AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know what questions they were asked. I can use my imagination and come up with questions, but we do not know the actual list of questions they were asked on the lie detector test. So, unless the real list of questions has been released, we don't know what they passed.

This makes a difference to me because i really don't think they know where SW is, so i am not surprised if they passed that. This is the one question i feel pretty certain they would have been asked.

When they took these tests, the woods were being heavily searched. Just to put into context what was happening in the investigation that we could see.

I am not saying they're guilty of anything, but lie detector tests need context.

This is just my opinion, but it has more to do with lie detector tests as a tool.

I am glad to hear they passed, however.

New episodes of TIR are not permitted. We have grandfathered in episodes posted and discussed prior to 10/2/2021.

Should the situation change at some point, we will make a post in regards to that determination.

Thanks for checking.
Not that anything new was revealed in it but News Nation (which is currently approved) interviewed Chris Mc from TIR. Would that video be approved or not approved? It's getting awfully complicated.

I agree. We are taking someone's word (not law enforcement) as to whether lie detector tests were taken, let alone passed. People can say whatever they want to the press. IMO.
Well, that's true. I thought the sheriff said it directly, but he told a reporter who told another reporter (on camera). I am not saying that the reporter is lying, i am just saying that isn't hearing it directly from LE...

I don't know if it matters though, but i only partly believe in lie detector tests... So, jmo imo moo

Eta: excuse me if the sheriff did personally say this somewhere...

Not that anything new was revealed in it but News Nation (which is currently approved) interviewed Chris Mc from TIR. Would that video be approved or not approved? It's getting awfully complicated.

I understand the confusion. Yes, News Nation is approved. It is the actual channel TIR and its content that is not currently approved.

Hope that helps @MsMarple

I posted it yesterday and it hasn't been removed. As it was from an MSM source I just assumed it would be ok...

Ted Bundy Passed one, Gary Ridgway passed two with flying colors, and then there's Shane Carey who failed one.
Ted Bundy and Gary Ridgway was/is hardened, psychopathic criminals (some of the worst in this country's history) who kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered over 100 women combined. Seems to me that inserting them into this discussion is disingenuous. IMO What do they have to do with Summer? Or her grieving parents?

When someone's child goes missing and then later the remaining children in the home are placed into state custody, IMO, it could be for two reasons.
One, the home isn't safe because LE has suspicions of someone living within the home which haven't been made public yet.
OR the home was a safe place in the beginning but chaos erupted after a family member went missing. Family members were too distraught to care for the remaining children.
I can see either scenario and it's just guesswork determining which one applies in this case. IMO.

When someone's child goes missing and then later the remaining children in the home are placed into state custody, IMO, it could be for two reasons.
One, the home isn't safe because LE has suspicions of someone living within the home which haven't been made public yet.
OR the home was a safe place in the beginning but chaos erupted after a family member went missing. Family members were too distraught to care for the remaining children.
I can see either scenario and it's just guesswork determining which one applies in this case. IMO.
DW has said CPS has been involved with them before Summer went missing.

Ted Bundy and Gary Ridgway was/is hardened, psychopathic criminals (some of the worst in this country's history) who kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered over 100 women combined. Seems to me that inserting them into this discussion is disingenuous. IMO What do they have to do with Summer? Or her grieving parents?
It's shows why polygraphs are not really reliable,and why they are not used for very good reason in courts of law.

DW has said CPS has been involved with them before Summer went missing.

Good to know. If the prior dealings with CPS had nothing to do with her disappearance, it will be very hard for the family to get past that and have LE focus on a possible stranger abduction instead of them. IMO.

It's shows why polygraphs are not really reliable,and why they are not used for very good reason in courts of law.
I accept Sheriff Lawson's statement. That's what we've all been waiting for, right? A little late (like 5 months late), but now it's official. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of posts in this thread stating that nothing can be accepted as fact that hasn't been confirmed by LE. No we have official confirmation.
MOO

Last edited:
New episodes of TIR are not permitted. We have grandfathered in episodes posted and discussed prior to 10/2/2021.

Should the situation change at some point, we will make a post in regards to that determination.

Thanks for checking.
Thank you for clearing that up. Now let's focus on what DW told TIR,and then what he told The behavior panel. All of which comes directly from the horses mouth. All of it. MOO

I accept Sheriff Lawson's statement. That's what we've all been waiting for, right? A little late (like 5 months late), but now it's official. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of posts in this thread stating that nothing can be accepted as fact that hasn't been confirmed by LE. No we have official confirmation.
MOO
But LE has said that nobody has been ruled out.

What I can see of the boys in the early reports, they look healthy and clean. This is the biggest and most important thing to me. In photos, Summer looks healthy, happy, and as clean as you can keep a 5yo. The house is kind of ... different. It looks to me that Don is building as he goes, which has created some fascinating choices. I think I saw somewhere that they have gotten stairs put in down to the basement now instead of slipping into a crawlspace. I can see CPS being SUPER pissed off about a lack of stairs.

I'm not saying the Wells' are good parents, I'm not saying they're bad parents, I'm just saying aside from Don's construction creativity, I haven't seen much difference in the Wells' to many other people of similar socio-economic status.

DCS was dealing with the Wells family prior to SW going missing, but we really don't know exactly what prompted the removal of the boys. Such as, if SW had not gone missing, would the boys still be there? Would SW?

DW said the stress of the situation was causing the boys to fight (idk if he meant physically or just arguing, i got the impression it was arguing but they're kids) with each other. This is shortly after SW went missing, he said this in a TV interview.

I don't think online people or nosy people snooping exactly helped the homelife of this family, but i doubt the boys were taken over only that.

I hope the boys are doing okay.

If they go home, there will be a hearing before it (i'm pretty sure, because custody change). I think it is possible they will go home eventually (jmo, obviously, i don't know everything about this family).

I hope they get to spend a little time with their family for Thanksgiving, if that's appropriate.

I haven't seen much difference in the Wells' to many other people of similar socio-economic status.

I'd have to see the place in person to make that judgment call, in particular the state of the bathroom, the sheets on the beds, etc. The poorest of the poor can still keep a clean sink and toilet.

MOO

Whether the statement came from LE or not, it still doesn't matter much, for 2 reasons.

1. LE has also stated that so far, no one, and that includes the parents, has been ruled out.
2. Polygraph tests can adequately measure anxiety, but they cannot accurately measure honesty v. deception so that aspect, is pointless.

I'm not saying either of Summer's parents are lying, but I can say, if someone lies all the time, the practice is quite natural to them, effortless really, and despite the circumstances, the polygraph won't even register anxiety about the kinds of questions being asked, that may be met with dishonest answers.

Honestly, I wish LE would just announce the parents are cleared. If they can.

Poor Summer :(

@Ontario Mom , lie detector tests also have a hard time measuring anything if a person is very anxious or upset. CB said she had to try twice because the first time she was crying too much. Which is very sad and i think anyone would cry in her place. So, i am talking about the test more than the test taker here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong