GUILTY WI - 6 dead, 61 injured after car rams into crowd at holiday parade, Waukesha, 21 Nov 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was out of jail after posting $1000 bond a few days ago.
Ugh this is the THIRD case I've seen within the last week where the perp has a significant record, posts bond and then a few days later commits a significantly more heinous crime. I wish bond would be significantly higher for violent, repeat offenders so they are less likely to post it.

I dread seeing the names and faces of the victims.I can't imagine the families grief right around the holidays.Especially seeing the faces of children.So very senseless.....
WSHS Band parents are begging the news media to stop showing the video of the kids being hit and no one is listening. This is horrific.

I just saw an article about this horror in Waukesha, and found this thread. And I'm already several pages behind...
Crying and cursing do not help, but...

Is this us now? Is this how things will continue to be?
We have got to do better in whatever ways we can.
We have got to help when we can, however we are able. Those of us who pray, should pray. Those of us who can speak, speak. Vote. March. Write to those in power. Be close to those you love.
Some of us have young children, teens, and some of us have grand-children...

Please excuse the rant, but...I just couldn't keep it in. Going out in the street and screaming doesn't help...it only briefly helps me, and it makes my throat sore.

I saw a video of the young dance team being hit... I may not sleep tonight.

I will say I love the people who rushed to help those injured.
One of the heroes who rushed to help and was quoted in one of the articles was a teacher I had over 15 years ago. Honestly one of the most kind, selfless people I have ever met - I would join as many clubs as I could after school as a refuge from a really awful home environment and Mr. Kind ran woodworking club. I was the only girl who'd shown up in a few years and the club wasn't super popular but he taught me how to not be afraid of tools and that building things/using my hands was a good coping strategy. He was (and still is) amazing with kids and knows how to reach the ones who need someone in their corner the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500