Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the incident at Merry Piglets was probably about using the wiki for hours. But, MP will not want to admit that if true. IMO

Were they asked to leave and that was the real reason Gabby got up crying? And later that evening it could have lead to the last argument. Brian said no more spending time in coffee houses, etc. No more internet influencer postings till the end of the trip? And it lead to a huge blowout?

That’s a really good thought, so I visited the MP website again, looking to see if they advertise free wifi. Instead, I saw they have a waitlist and typically lines out the door. In a place like that, I doubt they allow guests to use their wifi. That said, it could still have been a turnover problem. It could have been GP was comfortably taking advantage of a strong cell signal, which aligns with your theory.

Edit: Thanks, @Nikynoo — I stand corrected!
Quote from @Nikynoo:
This info is outdated - The Merry Piglets definitely has WiFi.

See here (scroll down/search for Merry Piglets) - info is 1 month old:
Free WiFi Map in Jackson

Speed is 49.43mb/s down/ 22.05mb/s up, SSID is SONOS-AxQBBgABG3goypQTAAM=

Last edited:
Pretty hard for Americans to move to France or Spain, unless they have a well-paying job there - or a big sum of money to buy property. Even then, France especially is difficult.

I suppose New York makes sense - but they will surely be recognized there and isn't it way more expensive in most parts than North Port? I think they liquidated property in order to have a retirement balance and that house they're in right now isn't very expensive - gonna be hard to move up to New York, I think.

Somewhere else in the south, I suppose, would leave them closer to C. Probably not the first thing on their minds right now though.

That’s a really good thought, so I visited the MP website again, looking to see if they advertise free wifi. Instead, I saw they have a waitlist and typically lines out the door. In a place like that, I doubt they allow guests to use their wifi. That said, it could still have been a turnover problem. It could have been GP was comfortably taking advantage of a strong cell signal, which aligns with your theory.
Maybe they overstayed, but that doesn't explain why she was reportedly crying at the table. Then came back in while BL was making a scene, and was crying then, and apologizing, presumably for his bad behavior, and out of sheer embarrassment. JMO
If there was a line which makes sense, as it was lunchtime, then there must have been a lot of witnesses . jmo

Question: Is LE looking for more of BL still? Or did they stop? Because I don't have a lot of faith in their searching skills. Not a slam on LE; just an observation, MOO. They need to take a look, try to understand how water would have flowed, look at animal trails (the very small, low trails like raccoons make), look very carefully. MOO.
Why should they invest more time and money searching as long as they have enough to identify the remains?

Yeah. I see your point. I agree there's more on her Instagram but not really as much more as I'd have thought. And maybe I don't understand video production but some of the posted videos on her IG seemed not so good to me in terms of technical quality.
JMO

Lots of youtubers have...variable video quality. Gabby's are certainly not the worst I've seen. But she didn't have enough for more than 2 more videos, I'd think. She did have a hard drive with her (I bet that's where the prior year's footage was stored). I think she completed post-production on that one video on August 19, while she was at the hotel in SLC. In theory, they would have had footage from Jenny Lake, Grand Teton area, and of course - Spread Creek. I do wonder if the fact that they were in an unauthorized campsite (and ought not to be "advertising" that on Nomadic Static) was a problem for her. And of course, she was probably going to use Merry Piglets (at least stills of food) but was now realizing that might bring unwanted comments to the vlog. What a mess it was, right then.

I've said it before, but BL was one of those people who can't theorize properly about what other people are thinking, doing or feeling. I think he tried hard, but that it was difficult for him to put himself in Gabby's shoes. She really wanted that Van Life vlog to work - and I think her beginner efforts were way better than what I see some other young people doing - and with time, they all get better. Gabby had a lot of style and her camera skills would have improved.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

1/3 The mood of many in Moab is anxious and guarded. Many are apprehensive to talk about Gabby because they are overcome with fear and anxiety over the murder of Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner. The killer is not in custody. They don't know if it is someone who lives here.

2/3 I did not fully realize until being here -- that while the cases are very different -- and law enforcement say not related -- to the people here it is all part of one devastating time period over the last several months.

3/3 Murders are extremely unusual here. Let alone a double murder. More on all of this Thursday night in our @NewsNationNow special at 9pmET.

I listened to the linked fox video & the neighbors do not say a camping trip happened after the van was taken away as the above timeline suggests. Only the man saw the L's loading the camper and he said he couldn't remember exactly when that was. When prompted by Martha he said it was maybe a week or maybe week and a half after Brian got home. He also said the L's were going away for a long weekend when they packed up. But the van was hauled off on a Saturday night close to midnight. He doesn't seem to be saying they were packing up the camper in the dead of night. But even if they did, how could they "go away for the weekend" and leave after midnight on a Saturday?

