Othram - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Othram @othram, are you working on Arroyo Grande Jane Doe's case?

Great job. That was definitely one of the biggies. I'm not sure which one would be next. Maybe it would be Arroyo Grande Jane Doe. An easy reference point is when the thread(s) began, and number of pages. Arroyo Grande Jane Doe has threads here dating to 2005.

There are several higher profile Las Vegas area cases, including Sahara Sue from the late '70s and Las Vegas Jane Doe from 1982. The Review Journal frequently publishes articles indicating the coroner's office is determined to close the local cases, but I'm not sure if they ever reach out to Othram and others:

Coroner continues search for real names of John and Jane Does
I think Barbara Rae Venter is working on AGJD, big ones I can think of are the Cheerleader in the Trunk, Lady of the Dunes and Princess Doe

I'd be very elated to see Princess Doe identified. There's a short HBO documentary on her and you could see that the main detective on the case was emotionally invested. I hope he's still alive to see it solved.

Btw, I've noticed that these NCMEC cases are being solved more and more lately. Are they pushing for their cases to be solved? Jolaine Hemmy was another famous case they worked on so I'm curious if there's more stuff in the pipeline.

I'd be very elated to see Princess Doe identified. There's a short HBO documentary on her and you could see that the main detective on the case was emotionally invested. I hope he's still alive to see it solved.

Btw, I've noticed that these NCMEC cases are being solved more and more lately. Are they pushing for their cases to be solved? Jolaine Hemmy was another famous case they worked on so I'm curious if there's more stuff in the pipeline.
New Jersey kind needs an introduction into genealogoy too, New York and Maryland have recently been introduced, but New Jersey and Massachussetts are big states with a lot of cases still.

Delafield John Doe seems like it's one that could be easily solvable with genealogy given there's a possible targeted location of where that decedent grew up. Would love to see him finally get to go home.
Madison Chimney John Doe is another one that I would really like to see solved.

Delafield John Doe seems like it's one that could be easily solvable with genealogy given there's a possible targeted location of where that decedent grew up. Would love to see him finally get to go home.
Madison Chimney John Doe is another one that I would really like to see solved.
Delafield JD is already being worked on by the DNA Doe Project, it’d be amazing to see him identified this year

Delafield JD is already being worked on by the DNA Doe Project, it’d be amazing to see him identified this year
I am so glad to hear that - some of the police departments in this area with UID's seem to be hesitant with regards to involving genealogy and I feared Delafield would be similar.

@othram can someone please talk about the boy in the box case? Walker County Jane Doe was my top case that I wanted to see solved and I was so excited yesterday to hear Sherri get her name back! For the boy in the box idk if DNA is even available...I’ll have to go look!

This is some fascinating work that y’all do! Thank y’all so much for caring

@othram can someone please talk about the boy in the box case? Walker County Jane Doe was my top case that I wanted to see solved and I was so excited yesterday to hear Sherri get her name back! For the boy in the box idk if DNA is even available...I’ll have to go look!

This is some fascinating work that y’all do! Thank y’all so much for caring
Thanks for the support. We would love to help any case we can!

Discovery Life Sciences Selects Othram as Forensic Casework Commercialization Partner
  • Nov 16, 2021 rbbm.
  • ''HudsonAlpha Discovery®, Discovery Life Sciences' Sequencing and Bioinformatics Services Laboratory, has invested substantially in a diversity of capabilities to support scientists in realizing the promise of precision medicine through innovations in genomics, bioinformatics and DNA testing. Over the past few years, our capabilities have been successfully leveraged in forensic genomics, helping investigators solve cases and bringing closure to families with missing loved ones identified from genetic genealogy.

"We are thrilled today to announce that we have selected Othram as our commercialization partner for all forensic casework," said Shawn Levy, PhD., Chief Scientific Officer of Discovery Life Sciences. "By leveraging Othram's comprehensive suite of tools and services dedicated to supporting investigators from the crime scene to the courtroom, we have enhanced our ability to serve our expanded mission, and we look forward to our partnership with Othram."

Discovery Life Sciences Selects Othram as Forensic Casework Commercialization Partner
  • Nov 16, 2021 rbbm.
  • ''HudsonAlpha Discovery®, Discovery Life Sciences' Sequencing and Bioinformatics Services Laboratory, has invested substantially in a diversity of capabilities to support scientists in realizing the promise of precision medicine through innovations in genomics, bioinformatics and DNA testing. Over the past few years, our capabilities have been successfully leveraged in forensic genomics, helping investigators solve cases and bringing closure to families with missing loved ones identified from genetic genealogy.

"We are thrilled today to announce that we have selected Othram as our commercialization partner for all forensic casework," said Shawn Levy, PhD., Chief Scientific Officer of Discovery Life Sciences. "By leveraging Othram's comprehensive suite of tools and services dedicated to supporting investigators from the crime scene to the courtroom, we have enhanced our ability to serve our expanded mission, and we look forward to our partnership with Othram."
Thanks for sharing. We are very excited about this new partnership.

I think Barbara Rae Venter is working on AGJD, big ones I can think of are the Cheerleader in the Trunk, Lady of the Dunes and Princess Doe
St. Louis Jane Doe, Bitter Creek Betty, Sheridan (WY) Jane Doe, Miss X, Fond du Lac Jane Doe, One-Eyed Jack (Alaska - Eklutna Annie is already underway) and Little Miss Lake Panasoffkee are others that come to mind. I'm hopeful that many, if not all that I (and you) have listed are underway, or discussions have been had. These last few years have certainly seen so many popular Doe cases solved, let's hope everything keeps rolling on.

St. Louis Jane Doe, Bitter Creek Betty, Sheridan (WY) Jane Doe, Miss X, Fond du Lac Jane Doe, One-Eyed Jack (Alaska - Eklutna Annie is already underway) and Little Miss Lake Panasoffkee are others that come to mind. I'm hopeful that many, if not all that I (and you) have listed are underway, or discussions have been had. These last few years have certainly seen so many popular Doe cases solved, let's hope everything keeps rolling on.
I'm interested to see what unknown cases start to pick up traction now that famous cases are getting solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361