Othram - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is NAMUS Id UP17324 then I didn't find a Websleuths thread for him. Very sad case but I'm glad he is identified!
I tried to update the UID wiki for the page I have on there for that case, but an admin pointed out a date discrepancy, apparently he was found 2 days before that case according to an article. I still believe it’s the same person, but I just have to be able to prove it to the admin to update the page again

This is really incredible. So many shady suspects in her case, yet Othram proved it was someone else altogether. Congratulations - can't wait to dig into this story. RIP Candy.

Yet another reason we have to solve even the oldest cases. Each solve exonerates the numerous “persons of interest” previously considered for the crime.

If Othram really wants to shake up the world and become internationally famous, the Zodiac case is the landmark opportunity. There are countless envelopes from Zodiac that must contain his DNA. I'm not falling for the nonsense that he didn't lick stamps or envelopes. This was 1969 through 1974. Nobody was that clairvoyant.

Currently that case is amidst an extremely insulting phase with a group called Case Breakers pursuing nonsensical aspects like forehead wrinkles and a body concealed 40 feet up a tree. I wish I were kidding. Unfortunately a major news network is allowing them to peddle the crap. It's going to lead one gullible person after another to believe there is something to it.

All the greater reason for Othram to save the day and make history.

If Othram really wants to shake up the world and become internationally famous, the Zodiac case is the landmark opportunity. There are countless envelopes from Zodiac that must contain his DNA. I'm not falling for the nonsense that he didn't lick stamps or envelopes. This was 1969 through 1974. Nobody was that clairvoyant.

Currently that case is amidst an extremely insulting phase with a group called Case Breakers pursuing nonsensical aspects like forehead wrinkles and a body concealed 40 feet up a tree. I wish I were kidding. Unfortunately a major news network is allowing them to peddle the crap. It's going to lead one gullible person after another to believe there is something to it.

All the greater reason for Othram to save the day and make history.
Cold Case Files' episode on the Zodiac killer mentioned that they had a partial DNA profile from those stamps, so yeah, I dunno that the story about the Zodiac using water on the stamps has any standing. It's either the Zodiac or someone he knew who licked the stamps most likely. They also apparently have a partial palm print from his hand for further identification verification?

Cold Case Files' episode on the Zodiac killer mentioned that they had a partial DNA profile from those stamps, so yeah, I dunno that the story about the Zodiac using water on the stamps has any standing. It's either the Zodiac or someone he knew who licked the stamps most likely. They also apparently have a partial palm print from his hand for further identification verification?

If I recall correctly, the DNA was touch DNA from the front of the stamp, which would be of no use, considering how many people have handled the letter.

You may remember our recent case announcement about Stephanie Isaacson's sex assault and murder. Today, we announced our next case solve with LVMPD. Othram helped identify the rapist & murderer of Kim Bryant. Kim was a high school student, abducted, raped, and murdered in broad daylight in 1979 near her school. Not sure if there is a Websleuths thread for this one, but here is the DNASolves story:

After 42 years, Kim Bryant's Killer is Identified

That's fantastic to hear. Maybe you can help with the disappearance of Kenneth Veach, who had disappeared in the area in 2014.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

He was a YouTube personality that disappeared without a trace, which led to a lot of conspiracy theories on him. It would probably help his family come to terms with what may have happened to him, and put a lot of these theories to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77