CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sitting here on a quiet Sunday morning, trying to wrap my head around everything we know, and everything we think we know, and everything we don't know about this bizarre case. Most of us here, I believe, are leaning towards 1 of a few basic ideas as to what happened to Heidi...

1) Her disappearance is related to her job, because she may have known too much about possible shady dealings.
2) The ex is responsible, due to possible ongoing custody/child support issues.
3) Heidi perhaps was going to H+F to get drugs, and something went wrong, resulting in her disappearance.
4) Heidi fled of her own accord, and may be either alive and well, alive and not well, or not alive.

I, at least today, believe that the answer may be 4, with pieces of 1, 2, and 3 all being contributing factors. I think that 1 and 2 were weighing heavily on her at the time, which may have contributed to 3, that may have been a regular, semi-regular, or sometime thing. The comment made by her friend in one of the last interviews, that she and her dog were "known" by some members of staff at H+F certainly seems to support the thought that she had been there a few times at least. Reviews on Yelp suggest that drugs are not uncommon at the high rise, so it is not a reach to think that perhaps that was her reason for going there. All of which brings us to 4. I believe that at the time of her disappearance, this woman who, on the surface, seems very strong and confident, may have been very fragile. We know she allegedly told her bf she was afraid and wished he was there with her. We assumed she was afraid of something else, but maybe she was afraid of herself. Maybe she knew the signals she was seeing in herself, and knew she was on the verge of a meltdown. For that reason, she may have just gotten into her RR and started driving to who knows where, to get away. I hope she checked herself, perhaps with someone's help, into a facility where she can get whatever help she needs to get her life back, because if she didn't, I fear she may have harmed herself and may not be able to get back . JMO
Great synopsis. I'm still leaning towards #1 or #3 or she was involved in her own shady business dealings. I don't think she'd leave her son or dog. She'd been battling ex for many years so that wasn't new.
I do think if she was losing her job and all of its perks she'd be feeling hopeless and may use drugs to cope. I think she was fearful because she'd been threatened and was possibly set up and eliminated. MOO

A business buddy of mine is the RK mentioned in the NY Times regarding Ashley Biden's diary and project veritas. He is a market maker. People get into super shady dealings. I do believe this is what happened to her, she voluntarily disappeared herself. I know what my business associate is going through. I lean towards shady dealings and the stress of that with being close to caught and knowing too much so to speak.

Just sitting here on a quiet Sunday morning, trying to wrap my head around everything we know, and everything we think we know, and everything we don't know about this bizarre case. Most of us here, I believe, are leaning towards 1 of a few basic ideas as to what happened to Heidi...

1) Her disappearance is related to her job, because she may have known too much about possible shady dealings.
3) Heidi perhaps was going to H+F to get drugs, and something went wrong, resulting in her disappearance.
4) Heidi fled of her own accord, and may be either alive and well, alive and not well, or not alive.

I, at least today, believe that the answer may be 4, with pieces of 1, 2, and 3 all being contributing factors. I think that 1 and 2 were weighing heavily on her at the time, which may have contributed to 3, that may have been a regular, semi-regular, or sometime thing. The comment made by her friend in one of the last interviews, that she and her dog were "known" by some members of staff at H+F certainly seems to support the thought that she had been there a few times at least. Reviews on Yelp suggest that drugs are not uncommon at the high rise, so it is not a reach to think that perhaps that was her reason for going there. All of which brings us to 4. I believe that at the time of her disappearance, this woman who, on the surface, seems very strong and confident, may have been very fragile. We know she allegedly told her bf she was afraid and wished he was there with her. We assumed she was afraid of something else, but maybe she was afraid of herself. Maybe she knew the signals she was seeing in herself, and knew she was on the verge of a meltdown. For that reason, she may have just gotten into her RR and started driving to who knows where, to get away. I hope she checked herself, perhaps with someone's help, into a facility where she can get whatever help she needs to get her life back, because if she didn't, I fear she may have harmed herself and may not be able to get back . JMO
Now that you mention it, it sounds similar to a local story here of Dane Elkins. ( theres a thread for him here in Websleuths). His mom said he was suffering from mental health issues and suffering from paranoia His car broke down and he left all personal belongings behind and took off on foot.
I think November will be a year that he’s been missing. His mom thinks he’s just been hitchhiking his way to Oregon, based on sightings from people.
So I guess with HP and all the things we know of what she was going through, anything is possible .
Praying she is found safe and quickly.

People get into super shady dealings. I do believe this is what happened to her, she voluntarily disappeared herself.

If she was going to voluntarily disappear herself, then I don't understand doing it halfway through her son's football game and randomly leaving her dog wandering about.

I think she'd have been more planned about it.

If she was going to voluntarily disappear herself, then I don't understand doing it halfway through her son's football game and randomly leaving her dog wandering about.

I think she'd have been more planned about it.
The dog is what gets to me the most. It doesn't make sense that she would bring him along just to abandon him...I want this to be a voluntary disappearance because it would mean that HP is still alive and well somewhere, but I just don't see it.

It’d be helpful if we knew what Heidi’s typical practice was regarding her dog’s care. Was she the kind of dog-mom that likes to bring him whenever she could? Surely there are times she would not be able to bring him. Where was he kept those times—inside her house? Does her house have an outdoor area she would leave him?

I feel like she may have taken Seven out with her a lot, based on the video in front of her home as she’s leaving for her sons game. She doesn’t need to hold Seven’s leash, as if she knows Seven will stay right by her, and she won’t have to explain or command him to get into the car. Seven knows the routine. (Just my opinion, knowing we are only seeing a snippet of her leaving, and not even the part where Seven gets into the car.)

I'm sitting here on a quiet Sunday morning drinking my coffee and my thinking is entirely aligned with yours. I am also leaning towards 4 brought on by major triggers.

MOO.

Well if you look at the still pics posted earlier in comparison where she is at, the markings are circled in red. She is at the end of the alley coming to parking lot. To the right is the green building with windows, yes possibly lofts and then its the wall attached to green building with murals. (The sun hits you right at that spot).
I think the green building is called the Flower Street lofts.

The dog is what gets to me the most. It doesn't make sense that she would bring him along just to abandon him...I want this to be a voluntary disappearance because it would mean that HP is still alive and well somewhere, but I just don't see it.
Right or her son. What if she left the dog in the care of someone else promising to return and they accidentally let it loose?

Hope & Flowers currently has several apts available to rent/lease. Has it already been mentioned that her former employer, Douglas Elliman is the realtor of these?
Could it be that she still helps them (or an employee of DE)out from time to time for extra $ and shows these apts to potential tenants?

I recently watched Breaking News In Yuba County; I love movies like that.
I keep going back to the “SEC” call. I think even with the official troubles it could be possible that JS and Heidi were being extorted by a scammer thinking they were either fixing the problems or something.
I also maintain that marijuana business still operate mostly cash despite other payment methods coming out, until it is federally legal these businesses will have issues with proper banking. Someone could easily pull records for any licensing or associated businesses and think there is potential to score a large amount of cash not fully understanding their target’s actually relationship to the business.

Someone here mentioned earlier that she could have had it hidden under her sweatshirt/sweater since it's a crossbody. It makes sense to me, especially when walking alleys and fairly quiet DTLA streets, to make it harder for someone to grab.
I don’t think so. It wasn‘t that small.

Hope & Flowers currently has several apts available to rent/lease. Has it already been mentioned that her former employer, Douglas Elliman is the realtor of these?
Could it be that she still helps them (or an employee of DE)out from time to time for extra $ and shows these apts to potential tenants?
Her “buyers agent” role as listed on sites. Does Elliman have a top dollar listing there?
The Penthouse?
If in fact JS suspected her of “siphoning funds” she very well could have been open to new higher risk clients.
MOO

I think LE already knows what happened and that's why we aren't getting any additional info. We may never know.
Right. There is way too many cameras in that entire area not to of captured her arrival & departure. Especially her vehicle. Not to mention the info that is input to purchase the parking ticket through the kiosk.

The last couple of days I was leaning to voluntary disappearance, well not quite voluntary in the sense of purposeful, but rather as a flight reaction to a mental break caused extreme stress.
I'm rethinking that because why would she go to the H&F after the football game. Why not drive off to who knows where immediately after she told her ex "I've gotta go" .

Then again, maybe her anxiety was still building to boiling point until the visit to the apartment building, and whatever happened or frightened her there was the last straw that caused her to be so overwhelmed that she had to flee, whether in a lucid state or not.

As for Seven, I honestly think she would have left him or brought him back to the house, contacted a friend to take care of him (friend who had a key, or leaving the key hidden in some spot outside) had she decided to flee earlier that day. In addition, I'd think she would have contacted her ex to keep BW a few days longer.

IF she did flee from the H&F, I believe it might have been a spontaneous, desperate and sudden decision where nothing mattered other than to escape.

However, if she did flee in her RR a state of psychosis, I would think her driving would have been erratic, causing a police stop or accident and she would have been found. I don't know.
Just thinking aloud. It now seems a bit farfetched, ....but these things do happen (my colleague I spoke about before, Mitrice Richardson, Teleka Patrick, Margot Kidder and her breakdown, etc)

I can't even speculate anymore, ...maybe foul play is involved.

I have so much work and trouble posting here during the day, so frustrating.
But I’m still hung up on the initial Seven the dog message. As it was related by JW, it didn’t sound like a we found and have your dog message. I'll go back to Thread 1 for the links or posted quotes. The message seemed weird, the sequence of events was weird. I haven’t understood why it would require days to find Seven through Microchip if he had already found a message from Seven’s keepers on her phone. Then there was also the statement he made that the keepers had told him when he supposedly did contact them that they didn't want to keep Seven from a 10 year old boy.
On another note, why do Heidi’s friends organizing the search keep referring to the 29th floor?

Her “buyers agent” role as listed on sites. Does Elliman have a top dollar listing there?
The Penthouse?
If in fact JS suspected her of “siphoning funds” she very well could have been open to new higher risk clients.
MOO
The ones Douglas Elliman are showing currently available range from $3k - $23k monthly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme