GUILTY WI - 6 dead, 61 injured after car rams into crowd at holiday parade, Waukesha, 21 Nov 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it matters that many of the victims were church members. What matters is that an individual trying to evade arrest mowed down numerous people without any thought to the humanity he was erasing. He could have killed a convict detail, homeless people camped on a sidewalk, or a group of kids riding their bikes across a sidewalk. He didn't give a damn. Self preservation was paramount. I don't believe there was any social construct going on in his mind.
This is absolutely true. Most people can't truly understand what happened last night, but I can. Because it's my life. About 15 years ago a friend and I were run over by a speeding driver. He was in a stolen car, had been partying all night, had a fight with a sex worker and shoved her out of the car before peeling out and running over us as we crossed a street. Witnesses heard him yell "WTF did I just hit?!" I was thrown almost clear, but my friend was caught on the hood. The guy kept braking and accelerating trying to shake him off of the car, in the process running over and pulverizing my knee and dragging my friend for 3 blocks where he fell off of the car and died. The driver sped off despite witnesses giving chase on foot. Car was never found; most likely sent to a "chop shop". Eventually the sex worker named the guy to a police informant and he was charged, but she recanted and there was not enough evidence to convict. Charges were dropped. And he had never even been charged with vehicular homicide, despite my assertion that the moment he realized he hit people and kept going, and trying to shake my friend off of his car, which I believe resulted in his death because he could have survived the initial impact had the driver made a different choice--and to be clear, this is exactly what I also believe about Brooks. He chose to hit those people which makes it vehicular homicide. And that was the end of it, criminally. So my friend died a horrific death at age 27, and I spend a day or two in a medically-induced coma with a traumatic brain injury, a broken neck, and a whole laundry list of broken bones and shredded skin. A few weeks in the hospital, a lifetime of recovery which I still work at every single day.

And that is when I started paying attention to hit-and-runs. They happen all the time and with increasing frequency, sadly. People drive aggressively and carelessly, and there's oftentimes a culture of victim-blaming when it comes to auto-pedestrian incidents. There's just a total disregard for human life and a might-makes-right ethos. Every once in a while a see a decal on people's back windows of a jeep running over stick figures. It's supposed to be funny. It's sick. I woke up in the throes of a panic attack at 12:30 last night, to see all the hot takes on Twitter, people using this to blame social justice movements that they oppose or advance racist stereotypes. We're doing a HUGE disservice to the victims if we don't address the fact that this is an ongoing moral problem in our country of just wanton selfishness and aggression and disregard for human life. I beg you, google "hit and run fatality" and the name of your town and you will horrified how many there have been and how little attention they have received.

From above article. I wonder if the female the perp was supposed to stay away from was in the parade.

• "Brooks was bailed out of jail on November 19 after posting a $1,000 cash bond on charges of battery, disorderly conduct, bail jumping and resisting an officer
  • The charges relate to an incident on November 2 but it's unclear what the details are; he was ordered to have no contact with a female victim afterwards"
The article also says he may have been trying to get away during a stabbing.

This is absolutely true. Most people can't truly understand what happened last night, but I can. Because it's my life. About 15 years ago a friend and I were run over by a speeding driver. He was in a stolen car, had been partying all night, had a fight with a sex worker and shoved her out of the car before peeling out and running over us as we crossed a street. Witnesses heard him yell "WTF did I just hit?!" I was thrown almost clear, but my friend was caught on the hood. The guy kept braking and accelerating trying to shake him off of the car, in the process running over and pulverizing my knee and dragging my friend for 3 blocks where he fell off of the car and died. The driver sped off despite witnesses giving chase on foot. Car was never found; most likely sent to a "chop shop". Eventually the sex worker named the guy to a police informant and he was charged, but she recanted and there was not enough evidence to convict. Charges were dropped. And he had never even been charged with vehicular homicide, despite my assertion that the moment he realized he hit people and kept going, and trying to shake my friend off of his car, which I believe resulted in his death because he could have survived the initial impact had the driver made a different choice--and to be clear, this is exactly what I also believe about Brooks. He chose to hit those people which makes it vehicular homicide. And that was the end of it, criminally. So my friend died a horrific death at age 27, and I spend a day or two in a medically-induced coma with a traumatic brain injury, a broken neck, and a whole laundry list of broken bones and shredded skin. A few weeks in the hospital, a lifetime of recovery which I still work at every single day.

And that is when I started paying attention to hit-and-runs. They happen all the time and with increasing frequency, sadly. People drive aggressively and carelessly, and there's oftentimes a culture of victim-blaming when it comes to auto-pedestrian incidents. There's just a total disregard for human life and a might-makes-right ethos. Every once in a while a see a decal on people's back windows of a jeep running over stick figures. It's supposed to be funny. It's sick. I woke up in the throes of a panic attack at 12:30 last night, to see all the hot takes on Twitter, people using this to blame social justice movements that they oppose or advance racist stereotypes. We're doing a HUGE disservice to the victims if we don't address the fact that this is an ongoing moral problem in our country of just wanton selfishness and aggression and disregard for human life. I beg you, google "hit and run fatality" and the name of your town and you will horrified how many there have been and how little attention they have received.
I'm so sorry and angry for what you and your friend went through and I agree with everything you pointed out.

Mary Spicuzza
@MSpicuzzaMJS

·
2m

Waukesha update; Milwaukee County District Attorney says the state’s bail recommendation was “inappropriately low” in Darrell Brooks’ ongoing criminal case.
FE0JBngWYAUVO2Y

<modsnip - broken quote>

Initially several posters here, myself included, thought that that was a possibility. However, as more information is released I believe this was a case of depraved indifference to human life. It appears his only cause was avoiding arrest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:

There is nothing that has been released by LE or MSM to suggest that this incident is in any way connected to politics or social injustice issues. Do not bring these issues to the thread. Posters who choose to do so will receive an automatic time out or thread ban.

Suspect in Waukesha parade incident identified as Darrell Brooks Jr.

Darrell Brooks Jr., the man suspected of being the driver, has been charged three times in less than two years with recklessly endangering the safety of others, most recently on Nov. 5 as part of a domestic abuse incident for which he was also charged with resisting or obstructing an officer.

In the case this month, a woman told police Brooks purposefully ran her "over with his vehicle" while she was walking through a gas station parking lot after he had followed her there after a fight, according to the criminal complaint. The woman was hospitalized for her injuries, court records show.

Darrell Brooks Jr., the man suspected of being the driver, has been charged three times in less than two years with recklessly endangering the safety of others, most recently on Nov. 5 as part of a domestic abuse incident for which he was also charged with resisting or obstructing an officer.

In the case this month, a woman told police Brooks purposefully ran her "over with his vehicle" while she was walking through a gas station parking lot after he had followed her there after a fight, according to the criminal complaint. The woman was hospitalized for her injuries, court records show.
Animal.

Rep. Allen from Waukesha calls on people to shine a light

WAUKESHA - Wisconsin Rep. Scott Allen, who represents a portion of Waukesha, is calling on people to shine a light after the mass casualty event during the Waukesha Christmas Parade on Sunday.

“I call on everyone in the greater Waukesha community to turn on a light at 4 PM today and let it shine through the night until daybreak. It could be a front porch light, a back patio light, a hall light, any light you choose, but together let’s make it clear that evil has no place in our community,” he wrote.

He said that Waukesha is place of “loving people who will not succumb to the darkness.”

Allen also said for people are inclined to do so, he encouraged them to walk “Main Street with your cell phone flashlight shining sometime this evening, Monday, November 22nd, after dusk.”

I reserve the use of the phrase "human trash" for people that target the innocent, and the defenseless.
It's most certainly appropriate here.

jmo
Domestic violence is not punished appropriately; people who can beat and murder those they “love” are highly unlikely to care about anyone else. It’s a sociopathic flaw and to often people shield them and brand the victims as liars.

Sooo there is previous history of this!! (Besides all his other criminal history) :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member