CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is pathetic and so are his parents for allowing this. If they can't prevent Larry from contacting the children, then the children need to be removed and put under someone's custody who can actually care for them. They keep hurting and victimizing those poor kids, it's not just Larry, it's also his parents. This is not okay. Removing those kids from the Millete's seems pretty urgent in my opinion.
i hope May's family is filing ex parte with this info.

His attorneys body language in this clip reads as lacking confidence IMO. I imagine he hates having a woman judge reprimand him. He fits the narcissistic personality disorder profile to a T, complete with ignoring a court order.
I also imagine his mental instability is increasing day by day. Comparing his time in prison to a movie is really out of touch with his reality. LM is definitely panicking as @BeachSky said. He cannot be alone with his thoughts and is spiraling out of control. This is right where he needs to be to crack. Moo
i feel this was intentional. he likes to manipulate women, and bonus that he will try incompetent defense should his case not go his way.

Why did he have such phone privilege's? Well, he blew it now.
If you can, watch the news video too. They say it was only five minutes in court. His parents report it is very hard for them to control Larry on the phone calls, and he has ended up talking to the children. :mad: LM has been way out of control for a long, long time and his parents seem to enable him, JMO. He is placing more heavy weight on children :mad: that should not have to watch that movie and feel further insecurity about their future. :mad: Blatant disregard to the Judge's orders. Larry must be very scared now. Talk Larry.

Man charged with killing wife accused of prohibited contact with kids - (kusi.com) BBM

"Larry Millete, 40, who is accused of killing 39-year-old May “Maya” Millete, the mother of his three children, has made 129 jail calls since his arrest last week, a prosecutor said Wednesday."

"According to Deputy District Attorney Christy Bowles, Millete has spoken to his children — ages 11, 10, and 5 — during an undetermined number of the calls, which the prosecutor said happened despite a judge ordering him last week against having any contact with the children."

"Bowles said he has made “disparaging” remarks about his wife’s family in some of the calls and also suggested the two oldest children watch a prison movie called “Shot Caller” to better understand his current situation."

Short Trailer because I never watched this movie or know much about it. Oh no, it's not for children and will only worry them further.
Shot Caller Official Trailer #1 (2017)
Snipped from the Wikipedia page for "Shot Caller":

Shot Caller (film) - Wikipedia

...Harlon is moved emotionally as he looks at pictures of his former life with his family, and realizes that sacrificing his own freedom to kill The Beast was the only way he could protect his family from his enemies...

Oh, Larry. You sacrificed so much more than your freedom. You sacrificed your family, to the puny god of your ego.

I wish a judge could grant May a divorce, post-mortem. I know that's impossible, but I still wish.

Snipped from the Wikipedia page for "Shot Caller":

Shot Caller (film) - Wikipedia

...Harlon is moved emotionally as he looks at pictures of his former life with his family, and realizes that sacrificing his own freedom to kill The Beast was the only way he could protect his family from his enemies...

Oh, Larry. You sacrificed so much more than your freedom. You sacrificed your family, to the puny god of your ego.

I wish a judge could grant May a divorce, post-mortem. I know that's impossible, but I still wish.

And full custody, which then could shift to her extraordinary sister.

JMO

Strictly, MOO, and what I imagine the phone conversations--

Larry asking kids-- What are they saying about me in the news headlines?​

Daughters tell him-- They say you were using a witch to cast spells to hurt Mommy. They're saying you, most likely, killed our mother and that you went on a long day trip to hide her body. Is that that day you took the Lexus, Daddy?

Larry reminds them that their mother abandoned them and she had this evil plan to get him in trouble. It's all her and her family's fault he's in jail now.​

Larry tells them to watch that movie to understand the danger of jail life and horrible gang pressure he's under in jail now. Wants them to see him as the star and lead, with muscles and cut abs. He's got to do what he has to do now. The children are told to help his parents pay the mortgage and keep quiet to protect the family.

All JMO and trying to imagine those many, many erratic phone conversations Larry had with the children from jail. No more though.​

What the heck, Larry has lost his ever-loving mind hasn't he?

IMO - he is scared to death the kids are going to tell something and he's not there to prevent or shut it down. He's toast, I think the kids have knowledge of something.

They need to take the kids from his parents. The kids will not feel safe enough to talk as long as they are there.

Moo.

Exactly, why was he allowed the call? Perhaps the phone is in the cells due to covid? I hope the media is as curious as we are!
I am super curious what the conversation was about at 1.48?
It's such an erratic behavior, I can't imagine a judge granting bail, he is so dangerous! I fear for the children. His parents should have put the phone down imo when he requested to speak to the children. MOO

The parents claim they had a hard time keeping him from talking to the kids? What a crock of ****. You don't answer the phone! And if you do you say...no!

His parents obviously are not capable of protecting the kids. They need to be removed.

Moo.

The parents claim they had a hard time keeping him from talking to the kids? What a crock of ****. You don't answer the phone! And if you do you say...no!

His parents obviously are not capable of protecting the kids. They need to be removed.

Moo.

