Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

Millete children will remain with paternal grandparents | cbs8.com

Finkbeiner said Drouaillet is even willing to move to San Diego so that the children can continue going to school in Chula Vista.

[..]

A guardian ad litem appointed by the court also weighed in during the hearing.

[..]

She said she interviewed two of the children, as well as looked at their school records and talked to their teachers.

"I don't see any exigency to warrant immediate temporary guardianship," she said.

She told the judge the two children she did interview are doing well in school and that their teachers haven't seen any significant behavioral changes.

[...]

"There is no winner or loser. [The children] are not a prize for good behavior. We're looking for these kids to make it to 18 years old, happy and content as they can be. With both sides of the family," said Judge Kelety.

Larry Millete and his parents responded to Drouaillet's guardianship petition with a brief written objection, which states that Drouaillet is "not a good fit" to be the children's guardian and that "it is not in the children's best interest."

Who wouldn't want Maricris in their corner! Years from now, these children will realize that Auntie Maricris was relentless -- spending every weekend looking for their mother while dad watched "Shot Caller." MOO

Geeze, did the GAL miss the fact that their father and Grandparents are tormenting the children, and can't be trusted because they have ignored the court orders at least twice? SMDH.

Moo.

Geeze, did the GAL miss the fact that their father and Grandparents are tormenting the children, and can't be trusted because they have ignored the court orders at least twice? SMDH.

Moo.
We had an issue that our Grandchildrens parents both became incarcerated. The other set of Grandparents picked up the children during the arrest so as it turns out possession is 9/10's of the law. By the time you get to court to fight the issue of guardianship months pass, next appearance, more months. Finally you get visitation with a third party, then more months, then it turns into weekends like 9-5 alone. Then after that unless you're willing to spend a bunch on an attorney who could win, which isn't likely, children and family services leave the children because they're now settled in. At this point they stop checking in on the kids so unfortunately anything goes. They grant permanacy. We seriously were at our wits end due to the horrible way that the other grandparents told the children to treat us. They truly fed them so much b.s. along the way. I totally feel for them as this will be a life battle.

you know whats next. if they do not have "a copy of the permanent order " (which is not permanent because they are still ongoing in court) Larry will order his parents to deny the visits. i hope im wrong.

I think M & R have a good attorney that's on to LM, and already experienced LM pulling the rug out when he agreed to the grandparent's visitation during mediation and when he failed to comply, he told them that he wanted to wait for the "Order" (Dec hearing)! In other words, you know he never intended to allow Maya's family any access to the children! MOO

Moo.
^^bbm

Having known several GAL's, I don't see it that way.

It's truly a gift to be able to look at the situation through the eyes of minor children, evaluating them first as individuals, second as a unit, and working with the adults to make the future transition as conflict and tension-free as possible.

It's pretty obvious that this has been a fractured family for some time -- not just the past 10 months MM missing.

The Millete children only know what they've lived -- in other words, they don't know they're being tormented by their dad and grandparents!

LM (and his parents) have been the constant, dominant force known to them their entire lives. It took MM, an educated adult, more than 20 years to learn what she was living was not normal or healthy. As in life, you do better when you know better.

It's going to be a process for each of the children where little by little, we hope they will learn to "grow their family" (not replace) with their new attachment figures M & R and form a bond with them.

I support the GAL's recommendation, and also how removing the children from the only home they've known, their school, friends, etc. without an age-appropriate transition would be emotional torture.

Beginning Sunday, Nov 14, here's to the families establishing some boundaries, and the children re-acquainting and building trust with adults that have been missing from their lives for nearly a year.

They need our prayers. MOO

^^bbm

Having known several GAL's, I don't see it that way.

It's truly a gift to be able to look at the situation through the eyes of minor children, evaluating them first as individuals, second as a unit, and working with the adults to make the future transition as conflict and tension-free as possible.

It's pretty obvious that this has been a fractured family for some time -- not just the past 10 months MM missing.

The Millete children only know what they've lived -- in other words, they don't know they're being tormented by their dad and grandparents!

LM (and his parents) have been the constant, dominant force known to them their entire lives. It took MM, an educated adult, more than 20 years to learn what she was living was not normal or healthy. As in life, you do better when you know better.

It's going to be a process for each of the children where little by little, we hope they will learn to "grow their family" (not replace) with their new attachment figures M & R and form a bond with them.

I support the GAL's recommendation, and also how removing the children from the only home they've known, their school, friends, etc. without an age-appropriate transition would be emotional torture.

Beginning Sunday, Nov 14, here's to the families establishing some boundaries, and the children re-acquainting and building trust with adults that have been missing from their lives for nearly a year.

They need our prayers. MOO

This post deserves 1000 likes. Absolutely spot on!

