Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some fresh visual aids today and boy are they damning.

I went through all of the Zillow pics, compared to aerial photography, and used the slab info from Chaffee County. I'm not saying everything is 100% accurate, but it's as close as I can manage without physically being on the property.

I'm calling this one Puma Path #1. It shows the room and door layouts, small green rectangles are exterior doors. The red block is the location of the master bed. The smaller red spot near it is the bedroom door. I didn't put in the closet doors, but I probably should have. There is one on either side of the little hallway into the master bath. Another what I think is a closet door is on the green wall I drew going from the great room to the master bath, it's close to the front door and is probably the closet where the gun and brownish smudge was.
View attachment 322735

This is Puma Path #2
Barry's chipmunk chase over the easy to see interior doors.
View attachment 322737

And finally, Puma Path #3 which speaks for itself.
View attachment 322738
Thank you for doing this. Excellent work, and much appreciated. The visual is, in a word- Chilling.

Early on and prior to the AA being released, I had hoped Suzanne didn’t know/see what was coming, that she didn’t stare at evil as she took her last breath. Since learning what we have about what went down when BM arrived home on 5/9/20 at 2:44pm, the thought of Suzanne being hunted and trapped, scared for her life knowing what was about to happen, is almost too much to think about/bear. Poor Suzanne, her last moments on this earth and what she saw-evil, had to be absolutely terrifying. :(:(:(
Horrible.

6 months and counting….

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Made some fresh visual aids today and boy are they damning.

I went through all of the Zillow pics, compared to aerial photography, and used the slab info from Chaffee County. I'm not saying everything is 100% accurate, but it's as close as I can manage without physically being on the property.

I'm calling this one Puma Path #1. It shows the room and door layouts, small green rectangles are exterior doors. The red block is the location of the master bed. The smaller red spot near it is the bedroom door. I didn't put in the closet doors, but I probably should have. There is one on either side of the little hallway into the master bath. Another what I think is a closet door is on the green wall I drew going from the great room to the master bath, it's close to the front door and is probably the closet where the gun and brownish smudge was.
View attachment 322735

This is Puma Path #2
Barry's chipmunk chase over the easy to see interior doors.
View attachment 322737

And finally, Puma Path #3 which speaks for itself.
View attachment 322738

This is BRILLIANT!!! Thank you for your tireless efforts in figuring this all out. You rock, sir.

I had a thought. How did Barry and SD meet at a dumpster in October 2020, if Barry was already living in Poncha Springs? Wasn't his excuse, for throwing trash away at various garbage stops on his way to Broomfield, that he was a "tightwad" and not paying to use the trash at PP, even when he lived there? Surely, he wouldn't be paying any extra fees for trash pick-up at a place he no longer resided.

Lies.

Pg. 63

Barry said, “I, I, I told to Joe and Derek everything. And Joe’s like, ‘Well why are you going to five different trash cans and throwing all kinds of crap away?’ And I said, ‘I, I’ve done that my whole entire life.’ My truck is a mess. I go, I throw things away here and there, cause I’m a tightwad and I don’t want to pay for trash pickup or this or that or I had time – that day I was, I was going to, umm, have more time, spend more time on that wall that day, but when I got to it and realized, that, my workers were going to come and I could just have them do this stuff- and I had time on my hands.”57

This is BRILLIANT!!! Thank you for your tireless efforts in figuring this all out. You rock, sir.

I had a thought. How did Barry and SD meet at a dumpster in October 2020, if Barry was already living in Poncha Springs? Wasn't his excuse, for throwing trash away at various garbage stops on his way to Broomfield, that he was a "tightwad" and not paying to use the trash at PP, even when he lived there? Surely, he wouldn't be paying any extra fees for trash pick-up at a place he no longer resided.

Lies.

Pg. 63

Barry said, “I, I, I told to Joe and Derek everything. And Joe’s like, ‘Well why are you going to five different trash cans and throwing all kinds of crap away?’ And I said, ‘I, I’ve done that my whole entire life.’ My truck is a mess. I go, I throw things away here and there, cause I’m a tightwad and I don’t want to pay for trash pickup or this or that or I had time – that day I was, I was going to, umm, have more time, spend more time on that wall that day, but when I got to it and realized, that, my workers were going to come and I could just have them do this stuff- and I had time on my hands.”57
It was alluded to earlier, and correctly, that whenever BM invokes "100%" he's lying. I would add whenever he invokes "my whole life" or "her whole life"...that too is when he is lying.

Lies.

Pg. 63

Tightwad?
He seems like an addict, manic and constantly illogical

Lies.

Pg. 63

Referencing his own words:

He was going to work on the wall, he called MG to gather extra workers, "but when I got to it, I realized that my workers were going to come and I could just have them do this stuff -- and I had time on my hands."

People, he expected his daughters to return early... it was Mother's Day, with both girls home.

Barry, whatwereyawaitinfer?

How'd you know you had time on your hands?

When LE asked him what he was doing all afternoon, he may as well have said, I was waiting for The Call.

Because effectively he said just that.

Busted. By his own mouth.

JMO

There doesn't seem to be mention of this but I wonder if Badry uses the entrances to the hotel intentionally.

If he was aware their were no cameras at the side entry (where he claimed he was trying to sneak in, for the very breakfast that, barring the pandemic, would've been free to him via the front entry being as he was a paid guest), did he leave and re-enter by that door when it suited him and by the front door when it helped his alibi?

In other words, did he think the hotel management thought he was gone all afternoon, arriving about 6 pm, parking front and center, making a point of being seen, hauling in tools, when really he had just left by the side entrance and moved his truck from the side lot to the front?

I wonder if Barry is bummed that his true crime genius isn't celebrated more.

JMO

Can anyone hunt down the “putting out fires” conversation that Barry had with MG? Early on, there was some talk about Barry being at a fire either on Friday or Saturday night. It was proven to be false, and then somewhere, I am positive that I read that it was misinterpreted due to him telling MG he was dealing with something one of the two evenings, not literally putting out a fire, but figuratively. I wish I knew which night that the conversation took place.

He was going to work on the wall, he called MG to gather extra workers, "but when I got to it, I realized that my workers were going to come and I could just have them do this stuff -- and I had time on my hands."

People, he expected his daughters to return early... it was Mother's Day, with both girls home.

When LE asked him what he was doing all afternoon, he may as well have said, I was waiting for The Call.

JMO
This is a very astute observation....sharpening the lens of truth.

There doesn't seem to be mention of this but I wonder if Badry uses the entrances to the hotel intentionally.

If he was aware their were no cameras at the side entry (where he claimed he was trying to sneak in, for the very breakfast that, barring the pandemic, would've been free to him via the front entry being as he was a paid guest), did he leave and re-enter by that door when it suited him and by the front door when it helped his alibi?

In other words, did he think the hotel management thought he was gone all afternoon, arriving about 6 pm, parking front and center, making a point of being seen, hauling in tools, when really he had just left by the side entrance and moved his truck from the side lot to the front?

JMO
Did we ever figure out exactly when that hotel room was booked?

JMO
Yep...he could "just have them do this stuff" with the couple of garden tools he had in the truck, absent a bobcat?

JMO

He really did. He prompted MM1 to call Suzanne because she was screwing up his timeline.

11:57 am to 12:25 pm, Barry's phone was near the Via Varra work site for the wall, he removed blocks from wall.
11:20 am BM calls SM. No answer
12:06 pm BM calls MM1

He called her from the wall.

JMO

He knew where the cameras were and put on a show for them. He purposefully intended to be on camera at the momemt Suzanne was SUPPOSED to have disappeared. I have to find it in the PH notes, but around 8 am he's lurking around the HIE main doors and says it was something about lurking for a free breakfast. But it was peak COVID lockdown and breakfast buffets were a wrapped danish and an apple.

Can anyone hunt down the “putting out fires” conversation that Barry had with MG? Early on, there was some talk about Barry being at a fire either on Friday or Saturday night. It was proven to be false, and then somewhere, I am positive that I read that it was misinterpreted due to him telling MG he was dealing with something one of the two evenings, not literally putting out a fire, but figuratively. I wish I knew which night that the conversation took place.

I think it was a guy. But he was thinking of a week before maybe. I remember the tail end of that discussion but since I avoid the vloggers I don't remember anything more than that.

Did we ever figure out exactly when that hotel room was booked?

If anyone would have that answer it would be Lauren Scharf. I don't recall it being mentioned, though.

When in doubt, we go to the confirmed timeline:

8:14 am - Barry's phone was at the Holiday Inn Express, 11401 Via Varra, Broomfield, CO.
8:20 am BM parks on south side of HIE away from cameras, throws things in trash - Trash Drop #2
8:25 am BM enters hotel in long sleeve shirt carrying clothes, (teal and black colored), hiking boots, light blue plastic bag
8:38 am BM goes to room changes clothing

13 minutes for check-in is about average. If he had previously booked the room for that night they wouldn't let him check in until after 2pm unless he wanted to pay for an extra day.

I'm recalling the "fire talk" came up on yet another day that MG was expecting BM to pick her up at an early hour and when BM was no show, he claimed he had been "putting out a fire" in Maysville until the early morning. I wondered if this was the day when MG instead went to work out, and he eventually picked her up at the fitness center? Would this be Saturday morning, and also the date MG recalled him acting strange and not looking so good?

It seemed to me that BM was reluctant to advise MG and crew in advance of where they would be working from day to day-- and used this method of picking MG up for work to exercise his dominance and a reminder to "his people" of who was in control of them.

Said it before: BM is one sick dude. MOO

ETA: I believe we learned of this (hearsay) from a PE host (not from MG).

Last edited:

As I recall it, this was his explanation for his change of start time to MG, for Saturday at the beach site.

I don't recall which interview so JMO until I can find it.

JMO

Did Barry schmooze to get into a room in the morning that technically and typically would've been a noon or 1pm check in?
To me, the booking details, combined with the check-in details, are important pieces of the timeline. According to MG, the original plan was for her to travel with BM the following morning....Monday, IIRC. So BM decides to leave a day early, and calls MG to get a crew together to arrive Sunday evening....please correct me if I am mistaken. So, was there ever a hotel room booked for Monday? And didn't MG stay in a separate room from JP for two nights....returning to Salida on Tuesday? When were extra rooms booked, and who did that? All of this extra travel and crew followed BM after he was sitting in the room by himself for several hours. Knowing how the booking was done would provide a better glimpse of BM's planning and execution of the deed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88