Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we also have a video recording of the restaurant "witness" describing the big blow- up complete with angry voices and stalking in and out of the restaurant multiple times-- the one that doesn't match the manager's story at all.

JMO
Yes, and her story never sounded credible to me. With all the screaming at the staff, walking in, walking out, walking in, walking out, etc, four times to continue to yell at the staff, yet she couldn't remember one word he said?

The staff at the restaurant would not comment at the time due to the investigation. Yet the witness told the story on Instagram and agreed to an interview. I believe the manager, who chose not to reveal details to the media, probably because the FBI asked her not to. Imo

Could it be possible that Gabby thought Brian paid the bill? Perhaps she stepped away to go to the restroom assuming he took care of it. When the server follows them into the parking lot, it then becomes clear the bill had not been paid. As another Poster mentioned, potentially cash was given at this point, possibly from Gabby’s possession. She then may have attempted to get the cash back by trying to put the transaction on her card.

I don’t know, but something about his possible financial state has been in the back of my mind for a few weeks.

All JMO..

Yes, mine too. Ever since the fraud charge/warrant was announced...IMO.

“The manager, who didn’t want to be on camera, said there were no loud voices, no one got angry and no fit was thrown. The manager said Petito and Laundrie left the restaurant without paying so a server followed them outside. The pair then paid the bill out on the street, with the server noting that Laundrie was calm.

Laundrie and Petito then went back inside the restaurant together with Petito asking for her money back, the manager said. The restaurant said they were not going to give the money back, so the pair left, the manager said. Surveillance video of the interaction has since been deleted.” Timeline: Petito's final days

This is almost exactly what he said live.

Edit: Spelling

l rechecked - l am incorrect they left without paying -

Server followed them outside…

Sorry! Very weird they would do that and then pay outside -

If Gabby went back in to ask for refund (l work in F & B) something must have been wrong with the food …(moo)

If it wasn't due to not paying the bill, I wonder why the server would follow them outside? IMO.

“The manager, who didn’t want to be on camera, said there were no loud voices, no one got angry and no fit was thrown. The manager said Petito and Laundrie left the restaurant without paying so a server followed them outside. The pair then paid the bill out on the street, with the server noting that Laundrie was calm.

Laundrie and Petito then went back inside the restaurant together with Petito asking for her money back, the manager said. The restaurant said they were not going to give the money back, so the pair left, the manager said. Surveillance video of the interaction has since been deleted.” Timeline: Petito's final days

The bolded in the quote is what stood out to me… “for her money back”
She didn’t ask for “our”money back or “his” money back.
Just an observation..
At minimum if these were her words, it shows a mental separation in who the funds belonged to.

Brian Entin spoke to the restaurant manageress at Merry Piglets.

Brian Entin

The Manager did not want to go on camera, but she had a lot to say. I took notes because I wanted to get it all right.

She said everything that's been on the news about what happened here is made up. She says there was no loud voices, no one got angry, no one threw a fit here. And she says that Gabby and Brian did leave the restaurant without paying and she says that the server followed them outside. That they paid the bill out here on the street, and that Brian was very calm, but then that they came back into the restaurant together. And that Gabby said that she wanted her money back, and the restaurant said that "we're not going to give you your money back" and then Gabby and Brian left.

I asked about surveillance video and she said that they did have video, but they didn't know it was significant at the time and that it's since been deleted.

IF what the manager stated is true, shame on the person who said BL was making a scene and screaming. It's hard enough to follow the happenings in this case without people making up stories. IMO

It still makes no sense to me without an explanation as to why they would ever ask for a refund after paying for a meal that they tried to skip paying on.
Steal, pay, and then ask for a refund? No. This is not a full context of what could have happened. Mooing along.

They didn’t say that in what Brian Entin reported, unless I missed it later. I did a rewind and there was no specific mention of any order, just that the behavior wasn’t as described. They left without paying, a server followed them out and confronted them. They paid, BL was calm, they came back in together and GP said she wanted her money back. The restaurant refused and they left. There was surveillance video at the time, but they didn’t know it would be needed so it wasn’t kept.

He said manager didn’t went to go on camera so he just took notes.
OK I take that back. so sorry. But they ate something that they had a bill for, and tried not to pay.

It still makes no sense to me without an explanation as to why they would ever ask for a refund after paying for a meal that they tried to skip paying on.
Steal, pay, and then ask for a refund? No. This is not a full context of what could have happened. Mooing along.

I'll repeat my earlier comment: leave without paying because you are upset about something, pay because they threatened to phone the police, and then argue your money should be refunded because you are still upset about whatever it was you were upset with in the first place. Makes perfect sense to me.

Could it be possible that Gabby thought Brian paid the bill? Perhaps she stepped away to go to the restroom assuming he took care of it. When the server follows them into the parking lot, it then becomes clear the bill had not been paid. As another Poster mentioned, potentially cash was given at this point, possibly from Gabby’s possession. She then may have attempted to get the cash back by trying to put the transaction on her card.

I don’t know, but something about his possible financial state has been in the back of my mind for a few weeks.

All JMO..
It IS starting to feel like money or who's possession of it was an issue. I don't know if L's were helping them out with money, but G's parents said they were. jmo

We don’t know the story though folks -

Maybe BL said let’s not pay? And she followed suit.

I do know one thing l work in F & B and the bill is on me if people get up and leave without paying - that’s why the server followed them out.

For Gabby to go back in again and ask for a refund it had to have been because something was wrong with the food or service or both…

Regardless - it’s just one small moment in their lives - we have no idea what transpired in the next 24 hours

jmo

IF what the manager stated is true, shame on the person who said BL was making a scene and screaming. It's hard enough to follow the happenings in this case without people making up stories. IMO

Maybe because people that say horrible things about Brian get accolades. Even if it had nothing to do with why Gabby got killed. Much easier to jump on the bandwagon, and get an interview. 15 minutes and all.....

The only thing I can think of is if they left because the food was taking too long and then BL and GP were confronted by the server in the parking lot for payment, maybe after the server went back inside, BL and GP discussed it and decided that no they shouldn't have had to pay because the service was bad so GP went back in and asked for a refund. IMO.

Maybe because people that say horrible things about Brian get accolades. Even if it had nothing to do with why Gabby got killed. Much easier to jump on the bandwagon, and get an interview. 15 minutes and all.....

I agree. Saying BL made a scene gets a lot more attention than saying nothing out of the normal happened. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member