Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

I think they might have more help if made public. Why a private group to find a missing person?

It would probably be more beneficial for the family to put their energies into lobbying the Italian Government to put pressure on the British Government to make sure the Met Police are doing all they can to either find AC or what happened to him. All the strength lies in ensuring a thorough investigation by the Met Police.

It would probably be more beneficial for the family to put their energies into lobbying the Italian Government to put pressure on the British Government to make sure the Met Police are doing all they can to either find AC or what happened to him. All the strength lies in ensuring a thorough investigation by the Met Police.
They’re probably doing that as well…

It will be within the Richmond section of the Metropolitan Police South West Basic Command Unit, which covers the London Boroughs of Richmond, Kingston, Merton and Wandsworth. So it is safe to say that AC was last known to be living with the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, but not necessarily in Richmond centre.

Additional confusion is caused by the fact that a property on a boundary may fall within the Richmond section but have a Putney postal address, which stems from where mail is sent to be sorted before delivery. This is where the Putney element may have crept in.

MOO

BBM: Now that makes sense. Thanks for sharing that. I understand now.

I was having a think about Antonino today and remembered mentioned before that there is a cemetery not too far from Bow station.
I remember when I was exploring a cemetery near where I live (looking for a lost cat) and one of derelict old graves literally caved in so I nearly fell down a huge hole. It is funny to look back on but could have potentially been something far more serious and it makes me worry that something similar could have happened to Antonino. Has the whole of the cemetery nearby been searched. Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park - Wikipedia

Well that would make sense as I pointed out the accessible wild corner of the Cemetary Park fitted in with the direction he was last seen walking in. I wish we knew if that wild corner had been searched or not.

Well that would make sense as I pointed out the accessible wild corner of the Cemetary Park fitted in with the direction he was last seen walking in. I wish we knew if that wild corner had been searched or not.
In my opinion but only my own observation the Cemetery park could hold the key and may not have been searched thoroughly enough.

In my opinion but only my own observation the Cemetery park could hold the key and may not have been searched thoroughly enough.

I know from Search and Rescue/Recovery call-outs that areas are not searched without some tangible evidence that the missing person is likely to be found in that area. This could be based on a number of factors, e,g.:

1. Previously known to have a connection/frequently visited, e.g. family/friend buried, childhood play area, favourite place, found there before when missing etc
2. Reliable witness evidence or CCTV indicates last known to be in the immediate area
3. Mobile phone ping (GPS or cell site)/last active phone connection in the immediate area
3. Discarded property/vehicle belonging to missing person found at or close to the area

If a need to search such an area is identified then police may bring in voluntary Lowland or Mountain Rescue teams, who have the skills, methodology and experience to do so effectively. They can also provide skilled water rescue technicians who can search areas of water, not precluding the need for a police dive team, as well as steep ground and rope rescue/access teams, search dogs and drones.

The focus of the search in an open/wooded area will be from the last known point and radiating out in concentric circles, using various search methods, but with expert reference to the significant data on lost person behaviour, relevant to different missing person demographics/circumstances of disappearance.

My key point is that it is just not effective to go off on a 'fishing trip' based on individual gut feel. Why is the cemetery any more likely to hold the solution than all the derelict areas, canals, abandoned buildings, building sites, the list is endless?

Operational decisions must be based on information received to enable the best use of resources. Always allow the evidence to lead the way. I suspect the police have more than they have revealed.

Last edited:
Murder in Tower Hamlets

" A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a man in Tower Hamlets.
Police were called to Navigation Road, Tower Hamlets at 08:43hrs on Saturday, 6 November after the London Ambulance Service had been called to reports of an unresponsive man.
Officers attended with paramedics and found a 22-year-old man who was pronounced dead at the scene. "

The ages don't match, but just thought this was interesting since it's only a mile from Bow Road.

Murder in Tower Hamlets

" A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a man in Tower Hamlets.
Police were called to Navigation Road, Tower Hamlets at 08:43hrs on Saturday, 6 November after the London Ambulance Service had been called to reports of an unresponsive man.
Officers attended with paramedics and found a 22-year-old man who was pronounced dead at the scene. "

The ages don't match, but just thought this was interesting since it's only a mile from Bow Road.

Interesting! Still makes me wonder.... ! RIP whoever it was. EDIT: Just googled it. Definitely not AC. RIP.

That cemetery/park is in the opposite direction to the way he headed on leaving the station. He could have worked his way back around to it, but why would he?

No the point is there is a corner of the cemetery park, even wilder than the main part of it, that IS accessible if you turn right from the station (then turn right again). I know the main entrance is to turn left from the station, but this corner has a wall that isn't tall and is very wild. All the buildings nearby have cameras on them. I hope they were checked.

No the point is there is a corner of the cemetery park, even wilder than the main part of it, that IS accessible if you turn right from the station (then turn right again). I know the main entrance is to turn left from the station, but this corner has a wall that isn't tall and is very wild. All the buildings nearby have cameras on them. I hope they were checked.
Could someone contact the Police and suggest they search here? Are their any family members on here I wonder? They could search here with friends etc?

Yes, I realise that, I've looked at the maps. But it is an indirect route, which is why I said "he could have worked his way back around to it". Are you suggesting that he knew there was a wild corner, knew where there was easy access to it, and knowingly made his way there? Because it seems unlikely to me that he would have got there by chance. I also think it's too far for someone urgently looking for a discreet place to be ill.

Yes, I realise that, I've looked at the maps. But it is an indirect route, which is why I said "he could have worked his way back around to it". Are you suggesting that he knew there was a wild corner, knew where there was easy access to it, and knowingly made his way there? Because it seems unlikely to me that he would have got there by chance. I also think it's too far for someone urgently looking for a discreet place to be ill.
No im not suggestions he knew about it at all

Personally, I don't think he was looking for any place to be ill. He had already 'been sick' (though we have no public proof this was any more than a hawking up of bile), therefore logic suggests if he was feeling worse he would have gone back to friend at station, or if that serious, phoned 999. If you are feeling that ill, you don't go looking for somewhere to be ill in.

Personally, I don't think he was looking for any place to be ill. He had already 'been sick' (though we have no public proof this was any more than a hawking up of bile), therefore logic suggests if he was feeling worse he would have gone back to friend at station, or if that serious, phoned 999. If you are feeling that ill, you don't go looking for somewhere to be ill in.
I agree. The suggestions have been vomiting and/or diarrhoea, neither of which usually allow a sufferer much time to get far.
I'm not convinced he was ill, and can't think of any reason why he would head for the cemetery park after going in the direction he did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back