In the Frostproof, Fl massacre of 3 friends gone night fishing, I about fell off my chair when the only defendant granted bail, Wiggins, 21, lost his freedom and remains in jail until he stands trial after he violated the terms of his bond and pretrial release when he repeatedly talked to his incarcerated brother about the case on a recorded line in the Polk County Jail!

In this case, their father Wiggins Sr. also encouraged the illegal conversations-- at one point telling his jailed son to call back in 15 minutes because his brother was taking a shower and couldn't come to the phone.

I thought I'd already seen the epitome of dumb criminals but Larry definitely takes the cake!

FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020 #2

The judge has got LM’s number!
and ..and.. and his attorneys number .
IMO he is trying to drive the defense bus.
Insane. Not gonna fly, we ALL know what you did Larry ! Game over Larry.

MOO

What is wrong with the DA? She is so timid!!!
She seems apologetic that she even is having to talk about this?????

From the armchair, LE has looked anemic. Maricris and Maya's family deserve a more vigorous approach to insure LM is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I agree. She wasn't prepared to charge him with violating the RO, but she did want the Judge to hand the defendant a paper copy of the criminal protective order - an order which, according to the Judge, she herself read to the defendant word for word at his arraignment one week ago.

Even his attorney knew what the protective order said, but when she asked him if he heard the judge say he was not to contact his kids, he said he didn't know they were witnesses.

Maybe he didn't think of them as witnesses or children, but as tools he can use to pick the lock on the jailhouse door.

All three women seemed to coddle him a little, but they are professional women and surely know what they're doing. At the end of the day, JM's children will be protected from him and from his poisonous words. That's a win! IMO

Just a question…
If the appointed guardians ( his parents) do not comply with the “Order of PROTECTION”
Can the children be put with May’s family?

This judge is serious IMO
Are they actually the appointed guardians or the children just stayed under their care by deafult since they were already living in the same house? Who appointed them? Why them and not someone else?

Are they actually the appointed guardians or the children just stayed under their care by deafult since they were already living in the same house? Who appointed them? Why them and not someone else?
I don't think the children should be with a relative who was talking about looking for a dead body in front of the children. (In news clip). They need to be moved out of that (alleged) murder scene and move in with Maya's family and try to get a fresh start. It's time to put these kids first!

amateur opinion and speculation

I don't think the children should be with a relative who was talking about looking for a dead body in front of the children. (In news clip). They need to be moved out of that (alleged) murder scene and move in with Maya's family and try to get a fresh start. It's time to put these kids first!

amateur opinion and speculation
I agree. What I was asking is if they were actually appointed as the children's guardians or if they're under their care because they were already allegedly living together. I believe that removing the children from the Millete's is urgent. It's pretty obvious that Larry is mostly concerned about what the older child could say or do. She is 11 years old, if she hadn't manifested interested into going to the first vigil for Maya, Larry would've never taken her. So, she might know a lot more than she thinks she knows and is probably the more aware of all of the children. Larry contacting her and further manipulating her is only going to damage the poor child even more. In my opinion, the kid knows her mother is dead and has probably been reading what is being said online.

I agree. What I was asking is if they were actually appointed as the children's guardians or if they're under their care because they were already allegedly living together. I believe that removing the children from the Millete's is urgent. It's pretty obvious that Larry is mostly concerned about what the older child could say or do. She is 11 years old, if she hadn't manifested interested into going to the first vigil for Maya, Larry would've never taken her. So, she might know a lot more than she thinks she knows and is probably the more aware of all of the children. Larry contacting her and further manipulating her is only going to damage the poor child even more. In my opinion, the kid knows her mother is dead and has probably been reading what is being said online.
I can't find any update since he was arrested but Maya's parents were fighting for visitation before he was arrested.

https://www.10news.com/news/maya-millete/maya-milletes-family-fights-for-right-to-see-her-children

I believe that they should renew the motion and supplement it with no contact violations. It is pretty compelling evidence. It doesn't look like Maya's parents or sister has actually moved for custody (from what I could find).

ETA - another article - motion won't be heard until December :(

Parents of missing mother Maya Millete face long wait for visitation with grandkids | cbs8.com

Last edited:
Just a question…
If the appointed guardians ( his parents) do not comply with the “Order of PROTECTION”
Can the children be put with May’s family?

This judge is serious IMO

IMO, the wheels at child services tend to move at two speeds: slow and slower.

Specific to the Millete children, I see a situation whereupon complaint about violating the protection order, the paternal grandparents might cite that they too were victims of LM (elder abuse?)-- especially given that LM's dad was allegedly recorded by the jail reminding LM of the PO. And to actually spend 9 hours on the phone with his children, I think the children also wanted to talk to their dad. I can't fault the children here -- they're truly innocent victims here.

When LM was first arrested, I recall Maricris best explained how the paternal grandparents had been living/caring for the children their entire lives. If the children are otherwise thriving with their paternal grandparents, I can see the court ruling that at this time, it's in the best interest of the children to remain in their care.

Guardianship notwithstanding, I'm hopeful that at the very least, the recent issue works in favor of escalating the maternal family visitation order.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member