Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep !!
When he went looking for that "TURKEY" his daughter supposedly shot
Yep!
I'll say it again...I always felt something weird about those pics of the creek. Just the way they were taken left me with some odd unsettled feeling. Then when we find out that MurderBear's phone pinged there on that last day for Suzanne I was like whoa...
And then, the completely LAME turkey story...wth...that is just the lamest attempt at a lie.
But now it makes sense.
Thanks y'all!

The land around there is already rocky with lots of loose rock and gravel. Barry seems to have kept the whole place tore up with that Bobcat.

The raw footage gives you a good look at the terrain.
We also know that one of the items left at the HIE was a large shovel so it’s not hard to go from leaving some sort of tracks to easily covering them up. Anyone recall if there was also a rake or a similar tool? MG’s info regarding raking things out at the river property leads me to believe that BM could have easily covered his tracks with his landscaping knowledge. IMO

The land around there is already rocky with lots of loose rock and gravel. Barry seems to have kept the whole place tore up with that Bobcat.

The raw footage gives you a good look at the terrain.
We also know that one of the items left at the HIE was a large shovel so it’s not hard to go from leaving some sort of tracks to easily covering them up. Anyone recall if there was also a rake or a similar tool? MG’s info regarding raking things out at the river property leads me to believe that BM could have easily covered his tracks with his landscaping knowledge. IMO
I think he threw her phone in the creek, to support his staging and thought better of that idea later, as things evolved. So he went diving for it.
IMO this would perfectly explain his claims that she got herself in the river, the TD video where BM was soaking wet. Perhaps he staged the phone too and when he couldn’t find/retrieve it he suspected the cops had found it since he couldn’t locate it. We are still not privy to whether they ever found the phone but it looks likely that either they did or they have the necessary info from at least its location. Barry sure seemed interested over the course of interrogation and stated he assumed they found her phone. IMO

Barry just blew my mind. I've gotten to the left turn toward Garfield so I'm getting every line about it in one place.

In the previous thread we had a little sidebar about Barry's tells. I said that one of them was the use of the phrase "100 percent." Because it's one of his tells, if Barry say's 100% he's lying.

SA Grusing clarifies that Suzanne was not with him when he took the left turn to look at the bull elk. Barry said, "No, no. Absolutely not. One hundred percent no." Page 114.

I don't even know what to think now.

Barry just blew my mind. I've gotten to the left turn toward Garfield so I'm getting every line about it in one place.

In the previous thread we had a little sidebar about Barry's tells. I said that one of them was the use of the phrase "100 percent." Because it's one of his tells, if Barry say's 100% he's lying.

SA Grusing clarifies that Suzanne was not with him when he took the left turn to look at the bull elk. Barry said, "No, no. Absolutely not. One hundred percent no." Page 114.

What do you want to bet she was indeed with him? Likely alive but sedated or comatose. IMO
Thankfully Barry will and has already been his undoing. He didn’t kill her on their property or anywhere near. IMO
For whatever reason he seems somewhat concerned as to whether LE found her phone. No mention of her body unless BM was feeling them out. Again LE have more than we know. Fingers crossed.

That's FOUR noes.

Which kind of sounds like yes.

JMO

The site of Barry's full body plant, did we ever determine where that was, in relationship to PP? I think Profiling Evil mapped it. I wonder if that spot is within hiking distance of PP.... it always struck me as a table setting. The sort of place a mountain lion would drag its prey up to (not that I believe mountain lions drag their prey up mountains or drag whole people anywhere). Seems like a place you could, however, lure a hungry mountain lion to.

In any case, I'm still trying to make sense of this: it would seem that, for a reason I can't imagine, someone who handled Suzanne's remain six to twelve hours after death had occasion to stand on the bucket of Barry's Bobcat and sit in the cab. Possibly 3 or 4 in the morning on Mother's Day. Why?

JMO

He listens to true crime.
What would he do to avoid leaving evidence?
Truss her up as a pack and walk a couple of miles to a place he knew.
Take his clothes and boots off and dispose of them in Denver or highway dumpsters.

BIB

I was wondering about this as well, but its a lot of weight to carry on your back?

Yeah, he didn't relocate it. It's still there somewhere, downstream, or wedged in rocks.

I can't reach a conclusion on this, because it depends on the location data which we don't have.

We know he is heading up to the staging site at 3:58AM. I agree with @sk716 that he probably took a different vehicle. We know Suzanne's phone is moving at 4.10AM - so what is the location data Grusing showed Barry? Around the home or further away?

My first thought given it's only a 12min window, is he must have had the phone with him. Then disposes of it at 4.23AM

But maybe he did the deed very quickly and was back already by 4.10AM and then is carrying her phone outside.

Or he might have changed his mind and brought the phone back, turned it off, and then binned it on the trash runs.

The belief the police have the phone does seem odd though.

Just another thought on that - he could hardly speculate they found the phone anywhere else - as that would be incriminating.

I think the tell might be that he was open to the possibility she could have been - but was able to emphatically confirm she wasn't.

The correct response would have been no of course not - i left her home asleep - but he is accessing the memory that he has put her somewhere else and she is gone at that point.

I am no kind of statement analysis type person - more of a writer/script writer

My opinion after many of these cases now, (Pistorius, McStay), is that noob script writer-killers are very very bad at writing dialogue & actions, and tend to advance the narrative via exposition

This is why Suzanne has no actions or dialogue of her own in her supposed last hours

It's also why in this moment, Barry doesn't remain in character properly. he's too busy being the show runner, checking the plot, instead of being in role, where he'd immediately react knowing he drove away from Suzanne who is home in bed. Instead he seems almost relieved - able to confirm she wasn't there, because she was someplace else.

They almost certainly were, but they might not have always pinged together, again skips and blips, reliable within a few yards. Humanity can't quite get pinpoint accuracy when the phone is 11 miles from the tower and the satellite is 3,000 straight miles up.

This is me being amazed by the things we can do with tech, btw. Not me being annoyed.

I am wondering if BM's biggest mistake, is that the phone, with GPS reception, actually does have a reasonable idea of where it is?

We discussed this already but sometimes my Garmin watch, in bad weather conditions, can struggle with GPS such that it might miss my way point by as much as 50 meters (worst I have seen is 100m) but it is still very accurate on the route. But my phone is more accurate because it has a much bigger antenna than a small watch.

Like if BM took the phone to the staging area - that is definitely going to show up in the location data, if accessible in the cloud.

But even if he only moved it around the house, i'd expect it to pickup shifts of 10m or so easily?

Something I have noticed is that inside, and under tree cover the GPS can be harder to acquire.

As far as BM carrying Suzanne, one of his hunting buddies claimed BM could carry an elk for miles out of the woods.

But I think BM, rather than taxing himself, put her in something to take her away from the house. I suspect it may have been one of the missing coolers.

MOO

FYI:

SD pled "not guilty" at her court appearance yesterday (for assault). She requested a jury trial, which will be held in April 2022.

Not sure if I've said this already, but I swear this forum is narrowing down what possibly happened to Suzanne. I am so amazed by the skill and talent we have here at Websleuths. Crowd-sourced intelligence at it's best!

Thank you all.

#JusticeForSuzanne

The site of Barry's full body plant, did we ever determine where that was, in relationship to PP? I think Profiling Evil mapped it. I wonder if that spot is within hiking distance of PP.... it always struck me as a table setting. The sort of place a mountain lion would drag its prey up to (not that I believe mountain lions drag their prey up mountains or drag whole people anywhere). Seems like a place you could, however, lure a hungry mountain lion to.

In any case, I'm still trying to make sense of this: it would seem that, for a reason I can't imagine, someone who handled Suzanne's remain six to twelve hours after death had occasion to stand on the bucket of Barry's Bobcat and sit in the cab. Possibly 3 or 4 in the morning on Mother's Day. Why?

JMO

IIRC, we talked about the location being in Crested Butte, which is quite a distance from PP. AM later said the site was near a river, and not actually a bluff. I thought PE did locate the site during the search, but I’ve sifted through their story map on arcgis as best as I could and found nothing to confirm. That said, my iPad does not play nicely with the arcgis platform. Maybe someone can check it out. Suzanne Moorman Morphew .Barry Bound Over for Trial

Here is the photo. https://i.imgur.com/PBN3Wa2_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

What do you want to bet she was indeed with him? Likely alive but sedated or comatose. IMO
Thankfully Barry will and has already been his undoing. He didn’t kill her on their property or anywhere near. IMO
For whatever reason he seems somewhat concerned as to whether LE found her phone. No mention of her body unless BM was feeling them out. Again LE have more than we know. Fingers crossed.

I believe she was long dead when he took the left toward Garfield, no question for me. Only one dart was missing from the pack and we have a pretty good idea of when he used it. Had he loaded the dart for deer as he usually did, that dose would have depressed her ability to breathe within minutes. Even the FBI is pretty sure she was dead before 4pm on the 9th.

Supposing for a moment that he somehow kept her alive but incapacitated for what 14 hours with only the one dart. How? Barry's crafty, I'll give that to him, but he's too hot tempered to hold a prisoner, the moment she came out of it and called him Shirley it would have been all over and there would have been blood. Even he knows he couldn't have managed that.

100lbs
Don't lnow.

Volunteer firefighter. He could have easily thrown a dead/unconscious Suzanne over his shoulder and carried her up any number of trails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502