Found Safe CA - Lateche Norris, 20, had a fight with bf, new to the area, San Diego, 5 Nov 2021 *At-Risk*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Instead of gathering for Thanksgiving this week, a family in Indiana will be traveling across the country to search for their missing daughter.

Although Lateche Norris turned 20 years old in October, she never went more than a couple of days without speaking to her mom. So her unusual silence -- now lasting a little more than two weeks -- has her family worried.

"Something is wrong,” her mother Cheryl Walker told Dateline. “Now the days are just flying by with no word from her. And we’re terrified.”

lateche_cropped.jpg

Much more at Search continues for Indiana woman who went missing shortly after move to San Diego

If Lateche decided to take a break, where could she be staying at? It's been 19 days. Does she know anyone in San Diego? It's quite expensive to stay at a hotel, IMO.
I'm pretty sure she would have called her mother. Even without a phone, she found a way to call her mother and let her know what was going on. She's very connected to people from Indiana on her social media pages, lots of activity before the day her mother stopped hearing from her and had told her mother she'd call her back later. It doesn't sound like she would go to a hotel and not keep in touch.
The article is a little confusing to me, I'm not sure if she spent the night at the 7/11 or if she was just there while she looked for someone with a phone to borrow. I'd also like to know why the SDPD doesn't feel she's at risk at this time.

Walker filed a missing person's report with SDPD on Nov. 10, according to the spokesperson.

"He is the last person to see her, technically, and we can't get ahold of him and he's not returning phone calls," Sich said.

Sich disagrees with SDPD's assessment that Norris isn't at risk.

"She doesn't have money. The person that she was supposed to be dependent on probably left her stranded somewhere and she doesn't have a phone, so I don't know why law enforcement is saying that she's not at risk," Sich said.

Indiana Parents Spending Holiday in San Diego Searching for Missing Daughter

This is even more concerning, no money.

Walker filed a missing person's report with SDPD on Nov. 10, according to the spokesperson.

"He is the last person to see her, technically, and we can't get ahold of him and he's not returning phone calls," Sich said.

Sich disagrees with SDPD's assessment that Norris isn't at risk.

"She doesn't have money. The person that she was supposed to be dependent on probably left her stranded somewhere and she doesn't have a phone, so I don't know why law enforcement is saying that she's not at risk," Sich said.

Indiana Parents Spending Holiday in San Diego Searching for Missing Daughter

This is even more concerning, no money.
I'm thankful that organization is helping her parents. Public find page - Lateche Norris Missing San Diego - Official Search & Updates

NOV 25, 2021
Dateline features case of woman who went missing after moving to California
[...]

Norris and her boyfriend, who grew up in California, moved to Santa Cruz over the summer. Both were seeking employment as tattoo artists, a burgeoning career for Norris. She returned home to Indiana for Halloween weekend, and then flew to San Diego to meet up with her boyfriend.

[...]

On Nov. 5, Walker says her daughter called "from a stranger's phone." Norris allegedly said she had gotten in a fight with her boyfriend the night prior and now needed her mother to get her boyfriend's phone number for her. She did not say why she didn't have her own phone.

[...]

A spokesperson from the San Diego Police Department told Dateline they have an open case, but do not believe Norris is at risk. Her family disputes this characterization, however.

[...]

NOV 25, 2021
Dateline features case of woman who went missing after moving to California
[...]

Norris and her boyfriend, who grew up in California, moved to Santa Cruz over the summer. Both were seeking employment as tattoo artists, a burgeoning career for Norris. She returned home to Indiana for Halloween weekend, and then flew to San Diego to meet up with her boyfriend.

[...]

On Nov. 5, Walker says her daughter called "from a stranger's phone." Norris allegedly said she had gotten in a fight with her boyfriend the night prior and now needed her mother to get her boyfriend's phone number for her. She did not say why she didn't have her own phone.

[...]

A spokesperson from the San Diego Police Department told Dateline they have an open case, but do not believe Norris is at risk. Her family disputes this characterization, however.

[...]
I hope LE is right, but it must be very frustrating for Lateche's family. How many times have we seen this reaction from LE, only later to find the MP was murdered.

Here's another update as well as some info I didn't post here.

"How many times do we have to see a young girl go missing after fighting with her husband or boyfriend or significant other, and how often does it have to end in nothing positive, before we start taking this a little more serious?" Walker said.

She said she doesn't want to unfairly implicate Norris' boyfriend, Joey, who she said has a criminal record that includes arson and vandalism, but said he's not answering calls or messages despite being active on social media. NBC 7 also reached out to Norris' boyfriend and hasn't heard back.

In an interview with NBC's NBC's "Dateline" earlier this week, Walker said she was afraid she'd never see her daughter again. Walker and Norris' father and stepfather traveled to San Diego from Indiana ahead of Thanksgiving so they could search for Norris."

‘I'm Terrified': Mother Spends Thanksgiving Looking for Daughter Missing in San Diego

"How many times do we have to see a young girl go missing after fighting with her husband or boyfriend or significant other, and how often does it have to end in nothing positive, before we start taking this a little more serious?" Walker said.

She said she doesn't want to unfairly implicate Norris' boyfriend, Joey, who she said has a criminal record that includes arson and vandalism, but said he's not answering calls or messages despite being active on social media. NBC 7 also reached out to Norris' boyfriend and hasn't heard back.

In an interview with NBC's NBC's "Dateline" earlier this week, Walker said she was afraid she'd never see her daughter again. Walker and Norris' father and stepfather traveled to San Diego from Indiana ahead of Thanksgiving so they could search for Norris."

‘I'm Terrified': Mother Spends Thanksgiving Looking for Daughter Missing in San Diego

Also to note from the article:

Norris came to San Diego to help her boyfriend after he left a rehab facility and was forced into living on the street, according to Walker. The couple had a disagreement before Walker's last conversation with her daughter, and Walker says there have been domestic violence incidents in the past.

Understandably terrified. o_O:(

Also noting:

Walker said she got a ransom demand phone call that she later realized was fake. She was unhappy with SDPD's response when she brought it to their attention.

She said she wasn't able to reach the Missing Persons Unit, so she contacted dispatchers. Walker said dispatchers told her they couldn't help, and that she would have to leave a voicemail with the MPU.

"That sent me through the roof. I said, ‘For a ransom demand for my missing daughter, you want me to leave a voicemail?’ I had left five voicemails. It had been four or five days before I heard from anyone," Walker said. So, she called the FBI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back