Found Safe KY - AC 16, & Noah 3, w/uncle Jacob Clare, Beaver Dam, car fnd in CA, 5/6 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

I'm gonna be real honest, that's a little concerning since every night around 11 I hear the Texas Eagle go by.

But to me that says they could have gotten on Amtrak just about anywhere but drove to the beaches in San Clemente on purpose. If he left the MREs, he didn't think he was going to need them so he had to have been on the last leg of his trip.

ETA: Just in case MRE stands for Meals Ready to Eat. It's what the military eats when they're being punished. Cold field rations. They used to all be pretty horrible but I've been told one or two are almost edible these days.
Some of the newer MREs aren't bad if you're really hungry, but I can't imagine that a 3-year-old and a 16-year-old would be very pleased with them! I worry the most about Noah...he's way too young to be forced into survivalist mode by an unstable father. JC's FB profile says he's from Alaska...I don't know if that has been verified or not, but it seems reasonable to think he would head north. Although that could just be another attempt at throwing LE off his trail, I guess. I just really hope they aren't in Mexico.

Passenger ID on Amtrak
Theoretically you have to show ID if you're asked to, but I went from Philly to Chicago without being asked.
I used to take the train from OC to LA daily. I had a pass, but they did have police with dogs on fairy regularly so again, another risky move to rely on a train IMO. I feel like he was trying to catch a ride or just walk and camp. I really don’t know. Maybe he has someone here helping.

Early on in this thread a poster noted that a lot of his accounts end in "925" which could be the area code. Was there anything found linking him to the Bay Area? Although his car was found a long way from the Bay Area, it could be of note that he ended up in California.

Those photos of them are taken on El Camino Real adjacent to the North Beach parking lot. North Beach is where you can catch a train to north San Diego and then transfer to another to head even further south into San Diego. Or they could have walked another mile south along the beach trail and there is another train access. That train that stops there would take them further south into San Diego. Both have kiosks where you buy your tickets. He is definitely wearing long sleeves to cover his tattoo because November 11th was unseasonably hot in San Clemente, even at night when those photos were captured. If they didn't catch a train they could walk down the beach trail to numerous campgrounds and wilderness with a lot of spots to get lost. I heard that the police have been searching the camping areas to the south of San Clemente.

Also thought I would mention that Camp Pendleton is directly south of San Clemente so there aren't roads you can walk on to get to San Diego from here. Your options are to walk along the 5 freeway (you would be very noticeable and more than likely stopped by police, especially walking with a young child) or travel on the military base (which would require a military ID or special permission which is very difficult to get.) I would venture to guess it would be next to impossible for them to sneak on base and travel the 20+ miles on base undetected.) If they are in San Diego or Mexico they would have had to have gotten a ride from here to there (and I would expect that the person who did so would have seen the explosion of publicity about this case that there is in southern California over the past 24 hours and contacted LE) or taken the train.

Attachments

• BE162C75-398D-443D-B610-6D2DAB6F775D.png
    BE162C75-398D-443D-B610-6D2DAB6F775D.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 71
  • EAD08792-35D8-43B3-9CF5-C5AFDCD86A45.png
    EAD08792-35D8-43B3-9CF5-C5AFDCD86A45.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 51B6FB4D-306A-4E56-9DFE-B746290F1FE3.jpeg
    51B6FB4D-306A-4E56-9DFE-B746290F1FE3.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
NOV 17, 2021
FBI, OCS, both involved in search for missing boy (newschannel5.com)
[...]

According to Los Angeles CBS affiliate KCBS, the Orange County Sheriff's Office conducted a search by helicopter near Interstate 5.

The FBI also confirmed its involvement in the case since it has crossed state lines.

[...]

The TBI isn't ruling out any options of where the trio may be. That includes the possibility that they could've gone to Mexico, which is just about an hour south of San Clemente.

Journalists from CBS Los Angeles said getting into the country wouldn't be difficult as agents at the border crossing don't always check for IDs.

[...]

Also thought I would mention that Camp Pendleton is directly south of San Clemente so there aren't roads you can walk on to get to San Diego from here. Your options are to walk along the 5 freeway (you would be very noticeable and more than likely stopped by police, especially walking with a young child) or travel on the military base (which would require a military ID or special permission which is very difficult to get.) I would venture to guess it would be next to impossible for them to sneak on base and travel the 20+ miles on base undetected.) If they are in San Diego or Mexico they would have had to have gotten a ride from here to there (and I would expect that the person who did so would have seen the explosion of publicity about this case that there is in southern California over the past 24 hours and contacted LE) or taken the train.
Thanks for the local insights! They are very helpful.
Are there any trailheads to any major trails near San Clemente? It sounds like his only way south would be by getting a ride, bus or train.

NOV 17, 2021
FBI, OCS, both involved in search for missing boy (newschannel5.com)
[...]

According to Los Angeles CBS affiliate KCBS, the Orange County Sheriff's Office conducted a search by helicopter near Interstate 5.

The FBI also confirmed its involvement in the case since it has crossed state lines.

[...]

The TBI isn't ruling out any options of where the trio may be. That includes the possibility that they could've gone to Mexico, which is just about an hour south of San Clemente.

Journalists from CBS Los Angeles said getting into the country wouldn't be difficult as agents at the border crossing don't always check for IDs.

[...]
It’s about time the FBI is involved. Where have they been all week? Very frustrating how LE have handled this from the beginning.

NOV 17, 2021
'Evidence of him grooming her' | Mother asks for help in search for missing teen daughter and 3-year-old nephew after vehicle found in California | cbs8.com
[...]

"We had broke contact between Jake and A back in June for text messages we found that were not appropriate," said JB.

JB has five children. One of her other daughters showed JB the messages A and Jacob were sending each other through social media.

"He was not allowed around our children anymore," JB said. "He was not welcome at our house. [We were] trying to tell him if you try to talk to our kids we will call the cops on you."

[...]

... JB said in looking at pictures of the vehicle she saw a brown Carhartt hat she had bought for her daughter.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if LE is keeping this low key because they are concerned about how volatile he may be and don't want to push him over the edge.

So very worried for these two kids.
I think local LE and the TBI dropped the ball on this one. They didn’t take the mothers’ concern seriously from the beginning. They still haven’t released an Amber Alert for Amber.

Ugh. I'm so sick of cases like these. Our family courts and LE need to do better on MANY levels. The handling of this case kind of makes me worry about how Summer Wells' case has been handled. I hope these kids are returned soon. I'm glad that they were spotted alive, that does give me some hope that they are still relatively ok.

I think local LE and the TBI dropped the ball on this one. They didn’t take the mothers’ concern seriously from the beginning. They still haven’t released an Amber Alert for A.

I think a big part of the issue is that A changes the equation considerably. There are custody disputes/issues daily, this is not at all new for law enforcement. And for the most part, this is a civil issue, not criminal and LE doesn't have jurisdiction. (This varies but is a generality.) And even if a parent scheduled to return a child and is overdue, parent not responding, this is most often not an Amber Alert kidnapping scenario. So if A was not part of the equation, I could see LE's response being typical here. However, she was part of the equation before Noah was even overdue. Regardless of jurisdiction, that should have raised huge red flags, and even if they felt they had to wait for the return time, they could have hit the ground running right at the 6pm Sunday deadline when he still wasn't home and JC still couldn't be reached and A was still missing. And as I've said before, it's frustrating to me that ALL of the LE posts aren't including both CHILDREN. Because a groomed 16yo with her biological uncle and evidence of an inappropriate relationship who is missing is still a child!!!

I don't think we will see any more Amber Alerts. They require a vehicle, which we no longer have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the local insights! They are very helpful.
Are there any trailheads to any major trails near San Clemente? It sounds like his only way south would be by getting a ride, bus or train.
BBM
There are numerous trails and hiking paths in San Clemente and to the south of us here (north of Pendleton) but that open space turns into the military base the further south you go, which is a physical barrier between Orange County and San Diego County. That open space is mostly military land that they have open to the public to use, which includes numerous camping locations and protected wildlife space (and some of the best and infamous surf breaks in the Nation, if not the world. ) I believe those camping locations and open space, where several homeless encampments are, as well, has been searched by LE over the past two days.

The base is huge, dissected by the 5 freeway which runs approximately 20 miles straight through it along the coast with military land on both sides of the freeway. I have seen people walking along the freeway and also riding bicycles along the freeway in this area. If these individuals were walking hundreds of people would have seen them and they would have had to walk directly through a border patrol check point to the south of San Clemente (with a heavy police presence.)

The only way around the base to get to San Diego is in a vehicle down the 5 freeway, on a train down the coast, on a boat (which I find highly unlikely) or going all the way around the base up and over Ortega Highway and down the 15 freeway on the other side. While there are hiking spots off of Ortega Highway you can't hike through to the 15. It would be extremely dangerous (very rocky, treacherous mountanous terrain ) and you would have to walk along the road which is extremely narrow, windy and dangerous (I know people who refuse to drive Ortega because of how windy and unnerving it can be to do so, even in a vehicle.) They would have been spotted walking the road. Just to get to Ortega from where they were at the Outlets they would have been very conspicuous with a child and all of that gear. Hundreds of people would have seen them and I am sure people would be all over the local FB pages talking about it (we are kind of considered a "small town" in this area of Southern California.) HTH

I wonder if LE is keeping this low key because they are concerned about how volatile he may be and don't want to push him over the edge.

So very worried for these two kids.
BBM
I have heard it mentioned that perhaps LE has reason to believe he is checking online for updates on the search and therefor they don't want to put too much information out there about where they are searching and what information they have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back