[URL='https://twitter.com/ProfilingEvil']Profiling Evil@ProfilingEvil
[/URL]
I watch@LordanArts
• Do you? Thanks for helping on this case John! mk
Quote Tweet

guZAT6XE_mini.jpg

John Lordan

@LordanArts
· Nov 17
More details are coming out due to the court processes involved in Maya Millete's disappearance. As her sister presses on all fronts, we learn about another strange request Larry made to the "spellcaster."

4:14 PM · Nov 17, 2021

I honestly just hope that the Millete's are able to be civil with Maya's family.
Just to avoid any possible shady-ness, I would encourage M and R to have a "witness" present during visitations. Hopefully they can gain full custody, and this would be a short term arrangement.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just to avoid any possible shady-ness, I would encourage M and R to have a "witness" present during visitations. Hopefully they can gain full custody, and this would be a short term arrangement.

I think that would be better for everyone involved to be honest, having someone "neutral" there just in case...

is their visitation supervised? if not there is no reason they need to interact w the milletes other than picking them up and dropping them off. that can be a powder keg in itself but least they would have their own time.
Having third party supervision due to the hostile nature of LMs family is prudent. Let us recall they have already tried to sell the idea that the girls are “uncomfortable” around Richard.

amateur opinion and speculation

They are headed back to Glamis this weekend (while also getting to meet with the kids for Thanksgiving)... (see video)
I'm just thankful there's some rebuilding going on between the children and Maya's Family. Thankful LM is still in jail. Hope LM's parents are ensuring the children do receive counseling and mental health therapy. It's important the children be able to voice their sorrow and grief over losing their mother and process all their mixed feelings with a neutral therapist. I try to imagine the day... there's still hope that eventually Maya will be found and there will be evidence that nails LM to the crime with no wiggle room. We all want to see Justice done for Maya and her loved ones.

Wishing all the dedicated posters here a Happy Thanksgiving.

Having third party supervision due to the hostile nature of LMs family is prudent. Let us recall they have already tried to sell the idea that the girls are “uncomfortable” around Richard.

amateur opinion and speculation
i can see the point but countless ppl have those petty accusations made. its sad but it is what it is unfortunately in fam court :(

i can see the point but countless ppl have those petty accusations made. its sad but it is what it is unfortunately in fam court :(
Absolutely true. However, this is a high profile homicide case, and the stakes are high all around. I expect LM and his Defense to attempt every trick in the book. The idea is to outmaneuver them preemptively, and avoid them introducing additional distraction and deflection.
JMO of course.

Last edited:
Absolutely true. However, this is a high profile homicide case, and the stakes are high all around. I expect LM and his Defense to attempt every trick in the book. The idea is to outmaneuver them preemptively, and avoid them introducing additional distraction and deflection.
JMO of course.

i definitely agree. i feel bad though its just so intrusive.

Wednesday, Dec. 1st:
*GVRO Hearing (re guns) (@ am PT) - CA - *May “Maya” Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister). *Larry Millete (40) charged (10/18/21), arrested (10/19/21) & arraigned (10/21/21) with murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Denied bail (11/4/21).
*Larry Millete (39/now 40) regarding gun violence restraining order on possession of guns (1/7/21). Plead not guilty.
Family Court: Tabalanza, Pabilot vs. Millete, Larry
Case info from 1/7/21 thru 11/4/21 reference post #25 here:
CA - CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

11/8/21 Update: Millete & his parents, Benito & Judith Millete, filed the objection on Nov. 8, stating, “May Millete, the children’s mother has not been served with the Petition for Appointment of Guardianship.” Probate court hearing on petition for temporary guardianship on 11/10/21 & hearing in the same court for permanent guardianship on 1/19/22. GVRO hearing on 12/1/21. Murder: Preliminary exam readiness hearing on 12/16/21 & preliminary exam hearing on 2/28/22.
11/10/21 Update: Guardianship: Probate Judge Julia Craig Kelety rules Millete children will remain with Larry Millete’s parents for now. She ordered May’s family will be granted weekly visits starting 11/14/21. The judge ordered Larry's parents to find mental-health care providers for the children. The next hearing on the children's custody has been scheduled for 1/4/22 & 1/19/22.

Does anyone have a link to the gun possession charge - case #21FL005040S it's in San Diego-South County - thought I had the correct link - but it's not showing the case #...

TIA if anyone can help me find the next court hearing for his guns - or was it settled in the last hearing??
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

Does anyone have a link to the gun possession charge - case #21FL005040S it's in San Diego-South County - thought I had the correct link - but it's not showing the case #...

TIA if anyone can help me find the next court hearing for his guns - or was it settled in the last hearing??
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif
Sorry, @Niner -- there's an error message for me seeking anything about LM in the courts:

Court Index Error Page

Your request cannot be completed. The server got the following error:
Error Message: getCases() error: Closed Connection

Online Case Search | Superior Court of California - County of San Diego

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members