GUILTY WI - 6 dead, 61 injured after car rams into crowd at holiday parade, Waukesha, 21 Nov 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
1999: Aggravated battery, Carrying a concealed weapon

Sentenced to two years in prison.

2000: Carrying a concealed weapon, loitering, resisting or obstructing an officer, possession of cocaine

Case was not prosecuted.

2002: Obstructing an officer, driving a vehicle without consent possession of THC.

Case was dismissed

2003: Resisting or obstructing an officer

Sentence: 20 days in house of corrections

Feb 2005: Resisting or obstructing an officer

March 2005: Receiving stolen property, possession of controlled substance

Case was dismissed

2009: Paternity warrant issued, resisting an officer

2010: Strangulation and suffocation, domestic abuse Battery, criminal damage to property

Sentence: Unknown

2011: Probation violation

August 2011: Failure to appear in court

September 2011: Paternity warrant

October 2011: Possession of THC

December 2011: Possession with intent (THC), bail jumping

Sentence: 180 days in jail with permission to work outside of jail on day release

2012: Bail jumping, failure to appear in court, resisting an officer

November 2012: Possession of THC

Over the next few years, Brooks lived in Nevada, where he was charged with having sex with a minor

July 2020: Possession of a firearm as a convicted felon

Endangering safety, reckless use of firearm (domestic abuse), possession of methamphetamine

February 2021: Paternity warrant served

November 2021: Domestic battery, bail jumping, endangering safety, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest

Bailed on November 11

Pictured: Driver of SUV that plowed through crowds at Waukesha Christmas parade | Daily Mail Online

1999: Aggravated battery, Carrying a concealed weapon

Sentenced to two years in prison.

2000: Carrying a concealed weapon, loitering, resisting or obstructing an officer, possession of cocaine

Case was not prosecuted.

2002: Obstructing an officer, driving a vehicle without consent possession of THC.

Case was dismissed

2003: Resisting or obstructing an officer

Sentence: 20 days in house of corrections

Feb 2005: Resisting or obstructing an officer

March 2005: Receiving stolen property, possession of controlled substance

Case was dismissed

2009: Paternity warrant issued, resisting an officer

2010: Strangulation and suffocation, domestic abuse Battery, criminal damage to property

Sentence: Unknown

2011: Probation violation

August 2011: Failure to appear in court

September 2011: Paternity warrant

October 2011: Possession of THC

December 2011: Possession with intent (THC), bail jumping

Sentence: 180 days in jail with permission to work outside of jail on day release

2012: Bail jumping, failure to appear in court, resisting an officer

November 2012: Possession of THC

Over the next few years, Brooks lived in Nevada, where he was charged with having sex with a minor

July 2020: Possession of a firearm as a convicted felon

Endangering safety, reckless use of firearm (domestic abuse), possession of methamphetamine

February 2021: Paternity warrant served

November 2021: Domestic battery, bail jumping, endangering safety, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest

Bailed on November 11

Pictured: Driver of SUV that plowed through crowds at Waukesha Christmas parade | Daily Mail Online
Thank you for this.

Why the need to plow down people in the street? There was no high speed police chase happening. He could have stopped the car at any point, got out and ran. Which he did eventually, backing into a driveway.
I think whatever happened at Frame/the DV incident (unsure whether these two events are one and the same) made him angry and unstable enough to drive through that parade. He knew it was happening.

One of the heroes who rushed to help and was quoted in one of the articles was a teacher I had over 15 years ago. Honestly one of the most kind, selfless people I have ever met - I would join as many clubs as I could after school as a refuge from a really awful home environment and Mr. Kind ran woodworking club. I was the only girl who'd shown up in a few years and the club wasn't super popular but he taught me how to not be afraid of tools and that building things/using my hands was a good coping strategy. He was (and still is) amazing with kids and knows how to reach the ones who need someone in their corner the most.
Quoting this because I just saw him on MSNBC... he stated that he ran to help one of the band members who was hit by the SUV and decided to cradle his head to ensure that he wouldn't be laying on the asphalt to make sure he had some dignity while waiting to be transported in an ambulance. I don't cry very easily, but tears are definitely flowing hard right now.

How can ANYONE run down children on purpose?? Special kind of evil inside this guy.

Fox TV has Dr Michael Gutzeit, Chief Medical Officer at Children’s Hospital on now with an update.

Dr Amy Drendel, Medical Director, Emergency Dept. speaking now.

18 patients, 10 admitted to ICU
6 critical
3 serious
1 fair

Rest in fair condition, not ICU.

3 sets of siblings hospitalized. Range of children overall ages 3 - 16. 6 sent to operating room last night.

Dr Michael Myer, Pediatric ICU - 2 injured children being operated on today.

Largest mass casualty ever seen at the hospital.

Why the need to plow down people in the street? There was no high speed police chase happening. He could have stopped the car at any point, got out and ran. Which he did eventually, backing into a driveway.
Who can understand reasoning for an unstable person’s actions? Maybe he thought he was being followed, or than someone had called 911, or reported a description of his vehicle.

Has it been determined that he’s unstable?

Exactly. He’s not unstable. He has a long history of purposely breaking the law and injuring other people. These are choices he made, just like the choice he made to purposely drive though a parade.
Selfish, narcissist, evil….but not unstable.

@OmarJimenez

https://mobile.twitter.com/OmarJimenez/status/1462886357232234504
The suspect in the Waukesha Christmas parade attack posted bail on November 11 in relation to charges including domestic abuse. That incident also involved him being accused of using a car as a deadly weapon, according to the criminal complaint.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OmarJimenez/status/1462886358897373184
The criminal complaint said Darrell Brooks ran over a woman with his car while she was walking through a gas station parking lot. He was released on $1,000 bail, per court records. The Milwaukee Co. DA said in a letter today the bail was set "inappropriately low."

In a Facebook comment, she encouraged newcomer granny Betty Butula Streng writing 'Our future Milwaukee Dancing Granny...great picture, she has the moves and the smile.'

Betty, who had just joined the group, was also badly injured. The degree of her injuries is unknown but she's now in ICU, according to members of the community.

'Dear friends, please hold in prayer Betty. This parade in Waukesha was the first gig for her as a part of the Dancing Grannies. She is currently in ICU. Please lift her and all others impacted by this tragedy in prayer. Lord, in your mercy...' Betty's friend, Kris Ertl posted on Facebook.

Fox TV has Dr Michael Gutzeit, Chief Medical Officer at Children’s Hospital on now with an update.

Dr Amy Drendel, Medical Director, Emergency Dept. speaking now.

18 patients, 10 admitted to ICU
6 critical
3 serious
1 fair

Rest in fair condition, not ICU.

3 sets of siblings hospitalized. Range of children overall ages 3 - 16. 6 sent to operating room last night.

Dr Michael Myer, Pediatric ICU - 2 injured children being operated on today.

Largest mass casualty ever seen at the hospital.

10 innocents in ICU fighting for their lives after participating in or watching a Christmas parade. My heart is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member