Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people who've been away and some new faces. So I'm gonna post my visual aid collection.

I made this Google Earth awhile back. It covers all of the important case locations, in many cases to the exact known GPS coordinates. It's linked in my signature for quick access.
Google Earth

Because this case is huge, we've all had a hard time keeping up. First, I made the Arrest Affidavit less intimidating: http://www./court_documents/barry-morphew-redacted-arrest-affidavit/

I've been going through @OldCop and @oviedo 's timeline and updating it with the confirmed information. This very messy version is here: Find Suzanne Morphew – #JusticeForSuzanne

But, I am working on making it all neat and tidy and cross-referenced. By no means complete yet. Timeline – Find Suzanne Morphew

I haven't even begun going through the case motions, but other than the reply to the DNA most of it is pointless to the timeline.

Although we've seen the maps showing that in order to drive from PP house to Ritters, one must go out to hwy 50 and east to the next access road, it is also true that Ritters' is just across the creek from PP home.

I suspect that there is at least one easy crossing spot, ie appropriately-located stepping stone boulders, or a downed log sturdy enough to walk across. And in an emergency wading across would not be a problem.

So I think it's reasonable that if (speculating here) SM was mobile and able to run, and especially if her car was blocked in by BM vehicle, she might have tried to run to/across the creek to safety at her friend's home. :(

Ooh, burn! :D

Also: the photo with BM and the two others at the newly installed gate -- I believe this gate is at hwy 50 at the eastern entrance to Monarch River Estates, the one that accesses, after it forks, the Ritters on the west and the campground on the east. I think this based on seeing the white highway shoulder paint line in the posted photo, and by matching trees and rocks between the posted photo and google maps images. IMO.

The proximity gives me new pause.

PP - 7 acres. The airbnb property 11, I think. Then the R's. Plus the many unbuilt plats.... he had access to ALL of those acres. ON FOOT. She was petite. He could've hiked to just about anywhere between 10pm and 3am... he knew those woods and he knew I bet, based on ages and experience, that he'd have complete privacy.

If he walked along the creek for an hour or two....

JMO

When Suzanne went missing, first it was said, that her husband was absent on MD and in Denver for firefighter training. Only later on the Broomfield job came into play.
Because in all of BM's lies some truths were hidden: did he perhaps take a detour to one of the addresses in Denver on his way to Broomfield (I think of trash or her phone)?

During the last 2-3 hours I have read a lot about firefighters and I noticed, that a firefighter has to train "forced entry" (No. 5 of his tasks within the CPAT firefighter test) with a sledge hammer, through doors or even walls.
So, his little bedroom door certainly wasn't a problem for BM.
Not important to know, but always interesting.

A lot of people who've been away and some new faces. So I'm gonna post my visual aid collection.

I made this Google Earth awhile back. It covers all of the important case locations, in many cases to the exact known GPS coordinates. It's linked in my signature for quick access.
Google Earth

Because this case is huge, we've all had a hard time keeping up. First, I made the Arrest Affidavit less intimidating: Barry Morphew Redacted Arrest Affidavit – Find Suzanne Morphew

I've been going through @OldCop and @oviedo 's timeline and updating it with the confirmed information. This very messy version is here: Find Suzanne Morphew – #JusticeForSuzanne

But, I am working on making it all neat and tidy and cross-referenced. By no means complete yet. Timeline – Find Suzanne Morphew

I haven't even begun going through the case motions, but other than the reply to the DNA most of it is pointless to the timeline.

Thank you so much for doing this, it must have taken so much time and hard work. Am truly grateful.

Google Earth

Because this case is huge, we've all had a hard time keeping up. First, I made the Arrest Affidavit less intimidating: Barry Morphew Redacted Arrest Affidavit – Find Suzanne Morphew

Thank you for your dedication & hard work !

However, as for other candidates, seems to me that there could have been others in either JL or BM's camp that might have a vested interest in making trouble for SM in the social media and Indiana small-town gossip world. I recall that JL has an older brother, and BM an older sister. I'm not on FB but I think I've heard it at least once that those two were classmates and longtime FB friends. Could big sister have hacked SM's FB account and sent those friend requests?

Hmmmm...o_O[/QUOTE]

I HIGHLY DOUBT that SM’s big sister would have done that. MOO

However, as for other candidates, seems to me that there could have been others in either JL or BM's camp that might have a vested interest in making trouble for SM in the social media and Indiana small-town gossip world. I recall that JL has an older brother, and BM an older sister. I'm not on FB but I think I've heard it at least once that those two were classmates and longtime FB friends. Could big sister have hacked SM's FB account and sent those friend requests?

Hmmmm...o_O

I HIGHLY DOUBT that SM’s big sister would have done that. MOO[/QUOTE]

Huh? Where did you find any reference to SM's big sister in my post? To be clear, I was suggesting BM's older sister.

Thank you so much for doing this, it must have taken so much time and hard work. Am truly grateful.

Thank you for your dedication & hard work !

I got mad when it became apparent that Barry's attorneys intended to throw Suzanne under the bus.

I've never met these people, we would not have been friends in real life, though I think Suzanne was probably the kind who smiled at everyone she passed.

She shouldn't get lost in her own murder the way she was lost in her life for most of it.

Although we've seen the maps showing that in order to drive from PP house to Ritters, one must go out to hwy 50 and east to the next access road, it is also true that Ritters' is just across the creek from PP home.

I suspect that there is at least one easy crossing spot, ie appropriately-located stepping stone boulders, or a downed log sturdy enough to walk across. And in an emergency wading across would not be a problem.

So I think it's reasonable that if (speculating here) SM was mobile and able to run, and especially if her car was blocked in by BM vehicle, she might have tried to run to/across the creek to safety at her friend's home. :(

Ooh, burn! :D

Also: the photo with BM and the two others at the newly installed gate -- I believe this gate is at hwy 50 at the eastern entrance to Monarch River Estates, the one that accesses, after it forks, the Ritters on the west and the campground on the east. I think this based on seeing the white highway shoulder paint line in the posted photo, and by matching trees and rocks between the posted photo and google maps images. IMO.

We know Barry's movements when he got home. They are in the AA.
I've enhanced this one so it's easier to read and added all of the relevant information.
BarrysChipmunkChase.jpg BarrysChipmunkChasept2.jpg BarrysChipmunkChasept3.jpg Bobcat=Chairs.jpg

Screencaps from CBS Denvers raw footage:

We know Barry's movements when he got home. They are in the AA.
I've enhanced this one so it's easier to read and added all of the relevant information.
View attachment 321863 View attachment 321864 View attachment 321865 View attachment 321866

Screencaps from CBS Denvers raw footage:

Quoting myself because I forgot to add the extra timeline text:

14:44:02 – 14:44:05 Barry’s phone pings by the western back patio.
14:44:06 – 14:44:09 Barry’s phone pings by the sunning porch where Suzanne took the selfie at 2:03.
14:44:10 – 14:44:11 Barry’s phone is in front of the house
14:44:12 – 14:44:23 Barry’s phone pings inside the garage
14:45:43 – 14:47:43 Barry’s phone pings at the master bed room.

Quoting myself because I forgot to add the extra timeline text:

14:44:02 – 14:44:05 Barry’s phone pings by the western back patio.
14:44:06 – 14:44:09 Barry’s phone pings by the sunning porch where Suzanne took the selfie at 2:03.
14:44:10 – 14:44:11 Barry’s phone is in front of the house
14:44:12 – 14:44:23 Barry’s phone pings inside the garage
14:45:43 – 14:47:43 Barry’s phone pings at the master bed room.

That's A LOT of chipmunks IN THE HOUSE.

Garage, breezeway/mudroom, thru the house to the bedroom.

Bet he wishes he'd "accidentally" hit airplane mode 3 minutes earlier.

JMO

(I'm reminded again about his weird answer.... as I recall, they asked about airplane mode and his sporadic movements just prior -- P 76 of the AA -- he answers with a question -- "I don't know where -- was it on me? Or was it on the kitchen -- or on what?" What that tells ME is that he was remembering that day. Interesting he places himself exactly in the kitchen, within meters of the bedroom door/frame. But oddlier, he doesn't want to recall aloud WHERE SUZANNE REALLY HAD BEEN when he arrived home. Would be so much more credible if he said she was sunbathing, showering, doing laundry-- and that tells me he was intentionally trying to dissociate from HIS last images of her. Editing. His shares seem to be fabrications. Veggie soup-- IMO didn't happen. One-plate-steak-for-two -- didn't happen. Going to bed together -- didn't happen. What harm in saying Suzanne was doing whatever it was she was actually doing? None IMO EXCEPT HE DIDN'T WANT TO REMEMBER IT. And THAT is VERY telling.)

(JMO)

Last edited:
I got mad when it became apparent that Barry's attorneys intended to throw Suzanne under the bus.

I've never met these people, we would not have been friends in real life, though I think Suzanne was probably the kind who smiled at everyone she passed.

She shouldn't get lost in her own murder the way she was lost in her life for most of it.
Barry’s lawyers did not throw Suzanne under the bus. Quite the opposite the prosecution opened with her affair I presume to bolster some hint of motive. Go back and look at the info from the preliminary and the arrest affidavit. My guess is both families probably wish that had never come to be known.

That's A LOT of chipmunks IN THE HOUSE.

Garage, breezeway/mudroom, thru the house to the bedroom.

Bet he wishes he'd "accidentally" hit airplane mode 3 minutes earlier.

JMO

(I'm reminded again about his weird answer.... as I recall, they asked about airplane mode and his sporadic movements just prior -- P 76 of the AA -- he answers with a question -- "I don't know where -- was it on me? Or was it on the kitchen -- or on what?" What that tells ME is that he was remembering that day. Interesting he places himself exactly in the kitchen, within meters of the bedroom door/frame. But oddlier, he doesn't want to recall aloud WHERE SUZANNE REALLY HAD BEEN when he arrived home. Would be so much more credible if he said she was sunbathing, showering, doing laundry-- and that tells me he was intentionally trying to dissociate from HIS last images of her. Editing. His shares seem to be fabrications. Veggie soup-- IMO didn't happen. One-plate-steak-for-two -- didn't happen. Going to bed together -- didn't happen. What harm in saying Suzanne was doing whatever it was she was actually doing? None IMO EXCEPT HE DIDN'T WANT TO REMEMBER IT. And THAT is VERY telling.)

(JMO)

The things in Barry's interviews that I find the most chilling are in relation to the last time he saw her. Grusing is a beast at this stuff. Hold on to your hat.

(Deputy Brown Reporting)
Barry stated that the last time he saw his wife was at their residence at 5:00AM that morning, May 10, 2020, when he got up to leave for Denver for a landscaping job. Suzanne was still sleeping and Barry did not speak with her.

(Barry Interview – May 13th)
Barry stated he awoke to his alarm at 4:30AM. Barry explained that when he awoke, Suzanne was still asleep in the master bed. Barry stated he heard her snoring. Barry said he showered and left the house at about 5:00AM. Barry stated he last saw Suzanne wearing short white shorts and a white string-type shirt.26 (26 Barry changed his last sighting of Suzanne throughout 2020 and 2021 numerous times.)

(Barry Interview- June 2nd)
When Barry was asked of his last image of Suzanne, he initially replied that he did not see her on the morning of May 10th or remember a last image. SA Grusing walked Barry through his prior statements of seeing Suzanne and describing her clothing. Barry was asked multiple times what his last image of her was and he did not answer the question. Finally, to elicit some response, SA Grusing asked if he even remembered seeing a lump of covers in his bed before he left for Broomfield. Barry replied that he saw, “Probably just the lump, there. I, I, I, detail is, remember her breathing.”

(Barry Interview- June 3rd)
Barry stated that after dinner, Suzanne did the dishes and he went back into the garage, fixing the pin on the bobcat. Barry stated, “I think I recall seeing 4:15-ish, when I get up and knowing that hey, if I leave at five, I’ll get there at eight.” He added, “I probably got up took a shower, got my clothes on.”

