CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any experience as to how things normally work, however, considering that (a) her mother or other family member has not publicly asked for help in locating her, (b) her ex husband has gone suddenly quiet, and (c) LE has not publicly asked the public for help in locating HP or her car, seems to clearly indicate that LE already knows the answer and are gathering more information to tie all the loose ends and identify who-did-what-when-why. Or am I totally misguided in my assumption?

Hope & Flowers currently has several apts available to rent/lease. Has it already been mentioned that her former employer, Douglas Elliman is the realtor of these?
Could it be that she still helps them (or an employee of DE)out from time to time for extra $ and shows these apts to potential tenants?
That's something I didn't understand. Is DE acting as the leasing agent today? From what I've seen on Yelp reviews and the HF site itself - it looks like they have in-house leasing employees? Maybe they used DE when the building was first opening?

https://hopeflowerdtla.com/schedule-a-tour
LEASING HOURS
Contact us to set up a virtual
or self-guided tour.
Mon - Fri 10am - 7pm
Sat - Sun 10am - 5pm

That's something I didn't understand. Is DE acting as the leasing agent today? From what I've seen on Yelp reviews and the HF site itself - it looks like they have in-house leasing employees? Maybe they used DE when the building was first opening?

Schedule a Tour - Hope + Flower
LEASING HOURS
or self-guided tour.
Mon - Fri 10am - 7pm
Sat - Sun 10am - 5pm
I went on D E website and requested current listings for that address, they currently show 8 available.

The ones Douglas Elliman are showing currently available range from $3k - $23k monthly.
So presenting a client for a high dollar, long empty spot in the sky could bring her a hefty chunk of change as a finders fee. What could go wrong?

Schedule a Tour - Hope + Flower
LEASING HOURS
or self-guided tour.
Mon - Fri 10am - 7pm
Sat - Sun 10am - 5pm
Could be both. They could have DE agents at the leasing office. I just want to note though that DE is HUGE in SoCal. Like you can find agencies everywhere. It’s not that big of a coincidence IMO.

Eta wiki says they employ over 7k agents and 113 offices across the US.

The last couple of days I was leaning to voluntary disappearance, well not quite voluntary in the sense of purposeful, but rather as a flight reaction to a mental break caused extreme stress.
I'm rethinking that because why would she go to the H&F after the football game. Why not drive off to who knows where immediately after she told her ex "I've gotta go" .

Then again, maybe her anxiety was still building to boiling point until the visit to the apartment building, and whatever happened or frightened her there was the last straw that caused her to be so overwhelmed that she had to flee, whether in a lucid state or not.

As for Seven, I honestly think she would have left him or brought him back to the house, contacted a friend to take care of him (friend who had a key, or leaving the key hidden in some spot outside) had she decided to flee earlier that day. In addition, I'd think she would have contacted her ex to keep BW a few days longer.

IF she did flee from the H&F, I believe it might have been a spontaneous, desperate and sudden decision where nothing mattered other than to escape.

However, if she did flee in her RR a state of psychosis, I would think her driving would have been erratic, causing a police stop or accident and she would have been found. I don't know.
Just thinking aloud. It now seems a bit farfetched, ....but these things do happen (my colleague I spoke about before, Mitrice Richardson, Teleka Patrick, Margot Kidder and her breakdown, etc)

I can't even speculate anymore, ...maybe foul play is involved.

BBM This is exactly what I think happened, if she did flee. I do not believe there was any pre-planning involved. I believe if she fled, it was because in some moment, probably while at H+F, possibly even while walking back to her RR, something inside her just snapped. JMO

Last edited:
Right or her son. What if she left the dog in the care of someone else promising to return and they accidentally let it loose?
Well how about this? The keepers sent a message approximately 30 minutes after the ally cam, according to our timeline. JW said it read to the effect “do you miss your dog?”
When they sent that to her phone maybe it was because she had left the dog with them saying she would be right back pr someone left it with them? Maybe they were freaked out when they found out she was missing and didn’t tell JW the real story after he tracked them down by microchip.

Well how about this? The keepers sent a message approximately 30 minutes after the ally cam, according to our timeline. JW said it read to the effect “do you miss your dog?”
When they sent that to her phone maybe it was because she had left the dog with them saying she would be right back pr someone left it with them? Maybe they were freaked out when they found out she was missing and didn’t tell JW the real story after he tracked them down by microchip.
Jim added: “I found its chip number and started tracing it all the way through. They finally told me at the central data place that the dog had been found.

“I said ‘Ok, that means they’re going to be calling or texting Heidi’s phone’.

“I happened to have one of her phones because after we had done the police report I had gotten into her house and taken some of her electronics so I could talk to her friends and family whose numbers I didn’t have.

“Then I found a text message that said ‘Hey, are you missing a dog?’

“I checked the chip and the central data place said the dog had already been found.

“I went to pick up the dog and the couple who had it said they had just found it roaming around on their floor in the hallway.

“They were very, very nice about it and said they didn’t want to take the dog away from a 10-year-old boy. Our son is looking after the dog now.”

New clues revealed in missing mom mystery from odd text to multiple phones

I have so much work and trouble posting here during the day, so frustrating.
But I’m still hung up on the initial Seven the dog message. As it was related by JW, it didn’t sound like a we found and have your dog message. I'll go back to Thread 1 for the links or posted quotes. The message seemed weird, the sequence of events was weird. I haven’t understood why it would require days to find Seven through Microchip if he had already found a message from Seven’s keepers on her phone. Then there was also the statement he made that the keepers had told him when he supposedly did contact them that they didn't want to keep Seven from a 10 year old boy.
On another note, why do Heidi’s friends organizing the search keep referring to the 29th floor?
The Sun is where the dog discovery by JW is detailed the most, but is terribly written, with repeats and not written in an orderly way. IMO.

