TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car had a disabled sign on it, some mentioned. Do you think, his extraordinary gait is the reason for such a sign?? Or is it a coincidence, that he used a car from someone, who has a disability? Or was it even intention to use such a car with the disability sign?

The person is roaming around the church when finding a vantage point to look for vehicles driving up would be better. Then move to an ambush point and shoot the victim with a .22, pick up the spent cases (unless they used a revolver) and leave. This effort just doesn't seem deliberate enough to be a planned murder.

I gently disagree.

At the end of the day, a good number of people do not approach planned murders with the objective planning of a mafia hit man.

Rather, they approach the murder with a stew of emotions that can include the need to work up the nerve to do it, a desire for overkill, a desire for the victim to feel fear, a desire to truly confront the victim face to face, disregarding more efficient attack methods as say "cowardly"- or lacking "poetic justice" imagery etc.

This stew of emotions can then lead to murders with objectively questionable decisions that subjectively make sense to the planner.

Last edited:
This case continues to haunt me. I don't know if this story has ever been posted here. I'd never heard before that police had recovered messages detailing flirtatious and intimate conversations on LinkedIn. Guess I missed the part where police said they think Missy knew her killer https://www.truecrimeedition.com/post/missy-bevers

I wonder if LE tracked down the author of the "strange and creepy" messages? That certainly fits the behavior of the SWATperp.

This case continues to haunt me. I don't know if this story has ever been posted here. I'd never heard before that police had recovered messages detailing flirtatious and intimate conversations on LinkedIn. Guess I missed the part where police said they think Missy knew her killer https://www.truecrimeedition.com/post/missy-bevers

I wonder if LE tracked down the author of the "strange and creepy" messages? That certainly fits the behavior of the SWATperp.

The messages were talked about in length on the threads. Here's another link with more info...
'Creepy' Message and Marital Woes Proceeded Beaver's Death

Haven't access in Europe, but I notice: Again the surname of Missy isn't spelled correctly. That always annoys me. :( I can imagine, an investigation sometimes partly failes because of that.

So let me get this straight -- a headline writer (or editor) at a small newspaper/website based hundreds of miles away misspells MB's name (which is spelled accurately in the article itself, by the way), and that person's error makes the INVESTIGATION by the police department far far away completely fail? C'mon man, that's just silly.

It's certainly unfortunate that a news site can't edit their work properly. But this goof has NOTHING to do with the path taken in this investigation.

So let me get this straight -- a headline writer (or editor) at a small newspaper/website based hundreds of miles away misspells MB's name (which is spelled accurately in the article itself, by the way), and that person's error makes the INVESTIGATION by the police department far far away completely fail? C'mon man, that's just silly.

It's certainly unfortunate that a news site can't edit their work properly. But this goof has NOTHING to do with the path taken in this investigation.
100% layman here: When they LE/FBI want to proof connections, let's say via SM or MSM, and many names (not only Missy's name!) are continuously misspelled as in version a), b), c), you can't tell me, it generally has no consequences. I've noticed it many times, for example looking at telephone directories. First name misspelled, middle name misspelled, middle name wrong abbrevation, surname misspelled plus Aliases even. :confused:
This one headline isn't the problem. (Wonderful, if Missy's name is spelled in the right way within the article.) Generally there is a problem with too many versions of names, IMO. Maybe, it's not better in GER. It is definitely a problem with immigrants, I learned years ago.

100% layman here: When they LE/FBI want to proof connections, let's say via SM or MSM, and many names (not only Missy's name!) are continuously misspelled as in version a), b), c), you can't tell me, it generally has no consequences. I've noticed it many times, for example looking at telephone directories. First name misspelled, middle name misspelled, middle name wrong abbrevation, surname misspelled plus Aliases even. :confused:
This one headline isn't the problem. (Wonderful, if Missy's name is spelled in the right way within the article.) Generally there is a problem with too many versions of names, IMO. Maybe, it's not better in GER. It is definitely a problem with immigrants, I learned years ago.