Barry added that Suzanne was naked the last time he saw her, so he did not know what she was last wearing.

(Holly Wilson – November 5, 2020)
Barry was asked about the last thing he said to Suzanne. He replied, “I don’t even know. It was just a normal night. We just ate dinner together and just had a quiet evening like we (unintelligible-UI) do.”

(Holly Wilson – December 17, 2020- In downtown Salida, CO)
Holly said that Barry could never describe what his last image of Suzanne was to her.

Barry: “Well, I’ll tell you right now we had sex that night and she was naked when I went to sleep. So, she obviously got up and put her pajamas on and when I left in th-, the next morning she was laying right there in bed. I didn’t pull up the covers and look what she was wearing, if that’s what you’re asking me?”

(Discussion of Exhibit 6)
SA Grusing asked if the last thing Barry remembered about Suzanne was hearing her breathing.

Barry said, “No, last thing I heard her do was snoring.” He added, “Lightly snoring,” and SA Grusing asked if she was in bed. Barry said, “Yes.”

SA Grusing asked where Barry was when he heard her. He said, “I was going from the bathroom to the kitchen just ’cause I get ready in the bathroom.”

Barry was asked the last time he saw or heard Suzanne prior to that, and he said, “Just probably before we went to sleep. After we had sex.” SA Grusing asked what happened before that, and Barry said, “Before that we had dinner.” When asked where he sat, Barry said, “At the bar.”

Barry was asked what he ate and what she ate. He said, “Uh, we split a steak ’cause she never eats a full meal.”

When SA Grusing asked what else he or she ate, Barry said, “I don’t recall.”

(Barry Morphew Interview – April 22, 2021)
SA Grusing went back to the first paragraph on the audit and told Barry that investigators still don’t have from him the last time he saw Suzanne alive and asks Barry what time he would say. SA Grusing explained that investigators are looking for last proof of life because we have a difference of her breathing and then Barry seeing her. Barry said, “Yeah.”

SA Grusing asked when Barry would say he last saw her alive. Barry said, “Well, I would say five o’clock in the morning I seen her in the bed.”

SA Grusing asks Barry what he saw. Barry said, “I mean that’s, I don’t, I just see a lump there, because the light from the bathroom, the light in the rooms not on but bathroom right there lights up a little bit.”81

SA Grusing asks Barry what he sees. Barry said, “I don’t specifically see anything, but I know from peripheral vision walking in and out that she’s laying there- I just know she’s laying there. I’m not saying I looked directly at her … but she, but I specifically, one hundred percent, no doubt in my mind heard her snoring lightly when I left.”

SA Grusing asks if Suzanne normally snores lightly. Barry said, “Sometimes she does, it’s not all the time, but when she’s in a deep, deep sleep, yeah.”

SA Grusing clarifies that it is not an all-out snore, but a light snore.

Barry said, “Yeah, I mean, I mean she does it. I mean she’s done it her whole life, just not every night, but yeah it happens.”

SA Grusing asks about detail. Barry said, “I would say f-, five o’clock in the morning. Thereabouts when I walked out.”

SA Grusing clarifies again that Barry the last thing he hears is Suzanne lightly snoring.

Barry said, “Yep. And there- there is no doubt, one hundred percent that she was in that bed because of that. Like I said I don’t specifically ‘member looking directly at her, but I remember the snoring. One hundred percent, no doubt in my mind.”

The things in Barry's interviews that I find the most chilling are in relation to the last time he saw her. Grusing is a beast at this stuff. Hold on to your hat.
It's remarkable to see it all together like that. To see Barry's account evolve is absolutely damning. I also get a strong impression that Barry has very low emotional intelligence.

I HIGHLY DOUBT that SM’s big sister would have done that. MOO

Huh? Where did you find any reference to SM's big sister in my post? To be clear, I was suggesting BM's older sister. [/QUOTE]

Oops! I mis-read. So sorry! And, in the interest of maintaining harmony in my small community, I will not comment on the correction… MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth