CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs don't have hands. Someone took the dog up in the elevator or the stairway to the 28th floor. There is definitely video of who that was. I hope LE gets on the stick and gets a warrant quickly.

I am always surprised why people don't have a couple of trusted people who they allow to locate their phone. Mine is shared with both of my kids, my wife, and my sibling.

Last edited:
Dogs don't have hands. Someone took the dog up in the elevator or the stairway to the 28th floor. There is definitely video of who that was. I hope LE gets on the stick and gets a warrant quickly.

I am always surprised why people don't have a couple of trusted people who they allow to locate their phone. Mine is shared with both of my kids, my wife, and my sibling.
Same and I recently added my out of state sibling …

I assume none of Heidi's belongings have been found in that apartment complex...phone, laptop, purse. I would hope that the garbage area from which residents' garbage goes down individual chutes, has been searched. But management is not allowing even the parking area to be searched (unconscionable imo). Then also, a complex that size would have an incinerator right?
Heidi could possibly be IN the building even.
From what I've read and understand, police haven't been allowed to come on the property at all, or see the surveillance video.

Is that right?

How strange!

I wonder how long the police have to wait to get a warrant for the security tape. It has already been 12 days, and some security cameras record over the previous footage every two weeks. If they don't get a warrant within the next two days it might be too late. The apartment management won't let her friends look in the parking garage to see if her SUV is there, but what about the police -- I wonder if they also need a warrant to check a parking garage. It seems like something that should have been done immediately.

And WHY on Earth wouldn't the management let them at least look in the parking garage????? Something VERY suspicious about that, if you ask me.

The Hope & Flower apartments have rental prices from $2600 to $18,000 per month.

I'm wondering if Heidi had a boyfriend who lived there and she visited him?

I feel sad for her son that she left halfway through his football match though. What was so important she couldn't stay until the end of the game?

Hope + Flower - Los Angeles, CA apartments for rent

And lots of ring cameras I’d think
According to Apartments.com, the 2 towers are rental Apartments built in 2019 that states video patrol, 24 hour concierge, gated, security system (not sure what that means), key fob, controlled access,parking (covered, unassigned with rental and list other parking as unassigned) and 665 units. Best part is the monthly rent $2,164 - $21, 972.
Owned/managed by Onni

I really can understand why management won't let the friends into the garage for security reasons, but I can't understand what reason they could have for not letting the police into the garage. Surely the police must have requested access to the garage; I'd hate to think that they haven't gotten around to that yet.

The security cameras would answer so many questions. With the camera footage it should be easy, with a less than 3 hour time frame, to quickly identify who brought the dog into the building. It is good that Heidi is getting some news coverage, and the facts of the case are so bizarre it will probably capture the interest of the national media. I'm sure that the luxury condo complex doesn't want any bad publicity, so maybe the news coverage will be the incentive for them to start cooperating.

Idk, I can see why a high end building would refuse to let people look around. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see why they would do it. They may have wealthy/high profile residents who pay a lot of money to have their privacy protected.
Just catching up on this case.
I know there has not been anything established yet. But feel it's safe to assume the dog didn't hit the elevator button for the 28th floor by himself.
If the building is high end/exclusive, I assume that eliminates the probability Heidi was car-jacked, and the took her dog home.
Looking forward to learning more details.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/heidi-planck-56b381117/
Login • Instagram

247951393_4860166137327007_6458834409570242927_n.jpg

Comment at link, shades of Suzanne Morphew - Log In or Sign Up to View

The Hope & Flower apartments have rental prices from $2600 to $18,000 per month.

I'm wondering if Heidi had a boyfriend who lived there and she visited him?

I feel sad for her son that she left halfway through his football match though. What was so important she couldn't stay until the end of the game?

Hope + Flower - Los Angeles, CA apartments for rent
That was my first thought....a boyfriend.

At the least I think Heidi went there to see someone for whatever reason...maybe there was some urgency because she left her son's football practice early. She was also described as "distracted" by the ex. Do we know if Heidi and the ex were actually together at the practice, as in sitting together? If so, I wonder what she told the ex before taking off, and whether she had a phone call or text message right before.

Seems to me also that if she had plans to visit someone in that complex midway or after the game, she might not have brought the dog with her to the football game. I dunno...maybe.

I hope LE is talking to her friends, a friend may be privy to her personal life....or maybe not.

How strange!

I wonder how long the police have to wait to get a warrant for the security tape. It has already been 12 days, and some security cameras record over the previous footage every two weeks. If they don't get a warrant within the next two days it might be too late. The apartment management won't let her friends look in the parking garage to see if her SUV is there, but what about the police -- I wonder if they also need a warrant to check a parking garage. It seems like something that should have been done immediately.
That's what I was wondering. Why didn't the police at least check the parking lot for her car and do a well check, especially since her dog was found on its own?

Now, the dog alone is not necessarily a reason to think a person is missing but combined with the lack of normal communication with her son, it just seems strange.

New info and details in this video

Police now at Heidi's house.

Dog was kept safe by a couple in that building for a WEEK....not able to find the owner. Ex found the dog through the microchip.

No one has a clue who she could know at that apartment complex downtown.

Ex has a new family...remarried I believe. Heidi went to the football game to meet them all there. At one point she just got up and said she was going.

Missing Mid-City mom has family, police concerned | KTLA

also in the video attached, ex and Heidi's friend found a phone in the house and proceeded to call her contact friends, boyfriends etc.
No-one seems to know anything.
Very strange

eta...I'd like to know whether her car is in that complex or not. For heaven's sake, LE needs know. Don't understand the management refusing access.

Her Facebook shows that she has worked for Camden Capital Partners in Beverly Hills since December 2016.

After looking at a map of LA, the apartment complex where the dog was found is in Downtown LA, near the Staples Center. It's a safe enough area normally but crime is up in the big cities of CA.

Her employment in Beverly Hills is a few miles west of the apartment complex (Staples Center area) and Downey is a few miles east of Staples Center. Her own home based on news reports appears to be in midtown, kind of in the middle of all of the other places she frequents. Unless stolen, I would think that her vehicle is somewhere in that area.

I do think it's kind of strange that her employment hasn't been mentioned in any news reports. Was she in the office regularly? Did she work from home? Didn't they find it strange that she hadn't been in communication with them or shown up for work?

And since she took her laptop with her to the ballpark, perhaps she was trying to work there while watching her son play, which makes me wonder if the reason she left was work related.

New info and details in this video

Police now at Heidi's house.

Dog was kept safe by a couple in that building for a WEEK....not able to find the owner. Ex found the dog through the microchip.

No one has a clue who she could know at that apartment complex downtown.

Ex has a new family...remarried I believe. Heidi went to the football game to meet them all there. At one point she just got up and said she was going.

Missing Mid-City mom has family, police concerned | KTLA
Worth watching since her ex-husband is interviewed. Also, interesting that he entered her home and found a phone.

I will say that it's very upsetting to me that it took nearly two weeks for the LAPD to search her home, and it sounds like it's only because it has become a high-profile case.

I am now wondering whether the couple who were taking care of the dog, actually found the dog wandering outside and took him in.
We don't know but I expect the police and the ex know by now. Maybe Heidi was never in that building. Maybe something happened in the vicinity.
Dog I believe was wearing a tag because the couple tried to reach out to the owner, but there was no response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie