Found Safe GA - Blaise Barnett, 1, sitting in car when stolen, later found abandoned, Clarkston, 10 Nov 2021

Yep. It makes no sense. Leaving your keys in the car is a good cover for explaining how a car might have been stolen that quickly though.

Why, yes. Yes it is.
Same, maybe it's a southern thing, but if the baby is asleep, you let the baby sleep in the running car (AC/Heat/lullaby channel) while you unload the groceries.

Everything about this is hinky, though. Red. Flags. Everywhere.

Especially if you are going to leave the keys in the car anyway. I'd never leave them outside an apartment complex anyway. I know on occasion we did let them sleep when we moved into our house.

But a big fat no with apartment life.

Interview

"I got back in front of my house right here, we parked right here. Maybe around like 1.06, 1.10. I went in the house first went upstairs, Blaise's dad had grabbed our nephew out the car and just a couple of bags that we had. He just was making a quick trip, you know to the house, because it's right there. So the car....we were able to still see the car. Maybe 30 seconds he was in there. He came, you know, tried to come back to get Blaise and then Blaise wasn't out here. The car wasn't either."

Why did she go upstairs when arriving at the house? Oh just had a thought. I wonder if she really needed the toilet and that's why dad was carrying everything.

So there was a prayer vigil this evening at Mt Carmel AME church in Doraville. I watched some of it livestreamed on facebook. This family is praying with fierce, brave prayers. Also, someone said in the foreground that the carseat was still in the van.

Interview with Blaise's mum.

"Yeah, so Blaise's dad seen the boy walking right here in front of like the bus stop, or something right there, and you know he didn't think nothing of it. It's just a lot of kids walking around here. Sometimes they walk late and stuff like that, so he didn't think nothing of it, but you know, he just kinda put 2 and 2 together and knew like at the moment he seen that boy and now the car's gone so, you know.

Probably yeah, 15...16 years old. He had on like black pants, a black jacket with yellow and green squares and black shoes.

That's a hell of a lot of details he took in considering he didn't think anything of it. Not forgetting it would have been quite dark. Who notices black shoes when it's dark?
People who have an eidetic memory, remember details.
Who’s to say that he doesn’t have an eidetic memory?
m()()

Interview

"I got back in front of my house right here, we parked right here. Maybe around like 1.06, 1.10. I went in the house first went upstairs, Blaise's dad had grabbed our nephew out the car and just a couple of bags that we had. He just was making a quick trip, you know to the house, because it's right there. So the car....we were able to still see the car. Maybe 30 seconds he was in there. He came, you know, tried to come back to get Blaise and then Blaise wasn't out here. The car wasn't either."

Why did she go upstairs when arriving at the house? Oh just had a thought. I wonder if she really needed the toilet and that's why dad was carrying everything.
That was my thought too. She hurried inside and up the stairs to the bathroom, planning to go back outside and help bring in the baby & bags. Imo

I would never (knowingly) leave my vehicle unattended or unsecured, with the keys inside, and certainly not if I had a child in there. However, I realize that sometimes exhaustion, distraction, illness etc., can cause anyone to deviate from their normal routine, and make a mistake. I hope that this child is found safe.

I don't doubt their belief that it was 30 seconds; I just doubt that reality.

To go from where they parked in the entrance to the property, into the building, and safely deliver the nephew somewhere in the apartment, put down bags, and go back out to look for the car, that's a lot longer. Also, it seems unlikely someone could come upon the car parked there, scout it out, open the door, locate the keys in the cup holder, and insert them into the ignition, and drive off before someone came back out of the apartment if it was truly 30 seconds from when the Dad left the vehicle.
That timeline just doesn't seem possible.

Same, maybe it's a southern thing, but if the baby is asleep, you let the baby sleep in the running car (AC/Heat/lullaby channel) while you unload the groceries.

Everything about this is hinky, though. Red. Flags. Everywhere.
Except that the car wasn’t running. I agree with others who have said that anyone who planned to carjack this car was taking a huge risk by assuming the keys would be in the vehicle. Another thing that bothers me is that mom was wearing a warm hat and jacket this morning on tv, but the baby had on a tshirt/tank, and no pants in the middle of the night. I was 100% convinced that whoever took the car had no idea there was a baby inside, but I’m getting worried that there is more to the story.

Blaise's mom's Facebook Account is full of happy family photos, photos of Blaise and his one year Birthday Party. Photos of her niece. Nothing to indicate anything other than a normal life with a loving family. Apparently her grandmother bought "her and Blaise" the SUV in September. I just don't know : (

People who have an eidetic memory, remember details.
Who’s to say that he doesn’t have an eidetic memory?
m()()

Well almost no adults truly have eidetic memory. But how many people have night vision?
Looking at that google street view I don't see any street lights. Regardless of how good your memory is how do you see someone's details in the dark?

I don't doubt their belief that it was 30 seconds; I just doubt that reality.

To go from where they parked in the entrance to the property, into the building, and safely deliver the nephew somewhere in the apartment, put down bags, and go back out to look for the car, that's a lot longer. Also, it seems unlikely someone could come upon the car parked there, scout it out, open the door, locate the keys in the cup holder, and insert them into the ignition, and drive off before someone came back out of the apartment if it was truly 30 seconds from when the Dad left the vehicle.
That timeline just doesn't seem possible.

Because it's not plausible.

Even if he saw the keys get placed in the cupholder... 30 seconds... He would have seen the SUV driving away, right?

My car is in my drive way. I'm going to walk from it into my kitchen, the fastest route to it, "set everything down" and walk back.

It's closer than their walk.

47 seconds.

That's walking two steps into the back kitchen door turning around and walking out... till my feet hit the drive way and I can see the car. Started from the car.

46 seconds the second time.

I thought so too, but if you look at the proximity to the two apartments to the left, which face the street. It makes sense, it would be the closest way to carry things into the apartment. There are stairs and a sidewalk right there. In the Google shot, I also pointed out there is an Explorer parked to the right. Unsure if that's their vehicle, its from April 2021 so it may be.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x88f5a8440120df5f:0x2acc24fcb8977a8b!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/parc+1000/@33.8128709,-84.242847,3a,75y,261.27h,90t/data=*213m4*211e1*213m2*211s44f-TGGOvWHYuExr2DABhQ*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x88f5a8440120df5f:0x2acc24fcb8977a8b?sa=X!5sparc 1000 - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e2!2s44f-TGGOvWHYuExr2DABhQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjCvo2JqY70AhULJzQIHXXTCiEQpx96BAhVEAg

Where are they supposed to have had the car parked in this pic? Also do you see street lights or a bus stop like the mom mentioned?

Blaise's mom's Facebook Account is full of happy family photos, photos of Blaise and his one year Birthday Party. Photos of her niece. Nothing to indicate anything other than a normal life with a loving family. Apparently her grandmother bought "her and Blaise" the SUV in September. I just don't know : (

Extended loving family. And damn proud of the car.

Except that the car wasn’t running. I agree with others who have said that anyone who planned to carjack this car was taking a huge risk by assuming the keys would be in the vehicle. Another thing that bothers me is that mom was wearing a warm hat and jacket this morning on tv, but the baby had on a tshirt/tank, and no pants in the middle of the night. I was 100% convinced that whoever took the car had no idea there was a baby inside, but I’m getting worried that there is more to the story.

I can't imagine that a carjacker would assume that someone left their keys in the cupholder of the car...and if they were simply looking for a car to steal, why risk stealing one that's right in front of an apartment building where I'm assuming there are streetlights? It does seem like a huge risk to take.

(Completely OT, but @gingerbread I love the dog in your profile picture!)

I hope this is OK to say. Notably absent, is ANY REFERENCE to Blaise's father. She lists herself as "single" and there isn't one photo, even of the birth of Blaise, to indicate otherwise. I'm sorry if I've overstepped rules, just replying to this post.

I apologize as well if this is overstepping... but I second this post. And this is specifically why I said "I don't think she would do anything to intentionally harm her son and I'll leave it at that for now."

I didn't miss the absence of any references to him as well. If its too much we'll hear so. I haven't been on here in awhile. My etiquette is lacking.

I can't imagine that a carjacker would assume that someone left their keys in the cupholder of the car...and if they were simply looking for a car to steal, why risk stealing one that's right in front of an apartment building where I'm assuming there are streetlights? It does seem like a huge risk to take.

(Completely OT, but @gingerbread I love the dog in your profile picture!)

No. You'd have to have seen them tossed in the cupholder. To have been up that close... Ford ignition keys for that model are pretty large and distinct IIRC. It wouldn't be hard to quickly pick out the ignition key. I've had several Explorers. But you'd have to have seen them tossed there to move that quick.

Possibly. Very possibly.

I keep going back to the mother saying not to get irritated by his crying and wondering if one of them snapped and accidentally harmed him.

I hate thinking like this.

We're on the same page. Mom's mentioned something about the baby being cold twice. Her words remind me of Delano Wilson's mother. She sounds like a mother grieving mourning the death of a child.

No. You'd have to have seen them tossed in the cupholder. To have been up that close... Ford ignition keys for that model are pretty large and distinct IIRC. It wouldn't be hard to quickly pick out the ignition key. I've had several Explorers. But you'd have to have seen them tossed there to move that quick.

Actually just reminded myself of something. A lot of Fords have a keypad on the driver door. In the winter, on the way to work, I'd pull into QT and leave it running, manually lock it, use the keypad to get back in.

I don't remember any pics showing the driver door. Anyone else notice if it had a keypad?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back