Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is important not to draw any particular conclusions about FM’s descriptions and demeanour. We really have no idea of the person she is. And we also cannot be certain as to how we would act in a similar scenario, let alone somebody we do not know who has a completely different background and history to ourselves. She may actually have been a fabulously organised mother. Or she may have felt the need to portray such an image.. lots of parents do (just look at all the unrealistic portrayals of family life on social media!), but it doesn’t necessarily mean anything sinister. IMO

I agree with you. It still fits within normal behaviour to me. Some mums just always talk like this, whereas I'm rather self deprecating and openly discuss my parenting fails.

One friend of mine is the perfect mother. She is super organised, makes story boards, photo books, very dedicated, instaperfect type. She is lovely but she only ever self promotes. But as she's a super close friend I know how deeply insecure she is and I suspect that's why my friend self promotes like she does.

I imagine it wouldn't be uncommon for a FM to feel insecure and perhaps over compensate.

Just thinking about CS' case in WA. CS' mum did nothing right (to some people).
How could a person enter the tent and no-one heard?
How could she go searching, she should have been waiting at the tent for CS to return?
Did CS even go on the camping trip?
Maybe the parents were drunk, drug-affected?
Maybe they left the kids alone and went off night fishing and don't want to tell anyone?
My child would have done this, my child would have done that.

CS's case is a perfect example of the conclusions people leap to.

People who can read body language and deception never thought she could be involved at all. She was clearly exceptionally honest in her interviews.

My understanding is that they are looking for fluids or removal of such. If William fell from the balcony and was moved to FGM car in the driveway to transport it, there may be blood, or soil dug up to remove evidence of.

Did you read the article that I was responding to?

Ground penetrating radar being used on 'a' driveway.

Ground penetration radar (GPR) is most commonly used for locating buried objects such as tanks, pipes, and drums, as well as shallow unexploded ordnance (UXO). It can also be used to map the depth of a shallow water table, identify soil horizons and the bedrock subsurface, and demarcate trench boundaries.
Ground Penetrating Radar

My personal preference when interacting here on WS is to try and consider all possibilities no matter how far fetched (I would have thought the outcome in CS's case to be a far fetched scenario!).

At this moment in time, there is the scenario that LE and media are putting out there that the FF may be POIs. Which is an incredible possibility because it means FF have fooled many people for many years. And fooled people who are intelligent and experienced and trained in picking up any discrepancies- detectives, journalists, social workers.

The other possible scenario is that someone/s are unduly influencing the sister to accuse the FPs of involvement in WTs disappearance and accuse them of an assault? But I would assume LE would see right through that?

A victim no longer has to press charges. Its up to the police, even if the victim is unwilling. Its to take the onus off the victim. If the police suspect something they can press charges. Regardless of what story the victim is telling. Obviously the police take this into account and if the believe it or not. But this charge may not necessarily be from what the daughter is saying. She may be corroborating the parents. We just do not know. Itll be interesting I think once the outcome of the charge is published.

I'm interested in understanding whether she backed up the FFC story about the events of the morning? They were together at the time of the disappearance by my understanding, and had been for a while.
Yes, the FGM said that WT was playing dice and got bored with that game and started to play the tiger game. After a while the FFC said to FGM that she couldn't hear WT. It was in her police statement according to Leah Harris podcast.

I agree with you. It still fits within normal behaviour to me. Some mums just always talk like this, whereas I'm rather self deprecating and openly discuss my parenting fails.

One friend of mine is the perfect mother. She is super organised, makes story boards, photo books, very dedicated, instaperfect type. She is lovely but she only ever self promotes. But as she's a super close friend I know how deeply insecure she is and I suspect that's why my friend self promotes like she does.

I imagine it wouldn't be uncommon for a FM to feel insecure and perhaps over compensate.

Sure, but the difference between this situation and you and your friend is that you haven't had a child disappear whilst in your care.
It's unusual to be trying to craft an image of perfection when your child is missing.

Can confirm bruises are pretty normal and range from child to child. One may be prone to bruising. The drs would know what caused what type of bruising though. I would have thought if this recent bruising was from a horse accident, a report would have been filed (accident report at an establisment)
If it wasnt at an establishment- Info on who was there, gps, phone ping etc.
But how such a thing would lead to spcifically and AVO against 2 people is just bizarre.
Yes, bruises are normal for children, of course. The initial question was referring to bruising during the ‘learning to walk’ stage ie they can’t yet walk and are learning to walk; not the ‘running around and climbing’ stage, which of course results in scratches and bruises.

When my children were just learning to walk, they obviously couldn’t run so they weren’t falling at speed. I can imagine they could’ve run into the corner of a table and hurt themselves, but I would have described any subsequent bruising as caused by running into something while learning to walk, not just ‘learning to walk’. Maybe that’s just me, but I would tend to be precise rather than vague.

Just thinking about CS' case in WA. CS' mum did nothing right (to some people).
How could a person enter the tent and no-one heard?
How could she go searching, she should have been waiting at the tent for CS to return?
Did CS even go on the camping trip?
Maybe the parents were drunk, drug-affected?
Maybe they left the kids alone and went off night fishing and don't want to tell anyone?
My child would have done this, my child would have done that.

CS's case is a perfect example of the conclusions people leap to.

Even after everything, some people on SM still think the parents are involved in some way. You just can't win with judgmental people.:rolleyes:

Ground penetration radar (GPR) is most commonly used for locating buried objects such as tanks, pipes, and drums, as well as shallow unexploded ordnance (UXO). It can also be used to map the depth of a shallow water table, identify soil horizons and the bedrock subsurface, and demarcate trench boundaries.
Ground Penetrating Radar

Ground Penetrating Radar

Yes. That's not a quote from police about what they're looking for, that's a journalist stating how it's commonly used. I understand the gist of using GPR is to check for soil disruption (as small as say, soil being hosed excessively per above comment by pinkpanther, up to a large object being placed in the ground and covered).

Given what we know of their theory (balcony fall) and that the police presence at the property the morning after the FP arrived, it's unlikely they wouldn't have noticed something buried under the driveway that morning or thereafter. IMO.

My personal preference when interacting here on WS is to try and consider all possibilities no matter how far fetched (I would have thought the outcome in CS's case to be a far fetched scenario!).

At this moment in time, there is the scenario that LE and media are putting out there that the FF may be POIs. Which is an incredible possibility because it means FF have fooled many people for many years. And fooled people who are intelligent and experienced and trained in picking up any discrepancies- detectives, journalists, social workers.

The other possible scenario is that someone/s are unduly influencing the sister to accuse the FPs of involvement in WTs disappearance and accuse them of an assault? But I would assume LE would see right through that?
Maybe they didnt fool as many people as you think.

I worked in child protection for many years
Not once did a child under 14 make up a story of abuse!

Of course it's not a good sign for them. I am just trying to slow my roll a bit because I remember what happened to BS. We went at him full force and many were convinced he was the abductor.

I am still on the fence about this new info because some of it seems off, imo. With the little I have seen so far I am not convinced. If the older sister have valuable insights and memories, that would be very convincing. Waiting to hear more....
yes exactly!

At the time of his accusations the children must be believed at all cost...
never doubt the children....

Seems the same rules don't appy to all children ...hey.:confused:

moo

Yes, the FGM said that WT was playing dice and got bored with that game and started to play the tiger game. After a while the FFC said to FGM that she couldn't hear WT. It was in her police statement according to Leah Harris podcast.

Thanks, yes i remember that part. If FFC story was backed up by FGM, there is no way FFC would have time to hide a body before police were called. Unless the times quoted are not true. Thoughts?

Thanks, yes i remember that part. If FFC story was backed up by FGM, there is no way FFC would have time to hide a body before police were called. Unless the times quoted are not true. Thoughts?
Issues around time of the last photo are concerning (created vs corrected time and who is William looking at if everyone present is in the photo or taking the photo, plus no dappled light for that late in the morning).

Issues around time of the last photo are concerning (created vs corrected time and who is William looking at if everyone present is in the photo or taking the photo, plus no dappled light for that late in the morning).
Interesting. But again, two people were definitely there. Did the FGM version of events match the FFC version of events in relation to the timing? Was the FGM ever interviewed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member