Found Deceased FL - Jabez Spann, 14, Sarasota, 4 Sept 2017 *reward*

His 14-year-old friend CJ broke-down talking about how Jabez always had his back.

"Anytime somebody picked on me, he was there. I just want to say thank you."
This is the saddest part, to me. Kid saw something and tried to say something, to be the kind of person these communities need more of and now he's dead at 14. Killed by the kind of people these communities need to be rid of but no one is willing to do it. Sickening.

Ridiculous how many so called "adults"are inhibiting an investigation of a child. I hope karma bites them in the butt. Lots of info at the link, which may have been posted previously.

Jabez Spann reportedly witnessed murder before disappearing

Snips:
The police report — for the first time — places Spann at the scene of Combs’ shooting, a circumstance that had previously only been rumored.

The police report that put Spann at the scene of Combs’ murder stems from the arrest of Reginald Lee Parker.

Parker, 55, told three people that he witnessed the fatal shooting of Combs. His firsthand account was corroborated by another witness, a woman who also heard the gunshot and saw men running from the area.

But according to the report, he changed his account once inside the county jail. When pressed by detectives, Parker denied telling anyone he saw Combs’ death.

After he recanted, detectives brought the three people Parker spoke to about the killing into the jail, to confront him in person about his statements. Parker, again, denied witnessing the death.

A Sarasota pastor, Kelvin Lumpkin of the Light of the World International Church, first told Sarasota Police detectives that he had information about a homicide.

Then, before Lumpkin could be interviewed by prosecutors and police detectives, Sarasota Mayor Shelli Freeland Eddie — acting as a private attorney and stating Lumpkin was her client.

Freeland Eddie sent SPD and the State Attorney’s Office a letter stating that Lumpkin would invoke his “pastoral privilege” and refuse to answer any questions from investigators,

I find it very alarming that the mayor of Sarasota took it upon himself to "represent" someone with information to share on this murder and issued a statement that he would in fact not be sharing the information. Lord help us!
I hope when this case is solved, a lot of heads roll, from the top down. Jabez deserves no less.

Ridiculous how many so called "adults"are inhibiting an investigation of a child. I hope karma bites them in the butt. Lots of info at the link, which may have been posted previously.

Snips:
The police report — for the first time — places Spann at the scene of Combs’ shooting, a circumstance that had previously only been rumored.

The police report that put Spann at the scene of Combs’ murder stems from the arrest of Reginald Lee Parker.

Parker, 55, told three people that he witnessed the fatal shooting of Combs. His firsthand account was corroborated by another witness, a woman who also heard the gunshot and saw men running from the area.

But according to the report, he changed his account once inside the county jail. When pressed by detectives, Parker denied telling anyone he saw Combs’ death.

After he recanted, detectives brought the three people Parker spoke to about the killing into the jail, to confront him in person about his statements. Parker, again, denied witnessing the death.

A Sarasota pastor, Kelvin Lumpkin of the Light of the World International Church, first told Sarasota Police detectives that he had information about a homicide.

Then, before Lumpkin could be interviewed by prosecutors and police detectives, Sarasota Mayor Shelli Freeland Eddie — acting as a private attorney and stating Lumpkin was her client.

Freeland Eddie sent SPD and the State Attorney’s Office a letter stating that Lumpkin would invoke his “pastoral privilege” and refuse to answer any questions from investigators,
I had to do a refresher & make a cheat sheet with all these people… So many offensive twists with Mayor & LE Chief & Captain interference imo. Really seems like pastor wants to help- almost seems like officials have pressured him into silence, disguised as “support”. Are they? And why?

Jabez Spann, 1st witness, 14, to shooting & murder of Travis Combs, while leaving his friend’s house on 22nd St to return home approx 200 yards away on 23rd St. Went missing 1 week later, Sept 4, after attending Combs’candlelight vigil. His skeletonized remains were found Feb 16, 2019 in rural Manatee County, west of I-75.

Travis Combs, 31, murder victim of 3 men in grassy, empty lot, 1631 22nd Street, died from single gunshot to chest. Do we have a thread for him on WS? Haven’t looked yet…

Three Suspects of Travis Combs’ Murder
Suspect 1
: ran N on foot
Suspect 2: ran N on foot
Suspect 3: took Combs car, later found burned in Manatee County. Do we know when the car was found & how close to Jabez’ remains?

2nd Witness: Reginald Lee Parker, 55, told 3 people he witnessed Combs’ fatal shooting. Recanted his witness claim in county jail (arrested via unrelated warrant for failure to appear in court), denied telling anyone he saw Combs’ shooting. Detectives brought the 3 people Parker spoke to about the killing into jail, to confront Parker in person. Parker again denied witnessing the death & has been charged as accessory to murder for impeding investigation of armed robbery murder.

3rd Witness: unidentified woman, corroborated Parker’s statement, also heard gunshot & saw men running from scene.

Parker Witnesses: All 3 people Parker allegedly told about Combs’ murder provided sworn statements to police.

Pastor Witness: Kelvin Lumpkin, Light of the World International Church, told Sarasota Police detectives he had info about Combs’ homicide. Before he could be interviewed by LE, his attorney wrote a letter to SPD, stating Lumpkin would invoke his “pastoral privilege” and refuse to answer any questions. Lumpkin has advocated in Facebook videos for info regarding Spann’s case- joined by SPD Chief & Captain. He reached out to news reporters & left a message but never responded to attempts to return the call.

Pastor’s Attorney: Sarasota Mayor Shelli Freeland Eddie. She was mayor of Sarasota 2017-2018, at the time she represented Lumpkin. Conflict of interest?!

Sarasota Police Department report:
Parker’s arrest report is the first of any official documents that indicate Spann witnessed the still unsolved death. It states he knew who committed the crimes & avoided telling LE with the intent of helping suspects “avoid or escape detection.” “Oh my God. Y’all shot him,” Spann is quoted as saying in the report, as the suspects scattered.

Sarasota Police Chief & Captain:
Chief Bernadette DiPino & Capt. Corinne Stannish joined Lumpkin in FB video, saying that the pastor did not withhold info about “a homicide case” or about Spann. They did not acknowledge a potential link between Combs’ death & Spann’s disappearance.

DiPino described Lumpkin as a “good steward of our community and he has been cooperating with our police when appropriate. I can tell you in my experience with him, he’s been a man of honor, a man of truth, a man looking out for our community and our Police Department. He is that wedge; he bonds us together, the police and the community. I value that and I don’t want that to be disrupted….”

The FBI, the FDLE & Sarasota PD are offering a combined $50,000 reward… please call Sarasota Crime Stoppers at 941-366-TIPS (8477) or online at www.sarasotacrimestoppers.com.

Former Mayors | City of Sarasota

“Fully skeletonized” remains found in rural Florida identified as missing teen Jabez Spann

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Jabez Spann: The Unsolved Death Of A 14-Year-Old Boy, Whose Body Was Found Nearly Two Years After He Went Missing - The Criminal Journal

SIDE NOTE: If my pastor knew the killer of 2 people, but felt his duty as confidant was more important than his duty to Spann & Combs, their families & that community, I’d find myself another church. Imho

So this case is really bugging me. Should be solved already. The weird thing is I can’t find much at all about Combs’ murder. Seems like if you find Combs’ murderer(s), you solve Jabez’ case as well. From my count, there are at least 8-11 people who know who killed Combs & Spann, but two are dead & the rest aren’t talking. So the 3 involved must be some very terrifying people. Imo

Travis Combs:
-Shot Monday Aug 28, 2017

-Police called to 22nd Street & Palmadelia Ave 9:20 p.m. Monday

-LE press release Thurs Aug 31 announced Combs death investigation as homicide (initially investigated as a suspicious death)
Note: wouldn’t gunshot wound to chest always be more than suspicious?

- TC visited his Aunt, Teresa Richardson, who lives next door, the night of his murder

-TR said it was unusual for TC to be outside at 9:30 p.m. because he goes to work at 4:30 a.m.

