Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble believing that Russell would have 2 extra ladies, given his age and health, let alone being that way inclined. I do think it is quite possible that his trip only a couple of days before was to stake out his claim for his favourite camping spot, eg put a couple of deck chairs there, or somesuch, to make it look as if it was already occupied. People whose camping is done in campervans have to do that, if they need to go into town to get some milk, etc. So having gone to all that trouble, he might have been especially miffed to then find that someone else had taken "his spot". JMO

I'm having trouble believing that Russell would have 2 extra ladies, given his age and health, let alone being that way inclined. I do think it is quite possible that his trip only a couple of days before was to stake out his claim for his favourite camping spot, eg put a couple of deck chairs there, or somesuch, to make it look as if it was already occupied. People whose camping is done in campervans have to do that, if they need to go into town to get some milk, etc. So having gone to all that trouble, he might have been especially miffed to then find that someone else had taken "his spot". JMO

I agree, I can’t see R having anyone else on the side. The length of the affair tells me it was something special to them (and I say that cringing on his wife’s behalf).

I can think of a few reasons why an argument might happen at a camp site. Taking someone’s pre-marked spot, someone making too much noise at night, someone perceived to be disrespecting the grounds…
I feel so sad for R&C. It must have been very frightening whatever happened at the end.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

The killer of campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay may have spent all night on a desperate drive out of the High Country.

The friends are believed to have been attacked at Wonnangatta in a five-hour window of time after their last known contact, via amateur radio at about 6pm on March 20 last year.

Detectives are examining a series of unaccounted vehicle movements in the rugged region in the hours after that call which, if linked, show the extraordinary effort the driver was forced to make in exiting the region.

Man arrested over missing Vic campers - Shepparton News

A Melbourne man has been arrested over the disappearance of campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay in Victoria's rugged high country 20 months ago.

The 55-year-old man from Caroline Springs was arrested about 5.30pm on Monday, Victoria Police said.

He will be interviewed by detectives on Tuesday morning. No charges have been laid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151