Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed but of course we don't know what BL could've told them about him and Gabby. The Ls may have a reasonable explanation for ignoring the Ps - we just don't know moo
As I understand it, the first question NS had was if they had been in communication with the "KIDS", because she had no communication and was concerned about them. What would be a reasonable reason for not responding to that question? It was genuinely about both "kids". NS had no idea at that time that in fact Brian had been in FLA with Gabby's van for 10 days. jmo

We don't know what really transpired with either of them from Aug 13 to Aug 24. She was alone in SLC (from 17th to 23rd) while he was supposedly home moving their stuff out of storage to his parents house and according to Cassie he was helping his father do that? (Not, his father helping him.) And Cassie was familiar enough that she stated it wasn't a storage unit, but it was a storage "locker". Where the L's had room at their home for all the kids stuff, in August, apparently there was not room for it in June? After Gabby was found deceased, her mom wanted to know where Gabby's belongings were. She seemed to believe that Brian had taken them to his parents home. For her to think that, I am presuming that that's what Gabby told her. But, according to local LE, they are not aware of anything of Gabby's being at the Laundrie home. As far as we know, NS still has not had G's belongings returned to her. What did Brian do with Gabby's stuff? And why did moving their storage stuff take almost a week to accomplish? And why was he summoned to help HIS FATHER do it, anyway? What else was going on on his FLA hiatus? And what was Gabby doing for that week? Lots of questions, no answers. JMO

I agree! Wasn't it stated somewhere that BL went to move the storage out to save them money? So many threads and MSM articles up to this point, it's difficult to remember. If I recall, a lot of us were posting that buying a plane ticket to and from Florida to save money on a storage locker didn't make sense. Then later it was posted that the storage was kept at a condo that was sold. So they would have had to remove it regardless. This case can be very confusing. There are most likely easy explanations for most of our questions but only LE knows the answers. IMO.

Its not just the ignored ones.

The data from every device, from every cell phone and from every landline could/can paint for LE damaging outline involving Laundries.

Unless it can be shown they were in contact with Brian after they reported him missing, which seems unlikely, as he was probably dead, I don't see how.

I have often wondered about BL going back to FL to clean out a storage locker. Has there ever been any proof of that trip? Also GP posted that pic of herself at the Monarch Butterfly wall in Ogden , UT during that time frame. How did she get to Ogden given that she did not like to drive the van? Who took those pictures of her? Please forgive me if this has already been discussed.
I posted on this maaaaaaaaaaany threads ago. There is a fast and cheap train that goes from downtown Salt Lake City to Ogden. It's possible that she took the train instead of driving the van.

bbm
Agreed.

As far as 'legally' wrong ....
The L.'s contacted their real estate lawyer fairly soon.
I'd like to know when they felt they'd better hire one, and also if the L.'s felt an atty. was necessary in the event they could possibly face charges ?
After hearing what this lawyer, SB, has had to comment on -- the L.'s might have been better served hiring a more competent lawyer.
Including SB's dropping hints that the L.'s knew more than they said they knew -- which are very different from each other.
SB's doing a 180∘ when asked about his comments in the interviews didn't help.
Imo.

Believing that only guilty people need lawyers is one reason innocent people end up in prison according to many legal experts. Example: Should You Still Hire a Lawyer Even if You Are Not Guilty? | Kurtz & Blum

Consulting an attorney certainly wasn't an illegal act for the Laundries nor a "moral failing." Perhaps consulting an attorney without extensive experience in criminal law was a mistake. But what does that have to do with Gabby?
JMO

As I understand it, the first question NS had was if they had been in communication with the "KIDS", because she had no communication and was concerned about them. What would be a reasonable reason for not responding to that question? It was genuinely about both "kids". NS had no idea at that time that in fact Brian had been in FLA with Gabby's van for 10 days. jmo
I agree - even a reply to say well BL is here and he and GP have split and he doesn't want to talk about it so you'll need to contact her ... but unless the Ls tell what happened we may never know what they were told :(

Gabby's parents time and time again have showed their anger, worry and fear. To say "getting worried' does not necessarily equate with 'began calling" in my opinion undermines their doing everything in their power to contact someone.

As I said when data is released we will see when and how desperately they tried to contact Brian and Laundries.

You seem certain that data will be released.

There's no guarantee of this though, right?

LE are not obliged to release anything to the public, unless I'm mistaken..

MOO

How would the Laundries know what BL had or hadn't charged on any credit card that wasn't an account of the Laundries? Do most parents know what adult children are charging at any given time? And on what card? I doubt it

It's also possible BL had a good story for the presence of the van .Additionally the L's may or may not have known the van belonged to GP vs being joint property. Even GP's mother said "they got a van...." . I know when we've discussed this before people have said "I'd want to know who owned a car parked at my house because of liability." I'm not sure why the Laundries would be liable one way or the other for a vehicle at their house. But I have to admit I've never asked to see the registration for any car parked in my driveway by a family member.

According to multiple accounts, (and the timeline posted on WS) GP's family called the Laundries and texted on one day (9/10) and only part of that day before calling LE. (GP's family said they texted BL earlier.) We don't know whether those calls/texts to the L's went through or if GP's family had the right numbers. It's been posted on WS there are cell number "phone books" but I don't know how accurate those are. At any rate, the calling was on one day reportedly.
JMO
I would be willing to bet that vehicles that belonged to Brian were insured through his parents' insurance policy. Whether or not they were insuring the van seems to me like it might be a good indicator of whether they regarded the van as "his" or not.