Sorry but I think you are way off base here, to think that LE is so inept as to be befuddled or led astray somehow by a few unprofessional journalists or websites who make spelling errors in their reporting on what the investigators are saying or doing in their case. What some article writes is going to be irrelevant to them anyhow, because LE already knows what they are doing, and have done. They know who MB is. There would be no consequences to the investigation.

Haven't access in Europe, but I notice: Again the surname of Missy isn't spelled correctly. That always annoys me. :( I can imagine, an investigation sometimes partly failes because of that.

They also confused "proceeded" with "preceded," reflecting decades of corporate destruction of American newsrooms, but I digress.

Why is there nothing new from law enforcement, no updates, it seems, in years? Why aren't they asking for more help from the public? Is there any indication they're working on it or is it in a cold case file? Is the FBI helping at this point or are they too busy, understandably, with domestic terrorism threats? Are the Texas Rangers helping now?

Good evening fellow slueths....Do we know of any footage that shows the Swat person actually getting out of the Ultima? Because I have a theory that when the Ultima turns off the headlights in front of the firearms store, it looks like he could be signaling someoneat the store. We dont know for sure that Swat person is the driver of that car. Highly possible he was signaling somebody at the store and either gave them a ride or Swat person was on foot. Idk it's a shame Ms. Bevers can not RIP quite yet.

Good evening fellow slueths....Do we know of any footage that shows the Swat person actually getting out of the Ultima? Because I have a theory that when the Ultima turns off the headlights in front of the firearms store, it looks like he could be signaling someoneat the store. We dont know for sure that Swat person is the driver of that car. Highly possible he was signaling somebody at the store and either gave them a ride or Swat person was on foot. Idk it's a shame Ms. Bevers can not RIP quite yet.
As far as I know, nobody entered the Altima and nobody left it.

CO - The Diol Family, 5 Killed in Arson Fire by Masked Suspects, Denver, 5 Aug 2020 *minors arrested
From this unrelated case -- this is what I hope/wish has been done for this case. If SP had a phone on him or in his car...

Quoted from story:
But for weeks investigators remained stumped on how to identify the masked individuals. A series of search warrants served on cellphone and tech companies led investigators to identify the three teens, court testimony showed.

The first warrant asked for cell tower data from all the major phone companies. The companies turned over data for all phone calls made or received in a one-mile radius of the house from 2 a.m. to 2:40 a.m. the night of the fire, as well as all devices connected to the network in that area in that time period.

Investigators received anonymized data on more than 7,000 devices that met those parameters. To narrow that down, they used a cell-site simulator to attempt to determine which mobile devices are normally found in the vicinity, thus eliminating neighbors from the data pool.

That eliminated hundreds of devices from the pool of potential suspects. Investigators then requested individual location data from all of the remaining phones and compared it with the path of the suspect car seen the night of the fire, eliminating any that did not match the movement of the vehicle.

That brought their pool down to 33 devices, one of which was registered to Bui’s sister, Tanya Bui. Federal prosecutors charged Tanya Bui with drug and gun trafficking crimes two days after her brother’s arrest and texts between the siblings included in court filings show that Kevin Bui frequently dealt drugs at his sister’s request.

Is this what’s referred to as a tower dump? If so, I *think* they went down this road in the beginning. It’s been so long I need a refresher on this case. Poor Missy. Her poor family, gearing up for another holiday season without Mama or answers. Heartbreaking.

“In the third warrant, detectives requested a tower dump of cellphone data from around the time Bevers was killed with hopes that if the killer was carrying a phone it may have pinged a tower near the church where the fitness instructor was found dead. It is also not clear if the data requested has been received by police.”
Latest Warrants in Missy Bevers Death Investigation Reveal Financial, Marital Struggles and a ‘Creepy' Message

If the perp was just there to steal something from the church, wouldn't the reason for the Swat gear would be to look like and pass himself off as LE if walked up on as Missy did? That's why I think he was there to kill Missy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire