Identified! FL - Tampa, human legs, tatt Sean/Greg/Zach, McKay Bay, Nov'21- Stephanie Crone-Overholts *Arrest*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
The McKay Bay Greenway runs through the area on the east side of McKay Bay and connects to the Tampa Bypass Canal. McKay Bay Nature Park is located at 685 North 34th Street in Tampa.

The area also includes the McKay Bay Resource Recovery Plant, a power plant fueled with refuse.[2] The lake was man-made and was once used as a cooling pond for a city incinerator.

The Lake is undredged and shallow. It is surrounded by mangrove and salt marsh wetlands.

McKay Bay - Wikipedia

Could this be a case like Shirley Cassel's where the person crashed their car into a body of water?
Could very well be. I wish we could get an estimate of how long the leg was in the water. NamUs has 75 MP cases listed for Tampa. The most recent case happened in June 2021 and the MP in the oldest case went missing in 1970. :confused: Neither of the keywords "McKay" nor "Bay" bring up any matches.

f75f8779-7f4d-4770-84ed-dfd3afeec066.jpg

tattoo on leg

More body parts found in McKay Bay near where leg was spotted by fishermen
A spokesperson for the Tampa Police Department confirmed “additional body parts” were found at McKay Bay, near the 22nd Street Causeway Bridge, just before noon on Friday. Witnesses at the scene told WFLA the new body part appears to be another leg.

As of Friday afternoon, police say they have not identified the victim. They did, however, discover a tattoo “just beneath the lower right calf” on the person. The tattoo is of three red hearts with the names Sean, Greg and Zach inside each of them.

More body parts found in McKay Bay near where leg was spotted by fishermen | WFLA

Below is by me:
My opinion is the names in the hearts are the children of the person.

Just speculating on my part....
Since the names Zach, Greg and Sean were popular baby names back in the 1990's. I decided to look at women who would have been late teens /early 20's in the early 90's. Basically any white female in their mid-40's. Perhaps someone living a precarious lifestyle.

Just can't get it out of my head, that she may have been dumped over one of those bridges into the bay by a long haul trucker or something. Hoping I'm wrong...

Could this be a case like Shirley Cassel's where the person crashed their car into a body of water?
Wikipedia says McKay Bay is undredged and shallow. I’m not familiar with this particular area, so their definition of shallow could be different than what I think is shallow. If they put a drone up, I wonder if they could see a vehicle, depending on the depth.

I’m not certain by the word undredged either. It could mean it was a natural wetland or low spot that was eventually used as a retention type pond. If I had to guess, I’d say the bottom is natural muck / silt and sea grasses. A human would sink if they tried to walk thru it.

Have these legs been amputated or have they just come away from a body drifting in the water? Murder or accidental drowning? MOO

A very important question.

I don't know if the images have been touched up or not, but the leg photo does look pretty 'fresh' as bodies tend to decompose fairly quickly in water in hot and humid areas like Florida.
In the right circumstances, bodies can become skeletonized is just a few days.

See the link below for more information of how bodies change in water.
WARNING! - Photos of bodies in various states of decomposition.
Decomposition Changes in Bodies Recovered from Water

A very important question.

I don't know if the images have been touched up or not, but the leg photo does look pretty 'fresh' as bodies tend to decompose fairly quickly in water in hot and humid areas like Florida.
In the right circumstances, bodies can become skeletonized is just a few days.

See the link below for more information of how bodies change in water.
WARNING! - Photos of bodies in various states of decomposition.
Decomposition Changes in Bodies Recovered from Water
Well that was both horrifying and fascinating. :eek:

Definitely seems like they weren't in there all that long.

Have these legs been amputated or have they just come away from a body drifting in the water? Murder or accidental drowning? MOO
That is a key question that has not been made public. I live nearby and it's all over the news, I wish they would give additional information about the condition of the leg and other body part.
IMO the leg looks "fresh." I was quite shocked to see that the picture of the tattoo was the leg when found. It gave me the heebee jeebees.

Wikipedia says McKay Bay is undredged and shallow. ....

I’m not certain by the word undredged either. It could mean it was a natural wetland or low spot that was eventually used as a retention type pond. If I had to guess, I’d say the bottom is natural muck / silt and sea grasses. ....

My updated navionics shows this as 0 to 3 feet in the dark blue and 3 to 6 feet in the lighter blue on the attached screen capture.

Attachments

• McKay Bay Navionics.jpg
    McKay Bay Navionics.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 11
I also think it’s a woman’s leg, because of the tattoo being 3 boys’ (who sre probably now men) names & it looks shaved. The tattoo really struck me as a tattoo a mom would have. Someone out their is missing their momma and this is her leg that was just pulled out of the bay. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back