AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question (please forgive me if this was discussed. I may of missed it) CBW told a teenager that the 3 boys were at work with DW but when SUMMER, CBWand grandma come home they were asked to watch their sister. So was DW back home also? Another thing the clothes SUMMER had on in the car are not the same in missing report. Who and when did she change her clothes? Before planting flowers?

Back in the A & H interview I remember it was H that thought the boys were at work with DW. When CBW did the interview with TIR she stated the boys were home all day. It may have been some confusion between two of the people that were with SW that day. That's just part of life, IMO, to misunderstand one another. Human nature.

When SW changed her clothes, try looking at the CBW interview with TIR, I think that is the one they talk about the clothes changing. Not positive but fairly sure.

LE most likely has the given answer to most of our questions. There are several LE agencies involved with the investigation. The media and I do not have said answers, but that's ok. When LE states the family is cooperating, to me that says the family is answering questions. LE has stated they will not share their investigation, so the general public doesn't have these answers.

Well, it is good they passed.

Although it just keeps sounding like they don't know anything useful about solving the case. Which sometimes is just the way things are. But, as things are dragging on for months, i fear no one has any useful information.

Which, honestly, is consistent with SW got lost in the woods. Because how would anyone know anything about that?

I keep coming back to "lost in the woods.". IMO CW has not been forthcoming about the length of time before she checked on Summer in the basement. I don't mean 2 vs 15 minutes but much longer than that. IMO CW has minimized the time, probably due to guilt and fear of CPS and possibly DW. There may have been ample time for Summer to wander deep into the woods, become disoriented, and be seriously injured. I think CW took off in the truck looking for Summer because she knew wandering off was a real possibility. Maybe Summer had even done it before. IMO DW jumped to the abduction conclusion based upon the 2 minute scenario. Of course, this is all just my opinion but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Summer is found in the woods. I do wish they would search again.

I am not sure that anything the Wells do is enough for some of us.
There were grumbles about the polygraph and not hearing from a reliable source as to whether they passed it like they claimed- enter reliable source verifying that yes, in fact they did pass- and now it is doubtful as to whether polygraphs are even sorta accurate.

Then there were gripes that CW didn't do interviews- when she did people picked her a part.

Then we have DW- and his interviews- and w I am not even go to attempt to excuse his past or his etiquette- meh, nevermind.

We have had people that are well respected body language readers watch the Wells and they feel that the parents did not have a hand in SW disappearance. But...I mean, that isn't a real science is it?

Then - we heard about the "scream" and MANY doubted that anyone even reported that happening. There were innuendos that the Wells straight up made the story up. Whelp- we have the actual neighbor that contacted LE several times tell about that day and what she heard, but...she sure does seem sketchy. Can't really believe her.

Oh, but let's not forget Gran-(sorry I can't recall her initials) she left- she sure is sketchy. Why won't she talk in an interview? Never mind that her own child is missing for years with no answers, and now her grandchild is gone too. Super questionable.

I know there is more - but these are the first things that come to mind for me.

Before anyone believes that I am blind to the Wells and their issues, I assure you I am not. There is SO much that has been revealed that is unbecoming of parents raising young children. The boys are safe, and D & C have lost everything because they could not hold things together.

I will continue to hold hope that Summer is found and I won't condemn the family after all that they have endured.

If the announcement is ever made that one or more of them is guilty in the disappearance of SW, I will fully support maximum penalty and punishments. On the other hand, if they are found to NOT to have had anything to do with what happened to her. I will be happy to know that I didn't add to their grief.

I know how passionate people feel about this missing child, but remember that SHE loves her family despite their imperfections.

AMOO JMO MOO

I confess I'm not following either. So the sabbath school teacher's hubby recently bought the same make/model/color truck that was allegedly seen in the area the day (?) Summer went missing.

And? It's a red truck. They're everywhere. Now if it was purple with green polkadots, I'd agree that might be some kind of massive red flag.

I never really put much stock into the alleged sighting of this red truck, and LE on this case have never been able to produce the truck or the driver. It sure sounds to me like there's some sort of unspoken accusation (not from LE) that the sabbath school teacher is somehow involved in Summer's disappearance.

I was looking at it more as who did they buy it from. I don't think we even have details as to if it's just a generic red truck or if it is just like the one that has been mentioned by LE. If it's the latter, then it means someone in the area did have that type of vehicle, assuming they bought it locally.

Well, i have doubts all over the place about lie detector tests. This is not confined to this case.

However, it is good that they passed. I mean, a pass is better than a fail. I guess. Although, there are some points i always pretty much believed them about.

I have never really believed that the family disappeared SW. And i don't think they know where she is.

I think there is a little more to the story of the day that Summer disappeared than we have been told, but it is possible that LE knows whatever it is. It might not be anything that really helps find Summer.

If SW is anything other than "lost in the woods" then i guess the case will have to be solved for us to know if it relates to the family or not. I do think it is possible that it is someone who has been to the property before. But, it sounds like people sometimes prowl around without invitation.

Also, after little CS being snatched out of a tent... Maybe Summer did get snatched out of the basement.

This case is frustrating because there are no clues and there's no timeline and the family spokesperson wasn't there when it happened.

I think everyone wants to hear from CH, but i have a feeling they would be disappointed if she did an interview. I don't think she can add much to what CB has said.

This is just a weird case. I really have no idea what happened and everything i just said might turn out to be ridiculously wrong.

Jmo moo

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an interrogation tool, and an effective one.

I took a nice long break from the thread b/c the circus surrounding this case was just creating too much noise. Refreshed, here I am again; will see how long I last before I need another break. ; )

With a refreshed perspective, I am still of the belief Summer is on the property, very close to the house. My theory still remains that she slipped down a crevice and she remains on a secondary surface, obscured from view. Drop cameras would be needed to find her. Summer could have been chasing one of the animals, or just being her little tom-boy self, and slipped. It's tough terrain around that homestead, and completely plausible that they haven't yet found her; despite searches, and hounds, and so forth. I still think she is very close to the house.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I agree that she's probably not far from the house if she wandered off. The terrain is rough, but there is very little distance she can go before she runs into a road or someone else's house. It would be difficult to wander far unknowingly in that area.

It is true, LE has said that nobody has been ruled out.

AND

LE has said that they have found no evidence of an abduction.

LE has said that they have found no evidence of foul play.

Summer was not found in extensive searches of the property and surrounding area -- therefore LE has found no evidence that she wandered away.

Therefore, if LE has found no evidence of wandering, abduction or foul play -- how could they possibly rule anyone out? Rule them out of what? As of now they don't know what happened or who, if anyone, was responsible for whatever it was. Everything and everyone is still on the table.

Edited to add: IMO MOO

I kind of get the idea that Hawkins County isn't really outfitted for this kind of thing and everybody else had other searches to move onto.

I keep coming back to "lost in the woods.". IMO CW has not been forthcoming about the length of time before she checked on Summer in the basement. I don't mean 2 vs 15 minutes but much longer than that. IMO CW has minimized the time, probably due to guilt and fear of CPS and possibly DW. There may have been ample time for Summer to wander deep into the woods, become disoriented, and be seriously injured. I think CW took off in the truck looking for Summer because she knew wandering off was a real possibility. Maybe Summer had even done it before. IMO DW jumped to the abduction conclusion based upon the 2 minute scenario. Of course, this is all just my opinion but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Summer is found in the woods. I do wish they would search again.
I do think more time passed between the last time Summer was seen and when they realized she was missing. Between the dogs and all the people at the home, it just doesn't seem likely that someone ran up and grabbed Summer. I do think the neighbor may have heard a scream, and it was Summer falling or having a problem. I agree that they should do another search of the area.

When CBW did the interview with TIR she stated the boys were home all day. It may have been some confusion between two of the people that were with SW that day. That's just part of life, IMO, to misunderstand one another. Human nature.
Yet in an early interview on youtube (which was approved here) Don said the boys were with him that day, which was then double checked by the creator and he quickly back tracked.

Also, DD in an interview claimed Candus, on the night of Summer's disappearance, showed him a video of the boys swimming and told him they were from earlier on that day.

Obviously, he could've been confused and she meant she'd uploaded them that day. Who knows.

Last edited:
Many people, including those who've been supportive to the family, believe the timeline "2 minutes" is probably off.

It was understandable at the beginning, fear of CPS and didn't want to look bad.

If that is the case, then at this point there is NO excuse acceptable not to give the actual timeframe. It means she is hindering the investigation and not doing all she can to find Summer. IMO.

We have had people that are well respected body language readers watch the Wells and they feel that the parents did not have a hand in SW disappearance. But...I mean, that isn't a real science is it?

Then - we heard about the "scream" and MANY doubted that anyone even reported that happening. There were innuendos that the Wells straight up made the story up. Whelp- we have the actual neighbor that contacted LE several times tell about that day and what she heard, but...she sure does seem sketchy. Can't really believe her.
People keep forgetting that the Behavior Panel also picked up red flags when Don was asked about his thoughts on whether he believed Candus was being honest about that day. Not just on their own show, but on Dr. Phil's show as well. IIRC even Dr. Phil said it.

As for the neighbour hearing the scream. It may have been excused by some, but don't forget LE also said it didn't check out.

Last edited:
People keep forgetting that the Behavior Panel also picked up red flags when Don was asked about his thoughts on whether he believed Candus was being honest about that day. Not just on their own show, but on Dr. Phil's show as well. IIRC even Dr. Phil said it.

As for the neighbour hearing the scream. It may have been excused by some, but don't forget LE also said it didn't check out.

The dishonesty that the behavior panel felt was possible was related to whether DW had questions regarding CW's recollection of events. They still do not believe that DW or CW had anything to do with SW disappearing. That is the main issue as far as I know.

Regarding the neighbor- the point I was trying to make was that it was not some fabricated story That the Wells made up as several people implied. Turns out, there actually is a neighbor that reported hearing it and she was interviewed and talked publicly about it.

It's my opinion that no matter what the family says, there will be a twist on why it should be discounted.

AMOO MOO JMO

EBM to clarify identity

Last edited:
Many people, including those who've been supportive to the family, believe the timeline "2 minutes" is probably off.

It was understandable at the beginning, fear of CPS and didn't want to look bad.

If that is the case, then at this point there is NO excuse acceptable not to give the actual timeframe. It means she is hindering the investigation and not doing all she can to find Summer. IMO.
I think the parents are navigating the situation as best as they are capable of, understand, and can do.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The dishonesty that the behavior panel felt was possible was related to whether DW had questions regarding CW's recollection of events. They still do not believe that DW or CW had anything to do with SW disappearing. That is the main issue as far as I know.

Regarding the neighbor- the point I was trying to make was that it was not some fabricated story That the Wells made up as several people implied. Turns out, there actually is a neighbor that reported hearing it and she was interviewed and talked publicly about it.

It's my opinion that no matter what the family says, there will be a twist on why it should be discounted.

AMOO MOO JMO

EBM to clarify identity
My point really was not to start a back on forth on all their comments, just to point out why people are sceptical of their version of events.

A perfect example is when you said "it was not some fabricated story That the Wells made up as several people implied".

Don didn't mention the screams until weeks after Summer's disappearance. Apparently Candus said it to a reporter, but unfortunately it wasn't aired.

It's understandable that people therefore felt it could have been fabricated. This is vital info. so why wouldn't Don have mentioned it before?

Virtually nothing has been confirmed or denied by LE with this case. We only have Don and Candus' interviews. It's natural people are going to discuss any changes to their stories.

We can't pretend they're saints and it's hard for some to summon up any sympathy for them, at this point.

This case has had us going round in circles. I do believe that's why it has quietened in the last few weeks. There seems to be no new info. to discuss, just the same old merry go round and pointing of fingers.

All my own opinions.

The TBI and others did arrive pretty quickly to search. And the searches went on for a fairly long time with various groups coming in and helping out.

The Wells' property seems pretty untamed except for the part where the house and driveway is. I understand there are various sheds, paths and things...

Of course, SW being so small, she might have gotten through an area that appears pretty unpassable. Or under something where there appears to be no room.

CB has said that she saw LE repeatedly check very small or almost inaccessible areas around the house and camper. So, LE has thought of this. And, i guess that is one reason for using dogs.

I keep going back to the dog losing the scent at the road. Even though it seems impossible, did SW get into a vehicle?

I know a lot of people believe she will be found close to home. "Close" is kind of a relative term. I mean, Sullivan County is close if you compare it to Boston or Mexico (i know one is a city and one is a country, but those are places specifically mentioned by the parents under various circumstances).

Anyway, i think the area of Hawkins County near Sullivan County and the area of Sullivan County near Hawkins County might need some searching. Also, there are two interstates nearby. People have been left in the wooded area near interstates. But, this is an enormous amount of land.

They might have tried looking these places on the downlow while the media was focused on the search near SW's house.

I was just thinking...

When the BP asked DW about "David", he had to clarify which one... The flute player (he said the guy's name) or the pastor.

I kind of think DW hasn't seen or thought about DD (the flute player) for a while. DW said DD changed churches, but when?

Yeah, from what I could see (many photos are blurred) the kids did look clean. I do wonder why Summer's hair was shaved. Was it a punishment or maybe because she wanted her hair to match her brothers'? For whatever reason, her shaved hair sticks out to me. IMO.
Wasn't it a lice situation that was hard to control? I may be wrong but I think both the mother and the father mentioned in one of the first interviews that the mother shaved her own head and Summer kept asking to do it too.

She's sticking to her public story. If she changes it now, it'll be worse. I would hope she has told the police everything to her ability. But she doesn't owe you or anyone else (outside of LE) any explanation.

She's sticking to her public story. If she changes it now, it'll be worse. I would hope she has told the police everything to her ability. But she doesn't owe you or anyone else (outside of LE) any explanation.
I'm not sure what you mean about "everything to her ability"?

The reason I question the timeframe is because LE have publicly stated, on a few occasions, that the circumstances surrounding Summer's disappearance is unclear.

You are correct they don't owe me an explanation, but LE's statement indicates to me that they don't have all the answers either.

With 3 children and 1 other adult (that we know of) present that day, it's confusing to me how the circumstances are unclear.

Honestly, I don't want to get into a he said, she said and what it all means conversation. It's been done over and over.

I'm trying to convey how the facts (what little we know) are somewhat vague.

All I can hope is that one day soon, the truth will come out and Summer can be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge