Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes lots of cases have been solved through familial DNA. They got this guy's name!
Yeah and why wasn’t “this guy” arrested then? I’ll tell you why, because there is not a shred of evidence/corroborating evidence that “this guy” who touched Suzanne’s glovebox likely when her car was serviced in some way, committed this crime. The fact Suzanne’s vehicle is not the scene of the crime, notwithstanding. If you think the premiere agencies of the FBI and CBI wanted to nail BM so bad they would ignore if it turned out to be “this guy’s” DNA evidence was substantial/relevant and any other corroborating evidence pointing to “this guy”, i.e., his fingerprints, fibers from clothing, his DNA also found on bike, helmet, etc (which none of that is the case), think again.
No, just no. BM was not ‘targeted’ by LE, hardly.

The unknown DNA was collected and tested, and LE determined it to be irrelevant/ruled it out. It is NOT exculpatory to BM, just more smoke and mirrors from the defense trying to sway public opinion/create reasonable doubt. Nothing more, nothing less.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I also think any usage of 100% is one of his tells.
Yep.
Not totally related, but I found it odd that after having his nephew publicize a reward for $100,000 in the beginning, he later tells LE that if LE didn’t steal money from his safe then he would “ bet $100,000 that Suzanne took it “. Same amount.
JMO

HIP. BM's Favorite Pose?

@Seattle1 :) sbm Thanks for your post w links. Another example, w a variation, one HIP & other hand on gate.

Iirc, MRE had no gates until after SM disappeared, so presumably pic was taken post May 2020.
ETA: When pic was taken, seems neighbors & BM were still on speaking terms and worked together. my2ct.

tBX5cXqvsBQWFUnS.jpg

Monarch River Estates Photo Gallery | Monarch River Estates No date shown in caption. Iiuc (verified by @Cindizzi TYVM) BM is in camo jacket, on right.
M.R. Est website, in
MRE Photo Gallery.
Citing daughters and their fear, the gates at MRE were erected after SM disappeared. From the coat and layers -- photo likely late fall early winter 2020.

Still Missing - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

The photo actually provides a very good sample for body language: three men in similar dress, and assuming similar interest in the project, two have a similar stance, and BM is the only one to conceal his left hand, and cross his right leg over his left -- while standing. (I wonder if BM's left-handed)?

Legs Can Reveal the Truth

"...Since their lower extremities are out of the way, liars forget about them and are betrayed..."

Body Language - Leg Posture Reveals Our Mind's Intent

Last edited:
Yeah and why wasn’t “this guy” arrested then? I’ll tell you why, because there is not a shred of evidence/corroborating evidence that “this guy” who touched Suzanne’s glovebox likely when her car was serviced in some way, committed this crime. The fact Suzanne’s vehicle is not the scene of the crime, notwithstanding. If you think the premiere agencies of the FBI and CBI wanted to nail BM so bad they would ignore if it turned out to be “this guy’s” DNA evidence was substantial/relevant and any other corroborating evidence pointing to “this guy”, i.e., his fingerprints, fibers from clothing, his DNA also found on bike, helmet, etc (which none of that is the case), think again.
No, just no. BM was not ‘targeted’ by LE, hardly.

The unknown DNA was collected and tested, and LE determined it to be irrelevant/ruled it out. It is NOT exculpatory to BM, just more smoke and mirrors from the defense trying to sway public opinion/create reasonable doubt. Nothing more, nothing less.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Agreed, but technically the prosecution had an obligation to turn over this information. In my opinion the prosecution were given a gold mine and have done a terrible job, starting with that (maybe true) scenario of BM chasing SM around the house with a tranquilizer dart. The imagery used bordered on ridiculous, which the defense seized on by saying that the data shows BM ran through walls. MOO

Agreed, but technically the prosecution had an obligation to turn over this information. In my opinion the prosecution were given a gold mine and have done a terrible job, starting with that (maybe true) scenario of BM chasing SM around the house with a tranquilizer dart. The imagery used bordered on ridiculous, which the defense seized on by saying that the data shows BM ran through walls. MOO
The defense claimed the data showed that, after they plugged the data points into a completely different program.

It's irrelevant though, as BM confessed to a frantic event in the backyard when he came up with the chipmunk thing 9 months later.

Whoops!

Last edited:
Well the Defense made it sound ridiculous at the PH, but they really didn’t go in depth with his movements and cell pings. I’m sure the Prosecution has experts who can testify on it.
Here’s a tweet from the recent Motions hearing. I believe the reporter might have misspelled Faro as Pharo. JMO
If they are using Faro, we may see a 3D reconstruction. JMO

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1458180893294608390?s=21
"We have a list of things that they haven't produced, email and texts, all statements from all experts, the smartforce database that they are all working to communicate on, #SuzanneMorphew HP laptop, Ritters communication memo, and a camera that produces Pharo scans."

https://www.faro.com/en/Application...e-incident-Planning/Crime-Scene-Investigation

Last edited:
HIP. BM's Favorite Pose?

@Seattle1 :) sbm Thanks for your post w links. Another example, w a variation, one HIP & other hand on gate.

Iirc, MRE had no gates until after SM disappeared, so presumably pic was taken post May 2020.
ETA: When pic was taken, seems neighbors & BM were still on speaking terms and worked together. my2ct.

tBX5cXqvsBQWFUnS.jpg

Monarch River Estates Photo Gallery | Monarch River Estates No date shown in caption. Iiuc (verified by @Cindizzi TYVM) BM is in camo jacket, on right.
M.R. Est website, in
MRE Photo Gallery.
It think we are learning that there weren't problems with the neighborhood until the restraining orders were issued...or at least that is what has seemingly occurred from the motions hearings. Of course there are 2 sides to every story. My guess is if Barry is acquitted or incarcerated he won't be living in this Chaffee County neighborhood so the neighbors won't worry needlessly in the future.

It think we are learning that there weren't problems with the neighborhood until the restraining orders were issued...or at least that is what has seemingly occurred from the motions hearings. Of course there are 2 sides to every story. My guess is if Barry is acquitted or incarcerated he won't be living in this Chaffee County neighborhood so the neighbors won't worry needlessly in the future.

Actually, I think this was more a situation of both the defense and media exaggerating normal, expected attitudes/behavior after an arrest, for their own self-interests.

We know that locals honored the man's desire to continue to work and provide for his family, all the while believing his arrest was inevitable. But he was arrested, charged, and will stand trial, and for some, things will never be the same. (And I'm not doubting that BM won't find work while he waits on his trial).

But it also follows that certain individuals such as the R's that were clearly, IMO, used by BM to contact CCSO and report SM missing from a non-existent bike ride, and now expected to testify under subpoena, would rather not have to entertain the thought of encountering BM-- with him wanting to share his tale of how he's being framed by their local CCSO!

Nobody in this situation deserves or wants this and probably why courts issue R.O.'s without the request of victims and witnesses. Generally, they're
not even given a choice in the matter.

From his interviews alone (i.e., CBI, FBI), BM comes off as absolutely shameless! He reminds me of my former brother-in-law, a narcissist, and serial adulterer, who more than a decade since the divorce, still doesn't understand why he's not welcome at the family dinner table on Thanksgiving! :rolleyes:

MOO

Streets & House Locations?

@Old Cop :) sbm Thanks for your explanation of a hard to explain layout. And for saving the screen shot.

Sorry I can't copy this plat map, w Phase 1, 2, & 3.*
https://www.monarchriverestates.org/file/document/881338593/1HjSZll4mBNKzlnA.pdf

Iiuc, Chaffee Co. records, Phase 3 or III, on map's left side:
Lot 6
(in grey) = Morph--'s former home, 190-- Puma Path
Lot 8
(in lt. olive) = Rit---'s house, 190-- Monarch River Dr.
Lot 9
(in dk. olive) = Cush---'s house, 190-- Puma Path

Is this correct? @OldCop or anyone? TiA.
If not, pls correct my faux pas.
IDK if copying this plat map & marking gate locations & adding names to the lot # would be useful to anyone else. TiA.
Looks good. See if this helps, @al66pine. If you tap on the plot it will give owner info.
qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Map

Better shot of gate...

Source of photo: Taken by me on 9/18/21
Thank you @NoSI Unless there are huge ditches on either side of the gate, I can't imagine an SUV no less a truck couldn't get around that gate, just saying.
Someone said something about how there were two entrances into the subdivision but I can't see that on any map but I do recall how someone said there was only a rope tying the gates together, at least at some point.
Could it be possible there are two gates? Thanks again NoSI for all of your work, both on the ground and tireless effort bringing us all of the hearing details. :)

If nothing else, I long believed it was a loud message of tension at home when both daughters opted to go away during Mother's Day weekend rather than spend the holiday with SM or invite her on the trip. And not just tension between the parents, but I'm certain the daughters picked up on changes in SM herself -- she was becoming braver, more confident than they'd ever known her to be. MOO
I think a very important question to ask the daughters is how they came to plan the trip, if they are in fact called.
Did Dad suggest it? Did M1 arrange it?

Last edited:
Yup. This interview with one of the daughters on page 40 says it all. View attachment 321467

This too.View attachment 321468
M2 also said how she suggested Suzanne getting a restraining order, according to Suzanne's texts to SO. I can't see her claiming that if it were untrue. Suzanne, after all, wanted to stay until M2 went to college.
If that's the case, there was much more than emotional abuse. Urging your own mother to get out for her own well-being and getting an RO are very different. I think Suzanne conveyed that to SO pretty close to her demise, maybe even right before the girls left for their trip. There's unhealthy and then there's fear of violence. M2 had to have been witness to it, IMO.
I hope she'll do the right thing but I'm not optimistic. She's under his control, yet again.

Actually, I think this was more a situation of both the defense and media exaggerating normal, expected attitudes/behavior after an arrest, for their own self-interests.

We know that locals honored the man's desire to continue to work and provide for his family, all the while believing his arrest was inevitable. But he was arrested, charged, and will stand trial, and for some, things will never be the same. (And I'm not doubting that BM won't find work while he waits on his trial).

But it also follows that certain individuals such as the R's that were clearly, IMO, used by BM to contact CCSO and report SM missing from a non-existent bike ride, and now expected to testify under subpoena, would rather not have to entertain the thought of encountering BM-- with him wanting to share his tale of how he's being framed by their local CCSO!

Nobody in this situation deserves or wants this and probably why courts issue R.O.'s without the request of victims and witnesses. Generally, they're
not even given a choice in the matter.

From his interviews alone (i.e., CBI, FBI), BM comes off as absolutely shameless! He reminds me of my former brother-in-law, a narcissist, and serial adulterer, who more than a decade since the divorce, still doesn't understand why he's not welcome at the family dinner table on Thanksgiving! :rolleyes:

MOO
Is that you Donna? Totally kidding. :D
Just an aside, I do doubt that he's working or has this entire time. He was too busy selling off properties, going on vacation and entertaining his girlfriends.
I sure as 'heck' know I wouldn't have hired him after Suzanne went missing.
We know he didn't have an outstanding 'wall' commitment, hehe.

Fox Helping Install Gates at Hen House?

After SM's disappearance, iiuc, one or more of BM's M.R. Est. neighbors wanted to install gates, presumably to prevent people from entering MRE & committing crimes.
And residents did install gates.
With BM's help.
The Fox has been living within the safety of MRE gates?
Irony?

Thanks to posters who provided info about the gate related events.:)
I love this!!!

Wonder if BM contributed this picture to the community photo gallery?
Monarch River Estates Photo Gallery | Monarch River Estates
I seriously doubt BM has ever done anything out of the goodness of his heart but the feline in this photo is exquisitely beautiful and somehow reminds me of Suzanne. IMO I wish we had a frontal view. Surely he wasn’t hunting this beautiful creature too?

OT but I read a headline today where a Colorado homeowner found a black footed ferret in his garage. Thankfully Barry wasn’t the homeowner otherwise imagine the poor critter’s suffering. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member