Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all on here have been reading and following this case here for years. The recent highly publicized activities by police would have brought new people to this site, not all of whom would be active posters.
True, but I've often wondered / been curious as to what makes people take such an intense interest in this case years later seeing as it's always been a very public high profile case?

this real estate site is a super source of (14) photographs of 48 Benaroon Drive. Might help people to orientate into the landscape

48 Benaroon Drive, Kendall NSW 2439 | Allhomes
<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

The media non discussion thread does not contain many current links from 2020 onwards especially connected to the last 10 days.

I am willing to spend time copying links from one thread and placing in the media thread.

Is anyone willing to put up their hand to assist? I think if each person does a thread we may be able to keep up with media articles. At the moment it is extremely difficult to locate articles or photos. Imo.

When copying links to media thread I intend to do a factual but brief dotpoint of contents of each link. Hope this is OK.

Edited to include: I had no idea our moderators are volunteers. I assumed they were paid staff members.

Last edited by a moderator:
True, but I've often wondered / been curious as to what makes people take such an intense interest in this case years later seeing as it's always been a very public high profile case?

The case's profile -- as viewed by the public through the media -- has waxed and waned over the years depending on what the police are doing.

Now that police have publicly stated that the FM is POI, it is back on the front pages.

Also need to keep in mind that many WS members are not located in Oz.

A man who claims he saw William Tyrrell in the back seat of a speeding car on the day the three-year-old disappeared is still as confident as ever about what he witnessed that fateful day.

Mr Chapman exclusively told Daily Mail Australia he is still certain the little boy was William Tyrrell - and he's adamant he would recognise the car if it drove past his home again today

'I may be an old man, but I'm not a blind man,' Mr Chapman, who is due to turn 83 next month, laughed.

'I'm still absolutely certain it was him. September 12 2014 is a day I will never forget.'

In the seven years since William's disappearance, Mr Chapman claims he's 'never seen either car again'.

'We've been here before. The police arrive, they search, they find nothing,' Mr Chapman said.

William Tyrrell's foster grandmother's neighbour still CERTAIN he saw boy on day he vanished | Daily Mail Online

Can't speak for others, but I for one lost interest when the case appeared to go nowhere for years and thought police had lost any chance of solving it in the early stages, became slightly interested again when GJ was charged, took a peek again, and saw police were still on the same track chasing down rabbit holes so stepped back again, then took an interest again when it looked like we might finally get some resolution .. losing faith in that happening again now, and back to thinking police lost their chance of solving this in the very early stages.

No, I kind of said in jest but it is true. I had to replace a gate from the side yard to the back yard when I adopted a border collie, but it made no difference because he learnt how to open the screen door.

Just like in this case. Even if the little lattice gate was locked, or William found it too difficult to climb over the lattice, the balcony is directly accessible from the sliding door inside the house.

Attachments

• High Balcony Access.jpeg
    High Balcony Access.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 25

I'm new here. I only found out about this place, after it was brought up on another site where the discussion was about William and the new developments.

The disappearance of a 3yo child who appeared to have vanished into thin air is very unusual. It is amazing what inquisitive lateral thinking
minds openly and unselfishly willing to share knowledge and expertise such as here on WS can make a real tangible difference IMO.

I know of several major crime cases that have been solved or reinvestigated from a totally different angle due to the various discoveries reported to case lead detectives.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I don't think it hurts to revisit old ground, isn't that what we do all the time to see if something was missed, especially with a new perspective of the FP's being charged for assault and losing custody of William's sister.

There was a recent report on the media regarding CS in Western Australia. In summary, it said how the loss of child in the world, in this way, challenges us all psychologically, it confronts our sense of our safe world. For me - anything I could do to help. Share my perspective, it's interesting to see it challenged - therein, might lie an answer - just by reading something an alternative way.

Can't speak for others, but I for one lost interest when the case appeared to go nowhere for years and thought police had lost any chance of solving it in the early stages, became slightly interested again when GJ was charged, took a peek again, and saw police were still on the same track chasing down rabbit holes so stepped back again, then took an interest again when it looked like we might finally get some resolution .. losing faith in that happening again now, and back to thinking police lost their chance of solving this in the very early stages.

Same, same!

Just like in this case. Even if the little lattice gate was locked, or William found it too difficult to climb over the lattice, the balcony is directly accessible from the sliding door inside the house.

Yes could easily access verandah via that sliding door...but the last people that were with him have said he ran around towards the lattice gate area

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

And when I compared the real estate photos to 2014 photos many of the real estate photos were taken not long after Sept 2014 IMO and gave me a butter understanding of thickness and height of trees and shrubs etc around the periphery of 48.

To be able to place my mind on the patio deck and in the garden really helped me understand descriptions talked of by the FFC after viewing documentaries and hearing story telling by her. .

I don't think it hurts to revisit old ground, isn't that what we do all the time to see if something was missed, especially with a new perspective of the FP's being charged for assault and losing custody of William's sister.

It certainly appears what LE have done...started back at the start and going back over everything with a fine toothed comb IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304