So, in trying to decipher how it all went down, this is what I’ve come up with:

JW got her phone (that was found at her house) on 10/21 (the day after she was reported missing). He got it with the intention to be able to talk to friends and family whose numbers he didn’t have.

On 10/25 he started to think about how the dog might be microchipped, and that perhaps Heidi can be found that way (thinking Heidi would be with her dog). I’m guessing at this point, he didn’t know about the text msg(s) left on HP’s phone (which seems odd, as you’d think he would go through all her texts available to try and gain info as to her whereabouts. That, I can’t figure out.)

I’m thinking he found the chip info that the dog was found by persons through his own searching through some kind of pet microchip database. (Maybe had found Seven’s vet records at her house with a chip number, and saw a site where you can input it.) THEN he thought to examine all the texts and found the msg from the people holding on to the dog at the H+F apts.

The comment about not keeping the dog from a young boy doesn’t sound too odd to me. What exactly strikes you odd about the statement?I could see JW telling the dog finders how his son loves the dog and will be so happy to get him back, and the finder good naturedly replying something like that with a smile: We’ll, then, we certainly don’t want to keep the dog away from your little boy! Or maybe they said what a good dog Seven has been, and in the days they had him they thought if the owner didn’t come forward they were considering keeping him. MOO

Jim added: “I found its chip number and started tracing it all the way through. They finally told me at the central data place that the dog had been found.

“I happened to have one of her phones because after we had done the police report I had gotten into her house and taken some of her electronics so I could talk to her friends and family whose numbers I didn’t have.

“I checked the chip and the central data place said the dog had already been found.

“I went to pick up the dog and the couple who had it said they had just found it roaming around on their floor in the hallway.

“They were very, very nice about it and said they didn’t want to take the dog away from a 10-year-old boy. Our son is looking after the dog now.”

Yes, I believe it's been shown the reported "do you miss your dog?" text was a bad translation by a foreign news service. It makes much more sense that it would have said "are you missing a dog?"
JMO

Jim said one of the texts received on Heidi’s phone was from a woman who had found Heidi’s dog, who was chipped, and tried to contact Heidi.

Jim said this is how he discovered that Heidi’s dog was found about three hours after she was last seen, on the 28th story of an apartment building in Downtown Los Angeles.
Mystery surrounds disappearance of Los Angeles mother after leaving son’s football game last month

Three hours after she was last seen (at the game)? Back to what time that game started & when halftime began. Of all the things JW has said, the one thing which is important to the timeline he never mentions!!

"Do you miss your dog?" sounds almost threatening.

MOO

ETA: Reading down further, it seems that message may have been different.

I’ve been thinking A lot about this quote “didn’t want to take the dog away from a 10 year old.” How does this fit into the story (meaning under what context does someone say that). Sounds like something someone would say if they knew who the dog belonged to and held onto him—rather than take to humane society —b/c of the boy. If dog finders don’t know who owns the dog, then once JW gets in contact with them, has seen their text to HP & has the dog chip number etc—there is no reason for dog finders to make this statement. Why would dog finders question handing over the dog at that point—regardless of any 10 year old.

Also, just wondering, if you chip your dog—is the finder of the dog given your phone number? Or are they connected by a third party service. I’m not sure—but would be interesting to know if that is how dog finders got HPs number

I’ve been thinking A lot about this quote “didn’t want to take the dog away from a 10 year old.” How does this fit into the story (meaning under what context does someone say that). Sounds like something someone would say if they knew who the dog belonged to and held onto him—rather than take to humane society —b/c of the boy. If dog finders don’t know who owns the dog, then once JW gets in contact with them, has seen their text to HP & has the dog chip number etc—there is no reason for dog finders to make this statement. Why would dog finders question handing over the dog at that point—regardless of any 10 year old.

Also, just wondering, if you chip your dog—is the finder of the dog given your phone number? Or are they connected by a third party service. I’m not sure—but would be interesting to know if that is how dog finders got HPs number
We don't know when the people made that statement but most likely after speaking with JW and realizing he had a 10 year old son. I don't think they knew that before he told them. MOO

I'm beginning to wonder if that is even HP with Seven by Hope and Flower. That video of her walking the dog and the other one of her leaving her house don't match up. Wig? Bad video developing? Maybe. But when did she change clothes?

Initially I felt that she was a victim of a criminal act, however more and more I am leaning to the possibility that she left on her own. Here's why, she clearly was under a great deal of stress from her job and the custody issues with her ex and we don't know if she had any involvement in the issues at her job. We don't know if she was being pressured by the feds to roll over on her boss or if her boss was threatening her to keep quiet, or both. Clearly she had a great deal going on in her life. Is it possible she had decided that she needed to get away? I understand that people say that she would have never left her son or dropped her dog off somewhere. But self preservation is a strong thing and if mentally she was broken it could happen. People have done much worse when pushed to the edge. Then you have L.E. who have offered nothing regarding this case. Is it possible that they already know what happened? Is it possible that they know where she is? I realize this is a lot of speculation, but it would explain some things. Again this is just a theory and MOO.

I'm beginning to wonder if that is even HP with Seven by Hope and Flower. That video of her walking the dog and the other one of her leaving her house don't match up. Wig? Bad video developing? Maybe. But when did she change clothes?
In the video of her leaving her house, she has the sweater tied around her waist. In the video of her in the alley she’s wearing the sweater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie