Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
4m

Where did the gun come from? Bertolino isn’t saying.
Show this thread
[URL='https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin']Brian Entin

@BrianEntin[/URL]
·
15m

...closure to both families."
Show this thread
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
15m
Full statement from Bertolino: "Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide. Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring...
Show this thread
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
16m
Brian Laundrie died of a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death is suicide, according to Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino.

So, LE had to have known he took a gun, right? If they didn't warn the country that he was armed and dangerous, did they know they were looking for a body all aong?
I'm sure they did. Many of the searchers were wearing and carrying tactical equipment, which gave me the impression at the time that the gun rumor was in fact true.

They may not have been sure they were looking for a body, but they seemed to know for a fact that he was there.

They had him contained.

So, LE had to have known he took a gun, right? If they didn't warn the country that he was armed and dangerous, did they know they were looking for a body all aong?
I do think LE was looking for a body. They were searching the reserve the entire time while the public had fits over why LE was wasting their time there and not looking elsewhere across the world, overcomplicating the matter.

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
4m

Where did the gun come from? Bertolino isn’t saying.
Show this thread
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
·
15m

...closure to both families."
Show this thread
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
15m
Full statement from Bertolino: "Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide. Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring...
Show this thread
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
16m
Brian Laundrie died of a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death is suicide, according to Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino.
BBM
Suddenly reminded of that photo of a potential gun case (square and black, with gray egg foam padding) in the mustang.

Wow gunshot to head. So many of you were right. I didn’t think that’s what we’d find out but I’m glad they could find a cause. I don’t have many outstanding questions at this point beyond why the Ls made certain choices but it’s pretty superfluous now. I’m sorry for everyone involved who has to move on from these deaths.

It seemed very likely that this would be the outcome. I believed that it was a gun case that the LEO found in the trunk of the Mustang and the "badly decomposed skull" is the same as saying "skull had more pieces than expected."

Once it was reconstructed, the trajectory through the skull could be determined and, of course, they already had the gun.

I have a question, and maybe a dumb one.

It's been determined that BL killed himself via gunshot wound. But how do they know for sure that he did it himself? (Playing devils advocate here). We only had bones, we can't see a trajectory, we don't know if they have the gun (maybe they do and the prints determine it's him - I don't know. I also don't know if they found a note in the notebook.) It just seems like how can they make this determination that he did it himself without more information.

Posted the ‘gun case’ video just few posts back.
Moo

And thank you for doing that, as some were questioning whether it looked like a gun case. I thought it was clearly a gun case.

So, the Laundries had to have had a very strong hunch about what happened. I thought he seemed capable of self-harm/suicide all along and his only reason for driving to Florida, aside from obtaining the gun, was to say good-bye to his loved ones

It's been determined that BL killed himself via gunshot wound. But how do they know for sure that he did it himself? (Playing devils advocate here). We only had bones, we can't see a trajectory, we don't know if they have the gun (maybe they do and the prints determine it's him - I don't know. I also don't know if they found a note in the notebook.) It just seems like how can they make this determination that he did it himself without more information.

That's why they hired a forensic anthropologist. The skull was pieced back together. One side had a small bullet hole and the other had shattering consistent with a point blank firing of a handgun. The gun was likely found immediately adjacent to the remains.

But the skull would tell the story upon reconstruction. There would be spidery cracks consistent with point blank at the entry site as well.

My speculation would be possibly the location of gunshot (under his chin or something), no evidence of any other humans in the area, if the gun belonged to BL, suicide note… as possible ways to determine. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong