KY KY - Falmouth, WhtHispMale 25-45, UP81, Hanged, Prior Skull Reconstruction, Disfigured Face, Rosary Beads, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Scapular, Jul’96

Would you be willing to follow up? If this UID was somehow connected to the Carmelites they may be reluctant to provide that info. The Catholic church isn't exactly forthcoming with information that might put them in the news.
Yeah! I’ll do that Monday and see if I get a response.

I'm new to this thread but I'd suggest you include a description of the Carmelite scapular and rosary in your email. Maybe even ask if they recognise those objects and know where he might have obtained them. It looks like your original email didn't mention the reason you suspected a connection with the Carmelites, so I wonder if they dismissed it because they thought you were just reaching out randomly to every care facility in Kentucky.

So I am local to this area and to be honest i had never heard of it. So since im in Falmouth community groups i found a video on youtube and shared it with the community page.
Obviously it was a long time ago but got lots of shares to get people talking about it. A lot of people dont remember hearing about it although some seemed to b shocked its still unsolved. Side note does any on have an exact location the video seems to say it remote, maybe private property?

So I am local to this area and to be honest i had never heard of it. So since im in Falmouth community groups i found a video on youtube and shared it with the community page.
Obviously it was a long time ago but got lots of shares to get people talking about it. A lot of people dont remember hearing about it although some seemed to b shocked its still unsolved. Side note does any on have an exact location the video seems to say it remote, maybe private property?

Interesting, thank you. They think it wasn't a suicide. Did I understand it right that he had barbed wire rapped around his neck. Also they were pretty sure this man was Hispanic. The poor guy.

Thank you for sharing that video! Too bad they didn't have my drawing of him back when it was shot.
First time hearing that it might be a murder. So sad...I think of him often...

Interesting, thank you. They think it wasn't a suicide. Did I understand it right that he had barbed wire rapped around his neck. Also they were pretty sure this man was Hispanic. The poor guy.
Yes i thought it was a suicide but then this seems to think it was murder... Plus how does one hang them self with barbed wire? like just getting it to wrap to hang your self?

Thank you for sharing that video! Too bad they didn't have my drawing of him back when it was shot.
First time hearing that it might be a murder. So sad...I think of him often...
I wish they did too.

Ok so so speculating here and i know there was about 9 months difference here.
#1 About 9ish months after this the whole town of of Falmouth was underwater. While i dont remember butler back then then video states he was found in a creek between butler and Falmouth So if you look at a map and we say were going to butlet fro falmouth we would go up 27..
#2 Falmouth is a tiny town in the middle of no where we dont really have a news station that represents us that much. We do have a town news paper. Im going to see if i can find anything about it and see if the towns news papers go back that far. I assume 1st off he didn't get much coverage. Then the next spring a major flood and to this day the town is only known for being flooded.

Thanks so much for sharing this!

I do remember reading about the wire around his neck and speculation it may not have been a suicide. I can't remember now how I knew of that though.

It'd be amazing if you could get more attention to his story. Someone has definitely got to remember him!!

Would you be willing to follow up? If this UID was somehow connected to the Carmelites they may be reluctant to provide that info. The Catholic church isn't exactly forthcoming with information that might put them in the news.

Yeah! I’ll do that Monday and see if I get a response.
FWIW, I did contact the Carmelites a second time and got no response.

I'm wondering - maybe there is a medical expert here we could flag just for their opinion? - if he had extensive surgery to his facial bones, what would have been required before he left the hospital? Could he have been released all alone or just with a "friend," or would they have had to release him to either family or a facility with a care plan? Even LE contacting hospitals might not be much help because of privacy laws, but I think there more likely than not would have been at least several people who knew him after his injuries, after his release, someone besides just "friends." Someone in a professional capacity, such as nurse or social worker? Even if he was a migrant or homeless. Is that naive?
I suppose if just family they might not have reported him missing for various reasons, though. :(

There is a chance there was no-one to "release" him too. Many go to Skilled Facilities, supportive housing, or go home. Some, if they are significantly impaired, will get a guardian. If he was a year or two out from the accident, he wouldn't necessarily be constantly monitored. There most likely was a period where he was severely concussed and/or had a traumatic brain injury. If frontal lobe, it would impact his personality and impulse control. This could have led to a drifting away from those who knew him.

Usually this type of injury requires surgery in multiple stages. It is not a one and done type situation due to swelling and other potential complications. Depending on the type of accident, there might not be extensive facial scarring. Bones can break anywhere on the body without breaking skin necessarily. As for ongoing pain, once healed, he would not really be in physical pain. Based on healing, that should give a good timeline when the injury occurred.

My guess is this person ended his life out of guilt. Perhaps he was a drunk driver who killed friends, family, or strangers. If he had a lasting frontal lobe traumatic brain injury, it could present with serious personality changes. Persecution, religious fanaticism, and lack of impulse control. I could see someone laying themselves bare to god, symbolically utilizing barbwire as a crown of thorns, and ending their life for repentance. Perhaps there was no one to report him missing because he was a sole survivor. Thoughts?

There is a chance there was no-one to "release" him too. Many go to Skilled Facilities, supportive housing, or go home. Some, if they are significantly impaired, will get a guardian. If he was a year or two out from the accident, he wouldn't necessarily be constantly monitored. There most likely was a period where he was severely concussed and/or had a traumatic brain injury. If frontal lobe, it would impact his personality and impulse control. This could have led to a drifting away from those who knew him.

Usually this type of injury requires surgery in multiple stages. It is not a one and done type situation due to swelling and other potential complications. Depending on the type of accident, there might not be extensive facial scarring. Bones can break anywhere on the body without breaking skin necessarily. As for ongoing pain, once healed, he would not really be in physical pain. Based on healing, that should give a good timeline when the injury occurred.

My guess is this person ended his life out of guilt. Perhaps he was a drunk driver who killed friends, family, or strangers. If he had a lasting frontal lobe traumatic brain injury, it could present with serious personality changes. Persecution, religious fanaticism, and lack of impulse control. I could see someone laying themselves bare to god, symbolically utilizing barbwire as a crown of thorns, and ending their life for repentance. Perhaps there was no one to report him missing because he was a sole survivor. Thoughts?
Well thought out and said. I believe this man was, and had been, suffering for awhile. :(

My thoughts are that this could have been a migrant worker for one of the local farmers that come every year for tobacco. If the farmer is on the up and up they would have records/contracts of their workers and pay records. Any farmer that had a worker not show up after this date? Only need to keep records for seven years so this would be hard to follow up on.

Not sure if someone is able to do a lot of physical labor after such extensive injuries.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back