Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mysterious human leg found in waters
in a Tampa bay suggested possibly belonging to late fugitive Brian Laundrie
A limb was discovered floating near McKay Bay on Thursday. A hiker was reportedly the lucky one who came across the detached body part.

Brian Laundrie Internet Sleuths Believe Mystery Leg Floating In Tampa Waters Belongs To Late Fugitive As Dive Team Searches For More Remains — Radar Online

McKay Bay is over 80 miles from North Port. That seems incredibly unlikely.

Mysterious human leg found in waters
in a Tampa bay suggested possibly belonging to late fugitive Brian Laundrie
A limb was discovered floating near McKay Bay on Thursday. A hiker was reportedly the lucky one who came across the detached body part.

Brian Laundrie Internet Sleuths Believe Mystery Leg Floating In Tampa Waters Belongs To Late Fugitive As Dive Team Searches For More Remains — Radar Online
Not him. Leg has a tat, also Brian's leg would be a skeleton by now.

McKay Bay is over 80 miles from North Port. That seems incredibly unlikely.
Same here. I don't see a leg lasting long in gator waters -- that's the first thought I had along with a <shiver>.
At least the findings may help another family who has a missing son, daughter, parent, sibling, good friend, etc. SMH

I hear you on the salt block.

FWIW, I recall SB saying (in a different and I think earlier interview) ‘he was at home, with his parents’ in reference to the phone convo with BL on the 13th.

Moo for now. But when I have a chance I will look for the quote and post it if I find it.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for @jjonez. While he didn't say exactly say ‘he was at home, with his parents’.. what WAS said could be construed as such. At least to me.

This starts ~8:1o-ish in the AB & SB interview.

AB: But you didn’t have the family unit together to find out how they were coping as a unit. (what was said before isn't important to me, it's how SB responds to this question).

SB: 8:21 – There were a couple of conversations where all 3 members of family, in that household were together, yes.

AB: And what days were those conversation? Because, you know, the mood and the change in what happened in the dynamic of that family is important. What days did you have those conversations where you knew how all 3 of them were feeling at the same time.

SB: I would say Sunday the 12th and Monday the 13th.

Banfield’s 1-on-1 interview with Laundrie family attorney | NewsNation Now

I really want to know about the campsite as well. If he really went away on a solo hike, I do not believe she would have set up a tent to hang out in alone. I believe she would have gone to a place with wifi to work on her project. She would have slept in a locked van instead of a tent at night, alone.

I do not believe she ran into a random killer in that crowded national park that strangled her, right after her longtime boyfriend happened to walk away.

^^^^^
This.

Same here. I don't see a leg lasting long in gator waters -- that's the first thought I had along with a <shiver>.
At least the findings may help another family who has a missing son, daughter, parent, sibling, good friend, etc. SMH

I'm pretty sure that bay is brackish waters and gators don't live in brackish waters. MOO. Katt

I’ve been revisiting the early days of the case.
I submit this September 16 NPPD presser with Garrison for your (RE)viewing pleasure

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438533539742556167

Of special note:

-“the family lawyer (SB) arranged to get us (NPPD) some property that we were looking for”

-“the stuff that we found in the van…this was a van used by both of them, personal belongings and stuff are in there”

thoughts?

He was missing literally everything but part of his skull.

I was under the impression it was more than just part of a skull:

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
·
Oct 21
Getting ready for NewsNation starting at 5pmET.

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
·https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1451239105917067264?s=20
Oct 21
We have learned the remains found in the Carlton Reserve were "skeletal remains."
"Bones."

Last edited:
Think about BL’s behavior in stark contrast to Mollie Tibbett’s boyfriend’s behavior after she went missing. He sounded the alarm when he found out she didn’t show up to work. He drove home. He allowed himself to be questioned by LE even though he was likely to be their first suspect. He was with her family, they worked together to find her. He didn’t slink off and hide with her stuff. He HELPED.

If BL returned from his hike, which apparently no one saw him on, and found her dead why wouldn’t he want police out there ASAP while the evidence was fresh? That would have been the time to prove someone else was there. Other campers could have been questioned. DNA would have been present. There may have been footprints or drag marks or whatever. But we will never know because he chose to hide her death and run away.
"If BL returned from his hike <snip> and found her dead body, why wouldn't he want police there..."

Good question. Under that scenario, I think the obvious answer would be that he *didn't* find her dead body.

I was under the impression it was more than just part of a skull:

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
·
Oct 21

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
·https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1451239105917067264?s=20
Oct 21
We have learned the remains found in the Carlton Reserve were "skeletal remains."
"Bones."

Me too. They did say "bones" and "skeletal remains." Also, they said "decomposing skull," which may or may not equate to "part of a skull." The lower jaw may have been gone - that's a really common bone to go missing early. I am still hopeful there was at least one marrow bone.

I just watched the 29 October episode of 20/20, Life Online: The Last Days of Gabby Petito, and something occurred to me I hadn't considered before.

I wonder if it's possible when they got to Spread Creek, that Brian ended up camping out in the tent on/near the creek bed (where Gabby's body was found) while Gabby slept in the van. Maybe they were still fighting and he wanted some distance (per his claims on Moab videos). At some point during her night alone maybe she got scared and went out to the tent to see if Brian would come back to the van. And the situation deteriorated further.

Has this been hashed over yet? (happy to have this idea picked apart.) TIA

ETA. I know this doesn't change anything. But with him hitchhiking and telling people he'd been camping on his own on the Snake River if he was weaving in bits of the truth.

Last edited:
Overall statistics say that strangers usually do not kill a person at home or where they are sleeping.
https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/vvcs9310.pdf
(see esp. chart 16 near the end)
and that stranger attacks more often involve guns, robbery or some other argument. (the stats end at 2010 so if there is anything more recent, and there are changes, please post)

if not BL, who finds GP in a campsite, not that close to her vehicle, manually strangles her, no robbery involved (?), places her body there. If not BL, do we think some one was stalking her/them? Following the van? I think BL was the only person who even knew where GP was. IMO.
As far as we know, BL is also the only one who robbed her, since he used her bank card/credit card and took her van after she was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member