GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the defense attorney needs to learn how to read cues: I am no genius, but I can see this detective has a sort of sour look on his face: He clearly does not want to be there and I don't think he likes this line of questioning.

True. I just think that this attorney thought, and probably based on interviews with other detectives and officers, that after verbal cues to a suspect didn't work, he would draw his weapon. But what he didn't count on was that not all detectives/officers are the same. Someone with this much experience (I think they said approx. 20 years) probably has learned some other tactics.

darn, got the feed up late and looks like I missed some good stuff "I don't just pull my gun"

Remember that this is a LEO who watched the video of AA being killed, then interviewed both the MMs the same day, and then let them go home without being arrested or asked to come in or back for further questioning. It's a safe bet that he has been on the receiving end of a great deal of uncomfortable scrutiny, given the widespread outtrage about lack of arrests that resulted after the video first came out.
Detective Rodhall, was clearly not impressed, with this obnoxious twit, of a defense lawyer. I’m very impressed by the women, presenting the State’s case. LD, in particular, knows the law thoroughly. Her 20 years of experience, show her dedication, to the rule of law. Do I sound like a fan girl? IMOO

Remember that this is a LEO who watched the video of AA being killed, then interviewed both the MMs the same day, and then let them go home without being arrested or asked to come in or back for further questioning. It's a safe bet that he has been on the receiving end of a great deal of uncomfortable scrutiny, given the widespread outtrage about lack of arrests that resulted after the video first came out.
In this kind of a matter it might be that the higher-ups were making the decision whether to arrest. Possible some of the officers may have wanted to arrest. JMO.

In this kind of a matter it might be that the higher-ups were making the decision whether to arrest. Possible some of the officers may have wanted to arrest. JMO.
yes, and in her indictment in September of this year former DA Jackie Johnson is accused as follows:

The indictment says Johnson violated her oath by "showing favor and affection" to Greg McMichael and "failing to treat Ahmaud Arbery and his family fairly and with dignity." It also says she obstructed police by "directing that Travis McMichael should not be placed under arrest."
Former Georgia district attorney booked on charges of obstructing Ahmaud Arbery case

Detective Rodhall, was clearly not impressed, with this obnoxious twit, of a defense lawyer. I’m very impressed by the women, presenting the State’s case. LD, in particular, knows the law thoroughly. Her 20 years of experience, show her dedication, to the rule of law. Do I sound like a fan girl? IMOO

LD is also VERY respectful of the court.

Absolutely true. What I was commenting on was this LEO knows he's just had his name & face put on TV, in this environment, as the guy who did the interviews after which there weren't arrests, and he's being asked by defense whether or not he pulls out his gun at the drop of a hat.

I'm really impressed with her as well. She has so much weight on her shoulders. A lot to deal with in this case with the 3 defendants. She's doing great. JMO.

Absolutely true. What I was commenting on was this LEO knows he's just had his name & face put on TV, in this environment, as the guy who did the interviews after which there weren't arrests, and he's being asked by defense whether or not he pulls out his gun at the drop of a hat.
Agree -- very true. I was impressed with him. JMO.

I'm a fan girl too: she is awesome: so professional!!!!

Raise your hand if you think the witness on the stand would have called 911 if a white guy was in that house?

witness made a hand gesture in the direction he saw AA travelling but claims he wasn't communicating anything to anyone (ie. any of the defendants). :rolleyes: Just waving his arm out there to point the direction of travel of AA to nobody. sigh

witness made a hand gesture in the direction he saw AA travelling but claims he wasn't communicating anything to anyone (ie. any of the defendants). :rolleyes: Just waving his arm out there to point the direction of travel of AA to nobody. sigh

To be fair, he might have if adult beverages were involved. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress