Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
BM & Neighbors? Gate?
@Cindizzi Thx for verifying that BM was in that pic of newish looking gate (presumably Monarch River Est. entrance) because I kinda doubted it was BM.

BM. Relationships w Others?
If pic w BM* was taken/uploaded before or on Oct 22, 2020 that was post-SM-disappearance and pre-BM-arrest. Seems he was still on speaking terms or working terms w these other men. Who are these men?* Interviewed by LE?
Any chance that Mr. Ritter was among them? Or other neighbors?

Gate
Does Monarch River Estates have more than one gate?
Do Oct. 2020 pix & May 2021 pix* show the same gate?
If it's a subdivision gate, looks like there are 2 points of entry into MRE from US Hwy 50. Maybe another entry from Co. Rd. 225? Where is this gate?
Can any of our map wizards mark it on M.R.Est map?** TiA.

If pix were taken of gate installation, were the men paid contractors/laborers or MRE homeowner-volunteers doing this for their HOA/subdivision?
Same question re BM, paid or volunteer?
** Plat Map of Monarch River Estates (uploaded 4 yrs ago)
^ https://www.monarchriverestates.org/file/document/881338593/1HjSZll4mBNKzlnA.pdf

To help answer the question of location of the gate: I believe it is located at the intersection of the gravel forest road 225 and the road heading east towards the previous Morphew residence. In the photo that was provided, it does look like there is a T road intersection behind the men. Forest Rd 225 is the access road for Fooses Lake (originally created for hydroelectric power). The Colorado trail also follows FR 225 from highway 50 to its end near Fooses lake. Both of these are within the Pike-San Isabel National Forest, doubtful a gate could be installed across the forest road road(Road 225).

Putting Libler on the stand serves no purpose but to make Suzanne look like an adulteress. Libler has provided ample proof that he was nowhere near Colorado. The only testimony he can deliver is that Suzanne was unhappy with Barry. I can't imagine any scenario where the defense attacking Libler works out for them.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Barry married SD to keep her off the stand.

I disagree. Libler is critically important as to the timeline. He may also have other knowledge regarding the state of SM's marriage and whether, for example, she was afraid of BM. Yes, LE has some communication between the two, but JL will be needed to verify the content.

BM & Neighbors? Gate?
@Cindizzi Thx for verifying that BM was in that pic of newish looking gate (presumably Monarch River Est. entrance) because I kinda doubted it was BM.

BM. Relationships w Others?
If pic w BM* was taken/uploaded before or on Oct 22, 2020 that was post-SM-disappearance and pre-BM-arrest. Seems he was still on speaking terms or working terms w these other men. Who are these men?* Interviewed by LE?
Any chance that Mr. Ritter was among them? Or other neighbors?

Gate
Does Monarch River Estates have more than one gate?
Do Oct. 2020 pix & May 2021 pix* show the same gate?
If it's a subdivision gate, looks like there are 2 points of entry into MRE from US Hwy 50. Maybe another entry from Co. Rd. 225? Where is this gate?
Can any of our map wizards mark it on M.R.Est map?** TiA.

If pix were taken of gate installation, were the men paid contractors/laborers or MRE homeowner-volunteers doing this for their HOA/subdivision?
Same question re BM, paid or volunteer?
** Plat Map of Monarch River Estates (uploaded 4 yrs ago)
^ https://www.monarchriverestates.org/file/document/881338593/1HjSZll4mBNKzlnA.pdf

To help answer the question of location of the gate: I believe it is located at the intersection of the gravel forest road 225 and the road heading east towards the previous Morphew residence. In the photo that was provided, it does look like there is a T road intersection behind the men. Forest Rd 225 is the access road for Fooses Lake (originally created for hydroelectric power). The Colorado trail also follows FR 225 from highway 50 to its end near Fooses lake. Both of these are within the Pike-San Isabel National Forest, doubtful a gate could be installed across the forest road road(Road 225).

The Public Docs Sept-Oct 15, 2021 batch (pgs 62-63, 73-74/141) provide a good description of the two gates and origin for gates at 1)Monarch River Drive (Ritters), and 2)Puma Path Road (Wexler & Cushman/Morphew). It appears both gates were erected after SM disappeared, and completion of the electronic closure was the basis for the court motion.

The only way for Ritters to get to Cushman's is by going through their electronic gate on Monarch Drive, driving to Hwy 50, driving west on Hwy 50 (away from Salida), taking a left on to CCR 225, then taking a left to Puma Path Road.

The Puma Path Road gate is installed approximately 100 yards from the Cushman residence.

Seems the solar wiring for the gates was completed without interference by BM and/or his presence at Cushmans.

As always, let's please be respectful of the privacy of non-POI and limit discussion to the relevant, public documents.

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-conten...blic-Documents-Sept-2021-thru-Oct-15-2021.pdf

Doesn't really matter in my opinion....all that matters is did prosecution hold back info from defense and did they follow through in a generally accepted manner professionally with the information they had. All this chatter about the DNA partial/match/profile is secondary in my opinion and should have shaped how investigators followed through or not followed through which I think would clear up the evidentiary value or lack of value with regard to trial. Media loves that stuff only because it grabs people's attention and adds intrigue.
What more could LE do to follow through on the partial match? They contacted the Arizona man and he declined to speak with them as far as we know. He isn't the man whose DNA is in the car, so can't be treated as a suspect or even a material witness. He can't provide exculpatory evidence because the DNA was not found on anything associated with SM's disappearance, like the bike or the helmet or the home, and because there is no reason to believe the person who left DNA in the car was anything other than a mechanic who serviced it. How would withholding the name of the Arizona man materially affect the outcome of the case in BM's favor, assuming that it was not disclosed with the terabyte of data everyone seems to be sorting through - still?

