Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Attwood had warned the birth mother before the visit that William had a black eye.

He had been climbing up as the foster mother was having a cup of tea with a friend and had fallen on a piece of furniture.

On this final occasion, the birth mother said, William was 'more affectionate than usual' and 'happy sitting on my lap and giving me a cuddle'.

stuff like this rings alarm bells the fact he was clingy with his birth mum and then add in the bruise.

MOO

BBM - and apparently that was done, not just by 1 lead detective, but by Fehon who was in charge in the early days, and also by Hans Rupp who was in charge of the strike force prior to GJ, then GJ ruled them out. With 3 leaders ruling them out you'd have to admitt that there must have been another reason other than “well she seems nice, so let’s just leave it”. IMO
Yip there are quite a few who have been ruled out with holes in their time lines that should all be re looked at

They fostered a couple of children short term before being granted seven-month-old William Tyrrell in 2012.

William bonded with his foster father almost immediately, was slower to take to his foster mother but not long before he vanished had started calling her 'Mum'.

Foster parents got him at 7 months and FM says he was three and half when reported missing.. So it seems that it took almost 3 years for William to "take" to his foster mother. That's quite a while, IMO.

Yep how can it take 3 years to bond with him?

that just doesn’t seem right and she openly admits she was struggling as well.

It certainly raises a lot of questions IMO.

Thank you Candace Sutton of the Daily Mail for such a good summary and publishing some new information about Willliam:

He was a boisterous and energetic child and his sometimes unruly behaviour with other children at child care became of concern the foster mother.

. . .

On the morning of September 12, his foster grandmother told police, William was 'full of beans, jumping out of his skin with energy'.

She described him as 'a very masculine child' who when he was playing on her deck that morning 'rolled the dice very hard'.

Jumping out of his skin with energy ... an accident waiting to happen, perhaps?

. . .

The foster father had driven off that morning in the family's new 2014 model grey green Land Rover Discovery to get a prescription filled at Lakewood, 8km away, and hold an online business conference via the GoToMeeting conference app.

FF says "near Laurieton". Google map shows them to be 7 min (5.2 km) apart. I guess that's near in country town distance terms.
Sounds to me like a woman who did not like the child much.

From above article:
"The foster mother, who has a sister and two brothers, had intervened in a minor squabble between two of her siblings over property stored at her mother's Kendall house ahead of its proposed imminent sale."

I wonder what that was about! Did one of her siblings felt hard done by?

Minor squabble, or pistols at dawn?

Interesting that she intervened. From listening to her interviews, I have already gained the impression that she has a controlling personality.

They fostered a couple of children short term before being granted seven-month-old William Tyrrell in 2012.

William bonded with his foster father almost immediately, was slower to take to his foster mother but not long before he vanished had started calling her 'Mum'.

Foster parents got him at 7 months and FM says he was three and half when reported missing.. So it seems that it took almost 3 years for William to "take" to his foster mother. That's quite a while, IMO.
Blaming the child for her inability to bond with him.

I think one needs to remember that WT was still seeing his Bio-mum every month and he was probably feeling torn about the situation.

Our kids were in open adoptions at a young age and it was complicated for them and very emotional and can be confusing.

I am not sure that one can assume that his reluctance to bond with his foster mom was because she was a 'bad' care taker. I think it can also be attributed to the complex emotional situation he was in as a foster child. JMO

I think one needs to remember that WT was still seeing his Bio-mum every month and he was probably feeling torn about the situation.

Our kids were in open adoptions at a young age and it was complicated for them and very emotional and can be confusing.

I am not sure that one can assume that his reluctance to bond with his foster mom was because she was a 'bad' care taker. I think it can also be attributed to the complex emotional situation he was in as a foster child. JMO

Yet he bonded quickly with FD so I don’t think that’s anything to go by IMO.

It’s super strange that he didn’t bond with her for over 3 years when she was him primary carer. MOO

IIRC, those access visits were only 1 hour long?
It doesn't matter. A child has a strong connection to his birth family. [physically, emotionally, psychologically] The first 7 months of his life he was nurtured, breast fed, talked to solely by his bio-mum. Then separated from her, probably shifted around for awhile, then given to another family to be cared for. It creates confusion.

Meanwhile, every month he would be hugged by and loved on by his bio mum and that triggers a strong innate emotional response in the child. As was said in the emails between the social workers in this case, it can create sleep problems and emotional issues in children right after their bio-family visits.

There's something I don't understand. The fosters wanted anonymity for themselves and LT however LT's information is not a secret. She's been listed in news articles which to me means that anyone who's child was in a class with her or playgroup would know the story since it's been all over the media especially when WT first disappeared.
Maybe it doesn't ring a bell to others of who she is but I find that hard to believe which to me means there should be no reason to keep the foster family's identity a secret except for it being their preference. Now that LE has named the FM as a POI her identity should be revealed. That's IMO of course.

From above article:
"The foster mother, who has a sister and two brothers, had intervened in a minor squabble between two of her siblings over property stored at her mother's Kendall house ahead of its proposed imminent sale."

I wonder what that was about! Did one of her siblings felt hard done by?
Typical family stuff

Yet he bonded quickly with FD so I don’t think that’s anything to go by IMO.

It’s super strange that he didn’t bond with her for over 3 years when she was him primary carer. MOO

That could be because he didn't have a close bond with his bio father?

Have you ever experienced being one of the participants in an 'open' adoption arrangement? I think if you were one of the people involved in the 'triad', as it is called, you might better understand how emotionally complex the situation can be.

here is an excerpt from one article explaining what I mean:

The open adoption experience can vary with every child.
For an adopted child, possible disadvantages of open adoption include:
  • Reduced ability to assimilate into a family– Interaction with the birth family may make it harder for the child to assimilate into the adoptive family.
  • Sense of rejection– If for some reason there is no longer any contact between the birth family and the adoptive family, the adopted child can feel rejected.
  • Peer communications- The adopted child who has on-going interaction with his or her birth family can struggle with the need to explain the various relationships to his peers.
  • Power struggles– The adopted child may try to manipulate the adoptive and the birth family by playing one against the other.
  • Identify confusion– As the child matures, he or she might experience a greater struggle with identity from trying to make sense of family history and genealogy information involving more than one family.
Open Adoption Disadvantages | American Pregnancy Association

It doesn't matter. A child has a strong connection to his birth family. [physically, emotionally, psychologically] The first 7 months of his life he was nurtured, breast fed, talked to solely by his bio-mum. Then separated from her, probably shifted around for awhile, then given to another family to be cared for. It creates confusion.

Meanwhile, every month he would be hugged by and loved on by his bio mum and that triggers a strong innate emotional response in the child. As was said in the emails between the social workers in this case, it can create sleep problems and emotional issues in children right after their bio-family visits.

Nope but when you add in that she is now a suspect in her adopted sons disappearance then everything needs to be consider.

We know William was quick to warm to FD and yet it seems he didn’t warm to her and it took years.

There's something I don't understand. The fosters wanted anonymity for themselves and LT however LT's information is not a secret. She's been listed in news articles which to me means that anyone who's child was in a class with her or playgroup would know the story since it's been all over the media especially when WT first disappeared.
Maybe it doesn't ring a bell to others of who she is but I find that hard to believe which to me means there should be no reason to keep the foster family's identity a secret except for it being their preference. Now that LE has named the FM as a POI her identity should be revealed. That's IMO of course.

William's sister has not been named. People refer to her as Lindsay (LT) as the result of a journalist assigning her that name for the sake of a podcast series.

As a foster child, the law here protects her privacy and that law extends to the foster family.

Given the degree of suppression orders involved, I'm not even sure that the foster parents could choose to 'out' themselves even if they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23