-TR said she doesn’t blame Parker. She doesn’t think Parker was involved in her nephew’s death. She feels he knows something, but doesn’t feel safe in jail or on the street. TR has known the 55-year-old since he was adopted by his mother.

-TR said Combs wasn’t an angel. A FLDLE report showed the 31-year-old man had been charged with possessing & selling marijuana. The case was dismissed. But he was a very, very good, sweet person… loved people… invested in people. He loved family, and he loved music.

-Combs had a son, 4 yo at the time of his death. He’d be 8 now & still no arrest for his dad’s murder.

-Teresa Richardson, went to visit Reginald Parker in jail to see if he was OK & to offer him support. She wants people to know “Reggie had nothing to do with Travis’ murder”.

https://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article169925412.html

https://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article170485032.html

Murdered man's aunt wants killers to know the life they took

Report info regarding Combs’ death to Detective Kim Laster at 941-364-7327 or Crimestoppers at 941-366-TIPS.

SIDE NOTE #2:
How can we teach good young people like Jabez, who tried to do the right thing, to go ahead & do that right thing yet stay safe doing it? How can a young person know that? Classes in schools? Keychains with Crimestoppers number on it? I’m asking because idk!

I looked up the report to see where Jabez Spann was mentioned. I had to split it into 4 pages. All the people who were not officially mentioned in the news article, are actually mentioned in many of the online court records. In 2018 there was a trial listed, subpoenas issued but I do not see any resolution noted. The case is marked Closed. I'm assuming RP is back on the streets but JMO as I cannot confirm.

PARKER, REGINALD LEE
Case Number: 2017 CF 015708
NC Uniform Case Number: 582017CF015708XXXANC
HOMICIDE WILFUL KILL-MURDER NOT PREMEDITATED 2ND DEGREE

ClerkNet 3.0

Attachments

• Reg Parker Intake 1.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • Reg Parker Intake 2.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • Reg Parker Intake 3.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • Reg Parker Intake 4.pdf
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 2
I had to do a refresher & make a cheat sheet with all these people… So many offensive twists with Mayor & LE Chief & Captain interference imo. Really seems like pastor wants to help- almost seems like officials have pressured him into silence, disguised as “support”. Are they? And why?

Jabez Spann, 1st witness, 14, to shooting & murder of Travis Combs, while leaving his friend’s house on 22nd St to return home approx 200 yards away on 23rd St. Went missing 1 week later, Sept 4, after attending Combs’candlelight vigil. His skeletonized remains were found Feb 16, 2019 in rural Manatee County, west of I-75.

Travis Combs, 31, murder victim of 3 men in grassy, empty lot, 1631 22nd Street, died from single gunshot to chest. Do we have a thread for him on WS? Haven’t looked yet…

Suspect 1
Suspect 3: took Combs car, later found burned in Manatee County. Do we know when the car was found & how close to Jabez’ remains?

2nd Witness: Reginald Lee Parker, 55, told 3 people he witnessed Combs’ fatal shooting. Recanted his witness claim in county jail (arrested via unrelated warrant for failure to appear in court), denied telling anyone he saw Combs’ shooting. Detectives brought the 3 people Parker spoke to about the killing into jail, to confront Parker in person. Parker again denied witnessing the death & has been charged as accessory to murder for impeding investigation of armed robbery murder.

3rd Witness: unidentified woman, corroborated Parker’s statement, also heard gunshot & saw men running from scene.

Parker Witnesses: All 3 people Parker allegedly told about Combs’ murder provided sworn statements to police.

Pastor Witness: Kelvin Lumpkin, Light of the World International Church, told Sarasota Police detectives he had info about Combs’ homicide. Before he could be interviewed by LE, his attorney wrote a letter to SPD, stating Lumpkin would invoke his “pastoral privilege” and refuse to answer any questions. Lumpkin has advocated in Facebook videos for info regarding Spann’s case- joined by SPD Chief & Captain. He reached out to news reporters & left a message but never responded to attempts to return the call.

Pastor’s Attorney: Sarasota Mayor Shelli Freeland Eddie. She was mayor of Sarasota 2017-2018, at the time she represented Lumpkin. Conflict of interest?!

Parker’s arrest report is the first of any official documents that indicate Spann witnessed the still unsolved death. It states he knew who committed the crimes & avoided telling LE with the intent of helping suspects “avoid or escape detection.” “Oh my God. Y’all shot him,” Spann is quoted as saying in the report, as the suspects scattered.

Chief Bernadette DiPino & Capt. Corinne Stannish joined Lumpkin in FB video, saying that the pastor did not withhold info about “a homicide case” or about Spann. They did not acknowledge a potential link between Combs’ death & Spann’s disappearance.

DiPino described Lumpkin as a “good steward of our community and he has been cooperating with our police when appropriate. I can tell you in my experience with him, he’s been a man of honor, a man of truth, a man looking out for our community and our Police Department. He is that wedge; he bonds us together, the police and the community. I value that and I don’t want that to be disrupted….”

The FBI, the FDLE & Sarasota PD are offering a combined $50,000 reward… please call Sarasota Crime Stoppers at 941-366-TIPS (8477) or online at www.sarasotacrimestoppers.com.

“Fully skeletonized” remains found in rural Florida identified as missing teen Jabez Spann

Jabez Spann: The Unsolved Death Of A 14-Year-Old Boy, Whose Body Was Found Nearly Two Years After He Went Missing - The Criminal Journal

SIDE NOTE: If my pastor knew the killer of 2 people, but felt his duty as confidant was more important than his duty to Spann & Combs, their families & that community, I’d find myself another church. Imho
Yeah this so called pastor doesn't exactly strike me as wholesome shall we say....based on his court records. I know people can change but seriously....

Light of the World - Senior Pastor

Yeah this so called pastor doesn't exactly strike me as wholesome shall we say....based on his court records. I know people can change but seriously....

Light of the World - Senior Pastor
Per Lumpkin’s pastoral church link… The former mayor & attorney for Lumpkin, Shelli Freeland Eddie, Esq., is a board member for this church. My, my, my. What a tangled web.

Perhaps our murderer is a member of this church & that’s why the good pastor and his faithful ex-mayor attorney are protecting him. I notice you must “register “ to attend a service there. Is that to keep the LE detectives out & away from the congregation?

All conjecture based on my extreme disgust that this community has blown-off justice for a 14 year old child.

I looked up the report to see where Jabez Spann was mentioned. I had to split it into 4 pages. All the people who were not officially mentioned in the news article, are actually mentioned in many of the online court records. In 2018 there was a trial listed, subpoenas issued but I do not see any resolution noted. The case is marked Closed. I'm assuming RP is back on the streets but JMO as I cannot confirm.

PARKER, REGINALD LEE
Case Number: 2017 CF 015708
NC Uniform Case Number: 582017CF015708XXXANC
HOMICIDE WILFUL KILL-MURDER NOT PREMEDITATED 2ND DEGREE

ClerkNet 3.0
How can they have NOTHING to put these men away- other than sorry-*advertiser censored** recanting Reggie? They have 3 other eye witnesses!

According to court docs,

Seen Fleeing Combs Murder
Curtis Campbell, aka Tank
Wheelock Minns-White
3rd male Not ID’d by witnesses/court docs

Eye Witnesses to Crime
Reggie Parker (recanted)
Jabez Spann (murdered 1 week later)
Amarion Robinson (friend w Jabez)
JJ Jericho Ramos (friend w Jabez)
Orange Avenue Witness (not ID’d in affadavit)

Witnesses to Reggie Parker’s Testimony
Joe Randall
Lucille Tillery (Jabez’ Grandma)
Latohya Jakes (Jabez’ Aunt)

Guessing LE deems Tillery & Jakes’ statements unconvincing to jurors due to family tie to Jabez? And Jabez’ friends minors? Which leaves only the Orange Ave witness too scared to testify? Because RR (recanting Reggie) is wussing out. This should be solved!:mad:

ETA: Almost forgot the pathetic Pastor witness who clammed up. He must have forgot “the truth shall set you free” part of the New Testament.

#Justice for Jabez!

Last edited:
I did a quick search on Travis Combs and did not see a thread for him. Maybe someone else on here can look that has better search skills. Once we have a thread for Travis, I can get the online documents uploaded to it.

I am local as I believe a few others on this thread are too. When this happened I was knee deep in my bone marrow transplant process. Then Hurricane Irma rolled thru. I do remember hearing and reading about it. But until recently, I didn't understand the depth of corruption, for lack of a better word. It is shocking that the known players are not being prosecuted. What additional evidence are they waiting on?

Jabez was a good student, played football and had a bright future. He deserves justice. His family deserves peace.

This has a timeline and location map.

Home

Jabez was reportedly an excellent athlete and an all-around great kid. Liked many teens, he loved sports, video games, his grandma’s southern cooking, and his cell phone. He’s described by many as having a great smile and was always cracking jokes to make others smile. On August 28, 2017, he allegedly witnessed a murder, which led to his disappearance and the end of his life.

So this case is really bugging me. Should be solved already. The weird thing is I can’t find much at all about Combs’ murder. Seems like if you find Combs’ murderer(s), you solve Jabez’ case as well. From my count, there are at least 8-11 people who know who killed Combs & Spann, but two are dead & the rest aren’t talking. So the 3 involved must be some very terrifying people. Imo

Travis Combs:
-Shot Monday Aug 28, 2017

-Police called to 22nd Street & Palmadelia Ave 9:20 p.m. Monday

-LE press release Thurs Aug 31 announced Combs death investigation as homicide (initially investigated as a suspicious death)
Note: wouldn’t gunshot wound to chest always be more than suspicious?

- TC visited his Aunt, Teresa Richardson, who lives next door, the night of his murder

-TR said it was unusual for TC to be outside at 9:30 p.m. because he goes to work at 4:30 a.m.

-TR said she doesn’t blame Parker. She doesn’t think Parker was involved in her nephew’s death. She feels he knows something, but doesn’t feel safe in jail or on the street. TR has known the 55-year-old since he was adopted by his mother.

-TR said Combs wasn’t an angel. A FLDLE report showed the 31-year-old man had been charged with possessing & selling marijuana. The case was dismissed. But he was a very, very good, sweet person… loved people… invested in people. He loved family, and he loved music.

-Combs had a son, 4 yo at the time of his death. He’d be 8 now & still no arrest for his dad’s murder.

-Teresa Richardson, went to visit Reginald Parker in jail to see if he was OK & to offer him support. She wants people to know “Reggie had nothing to do with Travis’ murder”.

https://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article169925412.html

https://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article170485032.html

Murdered man's aunt wants killers to know the life they took

Report info regarding Combs’ death to Detective Kim Laster at 941-364-7327 or Crimestoppers at 941-366-TIPS.

SIDE NOTE #2:
How can we teach good young people like Jabez, who tried to do the right thing, to go ahead & do that right thing yet stay safe doing it? How can a young person know that? Classes in schools? Keychains with Crimestoppers number on it? I’m asking because idk!
Yes, I think that the concept of Crimes toppers, that people can provide anonymous tips about crimes and even anonymously collect reward money should be a much more commonly understood thing, especially in gang violence areas.

Suspect 1

If my mayor thought that the pastor's 'duty' was more important than the moral duty, I would find myself a new mayor.

Yes, I think that the concept of Crimes toppers, that people can provide anonymous tips about crimes and even anonymously collect reward money should be a much more commonly understood thing, especially in gang violence areas.
I wish they'd post a billboard on US301 (Washington St) to advertise Crimestoppers and feature a new crime each month. I know they're expensive but that road is the main thoroughfare and heavily traveled. There are people constantly jaywalking, riding bikes, etc. The RLT community park is where the homeless hang out. The WaWa station is where all the local trades workers stop for gas and breakfast. Maybe just one person would gain enough confidence to solve this or other crimes.

upload_2022-1-17_18-33-15.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back