Further, assuming that the allegation is true, that the prosecution didn't offer testimony about this in the PH, where is the obligation to do that? And how would non-disclosure if it happened as alleged, have prevented the judge from finding probable cause?

If we are claiming misconduct by the prosecution, we need facts and analysis, don't you think?

Its absolutely clear to me that Barry knew Suzanne was having an affair, which was alluded to quite a bit in both the affidavit and preliminary hearing.

Barry would have been both furious that Suzanne was having one, and fearful that she was dead serious when she asked for a divorce that week (he may have thought she had a place to go, and thus means to pull it off).
RSBM..Same page@MassGuy. I feel he knew. Things had escalated so sharply that week, You can feel the tension growing and we only know about a few text. Very few. Must have been a hellacious fight Friday night based on what Morgan observed.

When we read Barry texted her 11 times at 2:26, and there was no response from SM, then his final test at 2:31 “Did you leave?”

I think there was literally a little panic on his part, not necessarily anger, but thinking she may have really left him finally.

I disagree. Libler is critically important as to the timeline. He may also have other knowledge regarding the state of SM's marriage and whether, for example, she was afraid of BM. Yes, LE has some communication between the two, but JL will be needed to verify the content.
I agree. Depending on what Suzanne told him, his testimony would backup SO (best friend). Is Suzanne's sister on the witness list? I think she's the one who said she knew of Barry's affair(s) in IN. That would definitely take the wind out of the defenses sail/sale.

RSBM..Same page@MassGuy. I feel he knew. Things had escalated so sharply that week, You can feel the tension growing and we only know about a few text. Very few. Must have been a hellacious fight Friday night based on what Morgan observed.

When we read Barry texted her 11 times at 2:26, and there was no response from SM, then his final test at 2:31 “Did you leave?”

I think there was literally a little panic on his part, not necessarily anger, but thinking she may have really left him finally.

Or.... knowing she had a habit of biking in the afternoon (and not in the morning), he thought she may have left for her bike ride, which would've thrown off his tranquilizer plan.

Just like Barry claims to have tranquilized deer, stolen their antlers and then watched them eventually amble off drunken and confused, I don't think he intended for Suzanne to know what hit her -- that may have even been his plan -- tranquilizer her unaware, relocate her, then let the elements or lack of oxygen do the rest -- a technicality he'd find genius and we'd find horrendous.

Anyway, I think it's possible that, after a pile of unanswered texts and calls, Einstein realized she might not be ignoring him but rather was unable to answer -- a rhetorical text, as it were.

JMO

What more could LE do to follow through on the partial match? They contacted the Arizona man and he declined to speak with them as far as we know. He isn't the man whose DNA is in the car, so can't be treated as a suspect or even a material witness. He can't provide exculpatory evidence because the DNA was not found on anything associated with SM's disappearance, like the bike or the helmet or the home, and because there is no reason to believe the person who left DNA in the car was anything other than a mechanic who serviced it. How would withholding the name of the Arizona man materially affect the outcome of the case in BM's favor, assuming that it was not disclosed with the terabyte of data everyone seems to be sorting through - still?

Further, assuming that the allegation is true, that the prosecution didn't offer testimony about this in the PH, where is the obligation to do that? And how would non-disclosure if it happened as alleged, have prevented the judge from finding probable cause?

If we are claiming misconduct by the prosecution, we need facts and analysis, don't you think?
It is not for me to decide frankly. The only legal issue currently is whether they provided the defense all the required documents and conversations about the DNA in a timely manner. Whose DNA is not currently in play in the current motions. I think some info is coming from the Letter of Intent and getting commingled with the current legal proceedings. I think the DNA is important now only if it illustrates misconduct on the part of the prosecution which the judge is perfectly capable of determining. I am not one that thinks the judge will use dismissal as a sanction if he determines there was misconduct. I personally think he is in the camp of let a jury decide at this point in the case barring any astounding development in the case.

And peanut
The Public Docs Sept-Oct 15, 2021 batch (pgs 62-63, 73-74/141) provide a good description of the two gates and origin for gates at 1)Monarch River Drive (Ritters), and 2)Puma Path Road (Wexler & Cushman/Morphew). It appears both gates were erected after SM disappeared, and completion of the electronic closure was the basis for the court motion.

The only way for Ritters to get to Cushman's is by going through their electronic gate on Monarch Drive, driving to Hwy 50, driving west on Hwy 50 (away from Salida), taking a left on to CCR 225, then taking a left to Puma Path Road.

The Puma Path Road gate is installed approximately 100 yards from the Cushman residence.

Seems the solar wiring for the gates was completed without interference by BM and/or his presence at Cushmans.

As always, let's please be respectful of the privacy of non-POI and limit discussion to the relevant, public documents.

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-conten...blic-Documents-Sept-2021-thru-Oct-15-2021.pdf

One off the gates is on Monarch Estates Drive... GDs home is down the road i believe ...

Source of photo: Taken by me on 9/18/21

Attachments

• 20210918_095807_compress59.jpg
    20210918_095807_compress59.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 60
July-August Public Doc batch: Pgs 31-41/101 - Defense Motion [D-17]

The above motion pretty much clarifies what Eytan spent 3+ hours arguing during the hearing on 11/9 where a quick glance reveals that the CODIS Match letter by CBI dated May 19, 2021, was received by the defense in discovery on 7/22/2021.

The defense was outraged that this letter and the information about the Tempe, Phoenix, and Illinois, CODIS Matches were not detailed in the AA, and instead, the AA included other details they didn't find important.

Pgs. 47-49/101 - Peoples response to CODIS leads.

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-conten...blic-Documents-July-2021-thru-August-2021.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123