I think this camping trip hasn't been covered because it may not have happened. I think there's a good chance he saw packing prep for the known Ft. DeSoto trip.
JMO

Yes, that's the weekend poop hit the fan starting w/ the van being towed.
I agree and what you think makes more sense.
I've found nothing to corroborate a camping trip on the weekend of the 11th.

Lots of youtubers have...variable video quality. Gabby's are certainly not the worst I've seen. But she didn't have enough for more than 2 more videos, I'd think. She did have a hard drive with her (I bet that's where the prior year's footage was stored). I think she completed post-production on that one video on August 19, while she was at the hotel in SLC. In theory, they would have had footage from Jenny Lake, Grand Teton area, and of course - Spread Creek. I do wonder if the fact that they were in an unauthorized campsite (and ought not to be "advertising" that on Nomadic Static) was a problem for her. And of course, she was probably going to use Merry Piglets (at least stills of food) but was now realizing that might bring unwanted comments to the vlog. What a mess it was, right then.

I've said it before, but BL was one of those people who can't theorize properly about what other people are thinking, doing or feeling. I think he tried hard, but that it was difficult for him to put himself in Gabby's shoes. She really wanted that Van Life vlog to work - and I think her beginner efforts were way better than what I see some other young people doing - and with time, they all get better. Gabby had a lot of style and her camera skills would have improved.

Oh, I'm sure you are right she would have improved. And I admit I don't really watch many amateur YouTube videos. But the jumpiness of several videos on her IG wasn't done as an "art effect" I don't think. Good point about Spread Creek camping though.

I don't know what to think about the Merry Piglets. I'm sure you are right Brian could be clueless but it's very hard for me to believe that either of them thought they could hang out to use the WiFi in a place like that. From all accounts, that place is frantically busy with lines all the time. So I'm not sold on the conflict arising because they were hanging out hogging space.

It's also the case much has been made of GP's apology here on WS. But the only account of the incident from NA isn't completely clear on that point:

"She seemed kind of embarrassed. At one point, she walks back into the restaurant on one of his attempts to walk back. And I think she followed him and was trying to, I think, get him to leave and, like, drop the situation. I think she was being apologetic towards the restaurant staff for his behavior. Like, she just kind of wanted to diffuse the situation. She was like, I'm sorry, come on, let's just go. But she was visibly upset," Angelo said."
Instagrammer details explosive argument between Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie at Wyoming restaurant

Yeah. I see your point. I agree there's more on her Instagram but not really as much more as I'd have thought. And maybe I don't understand video production but some of the posted videos on her IG seemed not so good to me in terms of technical quality.
JMO

IMO....looking for and then shooting beauty shots on the road would be so much more time consuming than we think. Not like shooting in a studio. And probably they would have wanted their videos to not duplicate other blogs. They both shot videos and both took photos. I saw talent. But, doing it all on the road and trying to live out of a van....so much stress. Living out of a small van for months would drive me crazy. Hygiene, finding things, keeping it clean, etc.

Maybe they overstayed, but that doesn't explain why she was reportedly crying at the table. Then came back in while BL was making a scene, and was crying then, and apologizing, presumably for his bad behavior, and out of sheer embarrassment. JMO
If there was a line which makes sense, as it was lunchtime, then there must have been a lot of witnesses . jmo

Was she crying before Brian got into a fight with the staff or after?

I could actually see them having an argument and the staff asking if everything was okay… making Brian blow up for real. At which point Gabby is very embarrassed and Brian obviously had problems with controlling his emotions so he continued to fight.

And not in response to you but just generally speaking -
I wouldn’t put blame on Gabby. I don’t think she sat there for hours because of the wifi. For all we know maybe they just went in to get some food. Gabby, for all we know, could’ve been completely “normal” and Brian still blew up. I mean… this was a controlling, abusive guy. Many things can trigger someone like that and it’s very possible that it had nothing to do with Gabby at all.

However her apologising to staff and not taking his side, that’s something he would’ve had a problem with later on.

MOO

Edit: Thanks, @Nikynoo — I stand corrected!

The witness at the restaurant, can't remember for sure but it might have been an employee could have been a patron, mentioned it looked like the argument was regarding the receipt. It could have been over WiFi and BL was saying "Look we have already purchased something and should be able to use the WiFi longer" or perhaps it was something like what he perceived to be an overcharge for a meal/drinks. Either scenario would make sense and could have involved looking/pointing at the receipt. IMO.

Pretty hard for Americans to move to France or Spain, unless they have a well-paying job there - or a big sum of money to buy property. Even then, France especially is difficult.

I suppose New York makes sense - but they will surely be recognized there and isn't it way more expensive in most parts than North Port? I think they liquidated property in order to have a retirement balance and that house they're in right now isn't very expensive - gonna be hard to move up to New York, I think.

Somewhere else in the south, I suppose, would leave them closer to C. Probably not the first thing on their minds right now though.

Completely agree. I have duel citizenship with an EU country, so I'm able to live in one if I so chose. I spend time in Paris, so France was my choice when the OP mentioned it. Just a happy moment of dreaming. Insurance is easy to get in a lot of Latin American countries. I have several friends living in Guatemala, a place I love so much. Antigua is one of my favorite spots on earth. It was my grounding/healing place after the death of a loved one.

I suspect the Laundries will stay in Florida. I imagine they've lost work and revenue streams and finances are tight. It can't be easy. Starting over in a new location is often for retirees with savings and pensions.

All my opinion only.

In my own view, because it is a human being and his family would most likely want all his remains.
They can go back and look if they want, but taxpayers don't need to spend any more money on this. They are having him cremated, so maybe they should scatter his cremains in the area where he chose to die, hopefully, without the press close behind. jmo

Was she crying before Brian got into a fight with the staff or after?

I could actually see them having an argument and the staff asking if everything was okay… making Brian blow up for real. At which point Gabby is very embarrassed and Brian obviously had problems with controlling his emotions so he continued to fight.

And not in response to you but just generally speaking -
I wouldn’t put blame on Gabby. I don’t think she sat there for hours because of the wifi. For all we know maybe they just went in to get some food. Gabby, for all we know, could’ve been completely “normal” and Brian still blew up. I mean… this was a controlling, abusive guy. Many things can trigger someone like that and it’s very possible that it had nothing to do with Gabby at all.

However her apologising to staff and not taking his side, that’s something he would’ve had a problem with later on.

MOO

Witness.
Instagrammer details explosive argument between Petito, Laundrie - YouTube

No eating establishment wants customers taking up space if they're not ordering food and/or beverages. I don't know how long GP and BL were in Merry Piglets and whether or not they ordered food/drinks, but I read somewhere that this restaurant is very busy during tourist season. Maybe they had something to eat or drink but had finished their meal, and other patrons were waiting to be seated. I was actually very surprised that they were allowed to sit in a coffee shop for six hours to use WiFi!

Wow! Was it six hours?? I didn't know, or have forgotten, that! And he had the nerve to fuss them out about whatever?? I would have slinked out of there like a bug...
Heaven only knows what he did to poor little Gabby when they got back to camp -- or maybe he pulled off the road en route and strangled her then?
SMH

The witness at the restaurant, can't remember for sure but it might have been an employee could have been a patron, mentioned it looked like the argument was regarding the receipt. It could have been over WiFi and BL was saying "Look we have already purchased something and should be able to use the WiFi longer" or perhaps it was something like what he perceived to be an overcharge for a meal/drinks. Either scenario would make sense and could have involved looking/pointing at the receipt. IMO.
I doubt the Merry Piglets incident was over WiFi. Or at least I don’t think that it was more likely to be about WiFi more than anything else. People take issue with all sorts of small things in restaurants. My best guess is that BL complained about something on the guest check, and the server declined to remove the charge.

Most people wouldn’t feel comfortable overstaying at a table in a restaurant that frantically busy at the height of the lunch rush. Some might, but Gabby struck me as a people pleaser and not someone who would have wanted to anger staff. Remember that her job just prior to moving to FL was at a restaurant called Smoke on the Water in Wilmington, NC. She would have been sympathetic to the staff and not wanted to appear as a difficult customer. MOO.

Wow! Was it six hours?? I didn't know, or have forgotten, that! And he had the nerve to fuss them out about whatever?? I would have slinked out of there like a bug...
Heaven only knows what he did to poor little Gabby when they got back to camp -- or maybe he pulled off the road en route and strangled her then?
SMH
The coffee shop was in Moab, the restaurant where they had the altercation with staff was in Jackson. In a not-busy coffee shop, esp if you buy a few things over time, the rules about lingering are much more relaxed than during lunch hour at a busy restaurant with table service in a tourist hot spot.

moo.

SMH

GP and BL were allegedly in a coffee shop for six hours prior to the Moab LE encounter. This was not the same as the stop at Merry Piglet's. IIRC, that was on August 27, the day that Gabby most likely died.

Last edited:
Completely agree. I have duel citizenship with an EU country, so I'm able to live in one if I so chose. I spend time in Paris, so France was my choice when the OP mentioned it. Just a happy moment of dreaming. Insurance is easy to get in a lot of Latin American countries. I have several friends living in Guatemala, a place I love so much. Antigua is one of my favorite spots on earth. It was my grounding/healing place after the death of a loved one.

I suspect the Laundries will stay in Florida. I imagine they've lost work and revenue streams and finances are tight. It can't be easy. Starting over in a new location is often for retirees with savings and pensions.

All my opinion only.

You make a good point about FL, especially considering that their business appears to have been something requiring/for local clients (I'm going by the juicer servicing business, which would mean having people go on site for repairs/maintenance, so in that case, very much local relationships and in-person presence).

(Me, I have a list 50+ places around the world long where I would/plan to go live for short periods - most places you can stay at least 90 days without a local employer, and my work is such I can work from anywhere with good wifi. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member