CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case makes me grasp for straws that would leave me rolling my eyes in any other case.

Right now I'm wondering if she could be at a private rehab/psychiatric facility (with private parking) avoiding an arrest. Maybe LE have an idea where she is but are letting the case play out to gather evidence or catch a bigger fish?

The other thing I keep wondering is, where was the Range Rover while Heidi was at H + F? It seems really unlikely that police have no idea where it was, I'm sure the parking area has cameras and most street parking would be within camera view as well. Why haven't we heard if she left in the RR or not??

Agree. I mean what would we be expecting to see on that video, it's seconds long. I wish we could see the raw footage, were the two clips edited for time?

I've come full circle in this case, don't know what to think anymore. Except I'm not as convinced as previously, that Heidi's disappearance has anything to do with her job or her ex-husband.
I feel the same way.
At this time I'm leaning to a mental break of some kind, maybe triggered by her work situation, by her ex husband, or even as simple as an argument or an incident involving her boyfriend in SF (?). Overwhelming stress may have put her over the edge.

It happened to a colleague of mine many years ago, he disappeared one night from our office, just walked out the door, and was only found three weeks later some 100 miles away. He could not remember a thing and was subsequently diagnosed with bi polar disorder, after never having shown any previous symptoms or related behavior.

Well, she MUST have been inside because her dog didn't go in, up to the elevator and on to the 29th floor by itself.

Yes, I believe she was, too. Just being careful with my words.

We have video confirmation she was outside nearby the bldg with her dog 30 min before the dog was found alone on the 29th floor inside H+F. We have her friend saying the staff knew her.

But as yet we do not have a definitive, confirmed statement from anyone that yes, she was there, inside H+F on 10/17 somewhere between 6:30-7:00pm. JMO

Hi everyone!! I've been a lurker for 20+ years ,I don't post much but enjoy reading everyone's thought sand every blue moon I will post something..... so here goes my two cents worth: I think Heidi may have took off somewhere with someone. My thinking about the dog is that Heidi is known to take Seven with her whenever she goes places...well maybe Heidi got to the F & H to meet this person and that person told her, "dog can't go you will have to leave dog behind". So they thought up the plan to leave dog on upper floors with the hopes that someone would come along and find the dog. Maybe the other person lived or knew of a tenant who lived on that floor that knew that a certain tenant would find and take care of Seven and would find a way to get Seven back to her son.

I feel the same way.
At this time I'm leaning to a mental break of some kind, maybe triggered by her work situation, by her ex husband, or even as simple as an argument or an incident involving her boyfriend in SF (?). Overwhelming stress may have put her over the edge.

It happened to a colleague of mine many years ago, he disappeared one night from our office, just walked out the door, and was only found three weeks later some 100 miles away. He could not remember a thing and was subsequently diagnosed with bi polar disorder, after never having shown any previous symptoms or related behavior.

Like several here, I am now thinking that perhaps she had some sort of mental break and left of her own accord. Having the connections she most likely has through her work life, and social and personal life, she probably has access to excellent treatment facilities that will enable her to remain anonymous, and LE may or may not be notified of her whereabouts. If she did check herself into such a facility, I certainly pray she gets whatever help she needs to get her life back in order, and be reunited with her family. JMO

My interpretation of the reporting that Heidi / Seven were recognized by the H+ F staff is that they had seen her at least a few times.

Possibly the dog was more recognizable (I know I can name many of the neighborhood dogs but wouldn’t be able to name or always recognize the neighbors myself)

This of course suggests that she knows a resident of H+F. So here’s my question: why doesn’t this resident come forward?

Here are all the (speculative) reasons I can think of:
+ They have come forward but this information has not been released to the media
+ The connection between Heidi and this person makes them look bad (e.g., affair, substances, business dealings, etc.) but they are uninvolved in her disappearance
+ they are involved in her disappearance
+ They knew Heidi under a different name / limited contact so they don’t realize they have info to offer (this is a stretch, I realize)

What other possibilities am I missing?