RBBM. The justice system which dictates what LE can and cannot do does not always reflect, IMO, whether or not LE feels like 'they had done something wrong' or not. I believe we've heard quite a bit of frustration from local LE to understand that even they felt quite frustrated at the parents lack of cooperation, haven't we?
Legally wrong and morally wrong are two different camps. I think that's what we're seeing reflected in these discussions.
Expressing only my opinion, lol, like a child ~ I like mine best. :):):)
And no one is accusing anyone of committing a crime by not responding to calls texts emails etc. So, there is no reason to continue to assume that anyone is. Still it is curious behavior and causes people to speculate as to why they chose not to respond. jmo

Gabby's mom gave a "number" to the days that she had not heard from the couple in the recent 20/20 special. I think it was an excerpt from the 60 minutes Australia interview.
She had tried to report Gabby missing on the 10th, but nppd wouldn't take the report. She found out late in the night on the 11th that the van & bl was in FL. and ask the officer where Gabby was.
Also in the 20/20 special, the "voice" of Gabby , said something to the effect, asking stranger's to take our pictures.
Gabby Petito Family Interview 60 Minutes Australia Transcript

Last edited:
I would be willing to bet that vehicles that belonged to Brian were insured through his parents' insurance policy. Whether or not they were insuring the van seems to me like it might be a good indicator of whether they regarded the van as "his" or not.

I guess. I don't have any way to know any details of the van's insurance nor of the Laundries' usual practices re: car insurance.

As I recall from past threads it's been proposed by various WS posters
1. JP insured the van through his business
2. CL insured the van through his business
3. The van was never registered to GP at the Laundries address because she never lived there
4. GP didn't own the van, JP did

Given the variety of WS beliefs about the van, my personal opinion is that the L's could have believed it was jointly owned by GP and BL. (I never said they thought it was B's entirely)
JMO

BBM
Yes!
Bam! This is the part that boggles my brain and I just cannot get past!

Believing that only guilty people need lawyers is one reason innocent people end up in prison according to many legal experts. Example: Should You Still Hire a Lawyer Even if You Are Not Guilty? | Kurtz & Blum

Consulting an attorney certainly wasn't an illegal act for the Laundries nor a "moral failing." Perhaps consulting an attorney without extensive experience in criminal law was a mistake. But what does that have to do with Gabby?
JMO
RBBM
Oh my, no! I would never advise anyone to forego consulting an attorney! Especially when involved in a situation as the Laundries found themselves. For me, a "moral failing" would be to contact the attorney before one checked one's own moral code.
Did anyone say they shouldn't have or that it was illegal?

If they would like to sue someone for defamation, that's their prerogative. Discovery would be interesting. Both sides would have to answer questions under oath. jmo

If I were the Laundries and was not guilty of anything, I'd sue in a heartbeat. That kind of mob-like behavior can't be tolerated in a civil society, imo. I'm guessing they'd been cowed into submission, though, and just want to put this all behind them asap. jmo

IMO, it would make sense that GP and BL traveled from Moab to SLC where GP stayed in the hotel, then after they reunited, headed north through Ogden on the way to Wyoming. It makes the most sense to me that the Ogden butterfly photos were taken and posted at about the same time around 8/24, and that BL and GP were together. This is just all my speculation only, based on looking at map ;)

That would be logical to travel as you described, but nothing about this whole thing is rooted in logic. It's a short distance and there are a number of ways (including Gabby's own van) she might have traveled from SLC to Ogden before 8/24.

My real question is "Why was a Halloween greeting posted on August 24th?" Maybe "Happy Fall, Y'all" that early....but the reference to Halloween is so odd to me!

I believe there was a welfare check for Gabby..to see if she was there. That's when they handed LE the card for LE to contact their lawyer if they have questions. I don't know if they even told le that Gabby wasn't there, but if they thought that she was, they wouldn't have hauled her van away. Later that night she was declared "missing" by Suffolk County, NY, and soon thereafter, LE arrived to haul her van away...Around 11:30pm, SB says he was retained for this case. jmo

I guess it could have happened on your timeline, but also on other speculated timelines. I wish we had more facts in this case.

As I recall from past threads it's been proposed by various WS posters
1. JP insured the van through his business
2. CL insured the van through his business
3. The van was never registered to GP at the Laundries address because she never lived there
4. GP didn't own the van, JP did

The only thing we know for sure is that the van was titled to Gabby and registered in Gabby's name. That's what her father said, and I have no reason to doubt that he is more familiar with the situation than all sleuths except LE.

And the FBI said, on their original "Petito" website, that "she was traveling in a white 2021 Ford Transit van, registered in her name, with Florida license plate QFTG03 and decorated with a variety of stickers on the rear." (BBM)

(link to the online cache can be found here: FBI — Gabrielle Petito – Missing Person). Here's another source: A Timeline of the Search for Gabrielle Petito and Brian Laundrie

The van had Florida plates. So Gabby registered the van to some address in Florida, whether it was the Laundrie's house, or whether it was some other Florida address.

If the Laundries insured the van through their business, they would have known for sure to whom it was registered (likewise JP would have known if he insured the van through his business).

That would be logical to travel as you described, but nothing about this whole thing is rooted in logic. It's a short distance and there are a number of ways (including Gabby's own van) she might have traveled from SLC to Ogden before 8/24.

My real question is "Why was a Halloween greeting posted on August 24th?" Maybe "Happy Fall, Y'all" that early....but the reference to Halloween is so odd to me!

I agree that is really bizarre. The only thing I could think of is that she intended to schedule it to post closer to Halloween but it didn't work. I don't think Instagram itself allows scheduled posts, but I think there might be 3rd party apps you can use for that? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911