Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
But potentially was outside the house? it is really hard to know what Barry was shown here

Something I am wondering about is whether her location data (from GPS) synced - so they have this? Not merely tower location?

As we can't see the exhibit, we don't know what was shown, but we know Barry's location is GPS location data - so there is a decent chance they have this for Suzanne?

They have her phone pings. He probably had it with him moving around the house not realizing that it could show him moving from room to room and around the house.

Clearly, he never played Pokemon Go or used a FitBit.

@Scootie98 wrote" "I was just perusing when it was sunset in Colorado on 5/9/20.....7:59pm. I was curious because I wondered if BM was bold enough to move SM before it got dark? My guess is he waited...utilizing night time hunting skills. I'll bet he even had night vision goggles."

Depending on where BM took SM's corpse, he may not have waited, and he may not have needed night vision goggles.

The mountains block direct sunlight well before the sun drops below the horizon. Also, the moon was nearly full on May 9th, 2020 (94% of the surface illuminated). Sunset would not necessarily have afforded him more protection from witnesses, or reduced his ability to dispose of SM without artificial light.

then I would wonder if the pings from both of the phones was being compared?

They almost certainly were, but they might not have always pinged together, again skips and blips, reliable within a few yards. Humanity can't quite get pinpoint accuracy when the phone is 11 miles from the tower and the satellite is 3,000 straight miles up.

This is me being amazed by the things we can do with tech, btw. Not me being annoyed.

Gonna try to clear up what I can.

I've come to think he staged the bike without moving his truck, then went back to the house. He must have known his truck was going to rat him out or he wouldn't have disconnected the battery. So I don't know if he walked the bike up or used the other RR. He might have used his truck, but I think Grusing would have nailed him with the truck stopping on that little bridge, him getting out disappearing for three minutes and the door opening and closing again.

He also had an ATV on property, but I can't come up with any scenario that works in moving a mountain bike on an ATV.

This actually makes a lot of sense to me, as it would explain how he went west to the staging site, without creating telematic data for it.

IMO you can easily move the mountain bike on the ATV.

But this raises a really great point. If he created locational data on his phone westwards towards the mountain bike dumping site, but no matching telematics data on his truck -that is super bad for his supposed version.

Thanks @sk716 - this is super helpful!

They have her phone pings. He probably had it with him moving around the house not realizing that it could show him moving from room to room and around the house.

Clearly, he never played Pokemon Go or used a FitBit.

Do you think they could also have locational GPS data like they have for him?

I realise they have Barry's phone, and not Suzanne's, but if her phone was on and receiving GPS (passive) that means the location of the phone could have been logged quite accurately and synced to the cloud?

Completely agree about fitbit - i use Garmin, but the main tracking is via GPS signal not via the cell tower. So that data could be stuck on her phone - but seeing her phone was on - i am wondering if it got backed up to the cloud? If it did - they could have quite decent location data - like you say - they could map her room to room just like they did with Barry?

I think he threw her phone in the creek, to support his staging and thought better of that idea later, as things evolved. So he went diving for it.

I agree -- her phone got itself in the water. I don't think he relocated it, however. I think he was upset it wasn't found and then became perplexed, wondering if it was recovered by tight-lipped LE, hence his cold water search.

Somehow the phone must've washed downstream, where it remains unfound.

JMO

Picking up on something you all noted.

Suzanne's phone pinged on the network around 4.23 am on the 10th and that is the last time it is ever seen.

As posters have noted, this is obviously bad for BM's version given his original claim to have set an alarm for 4.30 but other data shows he was up about before then.

But what seems especially bad, is we'd need to believe SM had her phone off all afternoon and evening, turned it on at 4.23am, yet was asleep when Barry last saw her, yet never turned it back on again, despite waking up and going cycling.

IMO this is likely pretty conclusive proof that Barry did take the phone with him, and turned it on away from the house (though we can't be sure where). My guess is he took the phone with him and trashed it. Maybe he'd thought he could use it for further staging, then thought better of it. There is a reason it isn't with the helmet IMO

I'm fascinated with crime scene staging, and think he made the classic mistake of blacking out the digital comms, thus revealing the "crime time" when he needed her phone to stay on and active to obscure her time of death
I can't follow the technical things well, but I'm trying to understand.
MG's address (near her home, at her home): would a phone have the same ping like SM's phone at PP had, from the same tower?

I agree -- her phone got itself in the water. I don't think he relocated it, however. I think he was upset it wasn't found and then became perplexed, wondering if it was recovered by tight-lipped LE, hence his cold water search.

Somehow the phone must've washed downstream, where it remains unfound.

JMO

Yeah, he didn't relocate it. It's still there somewhere, downstream, or wedged in rocks.

Wish we could all descend upon Maysville....

Searching for depressions, particularly around newishly planted trees. Searching for areas of overgrowth or decay. Searching for mines with boulders. Searching for animal dens.

Someone's going to have to take the deep dive into the creek in search of the phone.

I wonder what came of the charger.

Looking back, I wonder if anyone with a nearby vehicle happened to notice if the seat or mirrors were out of position.

I think perhaps the only real truth told us that Barry did in fact take Suzanne's bike down from her RR.

JMO

This actually makes a lot of sense to me, as it would explain how he went west to the staging site, without creating telematic data for it.

IMO you can easily move the mountain bike on the ATV.

But this raises a really great point. If he created locational data on his phone westwards towards the mountain bike dumping site, but no matching telematics data on his truck -that is super bad for his supposed version.

Thanks @sk716 - this is super helpful!
He listens to true crime.
What would he do to avoid leaving evidence?
Truss her up as a pack and walk a couple of miles to a place he knew.
Take his clothes and boots off and dispose of them in Denver or highway dumpsters.

Wish we could all descend upon Maysville....

Searching for depressions, particularly around newishly planted trees. Searching for areas of overgrowth or decay. Searching for mines with boulders. Searching for animal dens.

Someone's going to have to take the deep dive into the creek in search of the phone.

I wonder what came of the charger.

Looking back, I wonder if anyone with a nearby vehicle happened to notice if the seat or mirrors were out of position.

I think perhaps the only real truth told us that Barry did in fact take Suzanne's bike down from her RR.

JMO
The charger probably went to Broomfield with a few of Suzanne's clothes like her teal jacket, which he put in the garbage.

He probably took a few showers. There were wet towels all over the floor. He couldn't risk having cadaverine all over himself. Which is probably the reason for so many changes of shirts in a few hours time. What a creep!

He didn't know that cadaverine isn't produced right away. Sch-wing and a miss!

Of course, I think it's partly the Lady Macbeth effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23