Hi everyone!! I've been a lurker for 20+ years ,I don't post much but enjoy reading everyone's thought sand every blue moon I will post something..... so here goes my two cents worth: I think Heidi may have took off somewhere with someone. My thinking about the dog is that Heidi is known to take Seven with her whenever she goes places...well maybe Heidi got to the F & H to meet this person and that person told her, "dog can't go you will have to leave dog behind". So they thought up the plan to leave dog on upper floors with the hopes that someone would come along and find the dog. Maybe the other person lived or knew of a tenant who lived on that floor that knew that a certain tenant would find and take care of Seven and would find a way to get Seven back to her son.
BBM
IMHO I think either she or someone she met with knew someone on the floor that Seven was found had a dog and either they or someone would take that dog in from the hall. We don't know if HP was ever in that building that day only she was seen outside near the building. I think LE has a good idea if HP entered and if there is video from H&F. I suppose the dog could have been brought in concealed in something but if there is video LE can probable narrow that down because of the short time window and who entered with something big enough to hide Seven. My question is could LE get permission to check all the possible condos for HP. I am not sure they could get warrants to do this with no sign of an actual crime.

My interpretation of the reporting that Heidi / Seven were recognized by the H+ F staff is that they had seen her at least a few times.

Possibly the dog was more recognizable (I know I can name many of the neighborhood dogs but wouldn’t be able to name or always recognize the neighbors myself)

This of course suggests that she knows a resident of H+F. So here’s my question: why doesn’t this resident come forward?

+ They have come forward but this information has not been released to the media
+ The connection between Heidi and this person makes them look bad (e.g., affair, substances, business dealings, etc.) but they are uninvolved in her disappearance
+ They knew Heidi under a different name / limited contact so they don’t realize they have info to offer (this is a stretch, I realize)

my understanding is that guests have to sign into the building, so I’m sure it’s known who she was visiting. Jmo

So she has been missing almost a month now. If her rent is 5-6k a month that is a lot of money doe the landlords to be out. Can you evict a missing person or how does that work? Surely they can’t keep not being paid and would need to rent that house out to a tenant that can pay the rent.

If you are single and go missing who is in control and/or responsible of and for you property, bills and assets? I read on Social Security site it is 7 years for a missing person to be declared dead…which is somewhat ironic that’s her dogs name not that it means anything but just ironic…so if that is the case where do all of her belongings go if they evict her? Who pays her phone bill and how soon for that to be turned off?

Also I don’t recall any mention of her financials, usually when someone is missing they also say her credit cards have shown no activity which I have never heard them say.

And to be honest the whole thing is odd in general that LE has not ever made a statement, media appearance or press conference regarding this. I know tons of people go missing in LA but usually when it’s a cute blonde women with good job, nice house and car and what not (which is sad but true for all the others missing) LE and the media are all over the that.

my understanding is that guests have to sign into the building, so I’m sure it’s known who she was visiting. Jmo
Is that how it works? I've seen comments on Yelp, where residents have said their guests were treated rudely. But I didn't see an explanation of how they were admitted.
So a person can't just walk into the building from the street and go directly to the elevator? What about entering from the parking garage? Are there valet parking services there for residents, or just parking spaces?
Gallery - Hope + Flower

well maybe Heidi got to the F & H to meet this person and that person told her, "dog can't go you will have to leave dog behind".
So they thought up the plan to leave dog on upper floors

IMO, nope, I just can't see many dog owners ever doing this. They love their pooches with all their heart, and if their dog can't go, then they wouldn't go either.

I personally don't think Heidi would ever abandoned her dog.

They do not want media / protesters camped out in front or their home / business

I vote for her disappearing herself. If LE knows this, what are their obligations. Do they have to inform JW, who reported her missing. Do they have to inform the public?
That’s a great question. I researched some Justice Dept sites and interpret the rather vague language to mean that no, they do not have to inform the public. I see that 650 persons who were registered as Missing were later classified as Voluntarily Missing in California last year. Bizarre.
It’s not illegal to go missing unless you are running from a crime or known charges. What strikes me is why JW would not have mentioned mental health concerns in the MP report so that she would be noted as an endangered missing person.

…Since being a missing person is not a crime, police are given a very limited role while conducting these types of investigations. As a general rule, all people have a right to be left alone, and police intrusion into their lives must be minimal. However, in cases where “foul-play” exists, police can investigate just like any other criminal act. Also, in cases where the missing person is “endangered” due to medical problems, or life-threatening situations, police will take appropriate investigative measures.

Once the missing person is found by police, the Department will notify the person who made the report. However, police cannot disclose the location or whereabouts of the missing person without his or her consent….
FAQs Missing Persons - LAPD Online
MOO

I vote for her disappearing herself. If LE knows this, what are their obligations. Do they have to inform JW, who reported her missing. Do they have to inform the public?

Could this be why JW has stopped talking? That LE has informed him that Heidi is safe but does not wish to disclose her location? Nor even whether she checked herself into a facility or not.

Still,... leaving her dog bothers me.
She also left her son. If I'm not mistaken, she was to have picked him up Tuesday after school. Fortunately, JW didn't take off on a vacation or go out of town that day because the son would have been left very high and dry. JMO, of course.

Is that how it works? I've seen comments on Yelp, where residents have said their guests were treated rudely. But I didn't see an explanation of how they were admitted.
So a person can't just walk into the building from the street and go directly to the elevator? What about entering from the parking garage? Are there valet parking services there for residents, or just parking spaces?
Gallery - Hope + Flower

I don’t have first hand experience, but from what I’ve read, guests need to be signed in and can’t just come and go as they please. Which stuck out to me because I’ve live in high rises on the east coast and I’d be annoyed as hell if I had to go sign in every guest that came to visit me.

I feel the same way.

Bipolar can definitely be like that, especially Type II (which often does result in someone walking around in a sort of fugue state or negative psychosis). Symptoms of Bipolar II are often more hidden (looks like common depression, but at work/in social situations, they can be very charming, tell lots of jokes).

Bipolar I's have the knack of being found even thousands of miles away (they get on planes).

I know nothing about the football league her son plays in but think it's a flag football league. I think I saw the name of the league reported but can't find that now.

But it seems weird to me that IF she left the game at half-time, that would have been as late as 4:30 especially for flag ball. It seems even in mid-Oct that would mean part of the second half of the game would be played as it got dark. Maybe the field has lights but playing under lights is pretty different from playing in daylight, I think. Maybe it had to be that way to cram in multiple games in one day on that field but it seems odd.

I don't see a time on her son's email from that day to see when the game might have ended.

I think some knowledgeable posters gave some info on how long a typical flag football game runs, but in looking up the CYO-LA site (I believe that’s the organization), it said this: (page 34 of the manual)

“7. Timing
A. The game shall be four ten-minute quarters with running time. Intermission shall be one minute after the first and third quarters and five minutes between halves.”

https://cyola.org/Assets/1324/2019-20 CYO Governing Manual (8-15-19).pdf

So, it seems a game is finished up within an hours’ time. I was surprised how short a game is. I still don’t know the game time, but she left after only about 20 minutes, if we’re to calculate according to the timing rule above.

IMO Someone in that building is her connection for drugs. If she died from them, that person is not going to call the police. They let the dog out of the apartment of course, took her car keys and ran. MOO

I’m stumped guys. I’ve walked a few blocks and don’t see anything resembling where that video was taken. Many females walking alone.
Definitely a very busy area. Very busy complex. People in and out constantly.
The area we see her walking thru in the news video definitely is not behind H&F.

Attachments

• F952BE68-1225-4036-BB9A-2A1B9921A07A.jpeg
    F952BE68-1225-4036-BB9A-2A1B9921A07A.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics