Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like they’ve found something!
Or that they're discontinuing the search? At the start, I believe it was reported that in two weeks time it would be decided whether to proceed? Does anyone remember that? But fingers crossed anyway.

ETA:
"NSW Police Minister David Elliott says detectives will announce whether the William Tyrrell investigation will be “taken further” at the end of the latest search in Kendall.

Specific new information led Strike Force Rosann investigators this week back to the Mid North Coast town, where officers searched a five-metre square patch of bushland a kilometre from where William disappeared.

The former foster-mother of William Tyrrell leaves her home in Sydney.Credit:Kate Geraghty

“Police have obviously established a [strike] force ... we expect that [search] will go over at least two weeks. When that is completed, the police will be making an appropriate announcement,” Mr Elliott said on Thursday."

William Tyrrell search: NSW Police to determine whether investigation will continue

Or that they're discontinuing the search? At the start, I believe it was reported that in two weeks time it would be decided whether to proceed? Does anyone remember that? But fingers crossed anyway.
But since then they have changed that, and said it would continue for 4 more weeks at least. They need to wait for the soil to be processed and the materials to be tested before they give up.

But since then they have changed that, and said it would continue for 4 more weeks at least. They need to wait for the soil to be processed and the materials to be tested before they give up.

It's been raining cats and dogs. Maybe they will announce a suspension of on the ground work until the weather improves.

News has also said that the lab was working furiously away at determining if there was a link between the items LE discovered and W... if at the end of two weeks, which we're now at, they had found nothing... and those results came back with nothing.. it could be the opposite, that's all I'm saying. Have to wait for another hour!

That could be because he didn't have a close bond with his bio father

RSBM. This is a very good point. WT is known to have been exposed to domestic abuse and parental substance misuse as a baby. In that context, his experience of receiving care will have been inconsistent, and his perception of caregivers may have been that they were unreliable and untrustworthy IMO.

These early experiences form a sort of ‘blueprint’ for how one relates to and interacts with others and the world around them. That working model can change with restorative, therapeutic work but it doesn’t happen overnight. Sometimes the maladaptive coping strategies and defence mechanisms adopted by an infant or child are so ingrained, they can persist into adulthood.

It’s possible WT responded well to MFC because he had lacked, therefore craved, a stable relationship with his bio Dad. Or even because he had a positive experience of his bio Dad. WT may have been much more weary of FFC because he had a strong attachment with his bio Mum, or alternatively because he had experienced bio Mum as less emotionally available therefore had an innate expectation that all female caregivers would be the same.

I am not saying that WT’s bio parents were actively abusive or neglectful, it it very clear they loved WT; However, when you are living a chaotic lifestyle, I imagine it is can be very difficult to care for yourself never mind meet the needs of dependent children. Where addiction is a factor, it is very common for a parent to prioritise their own needs above a child’s.

WT’s behavioural issues have been hinted at and it is entirely possible that he was having trouble regulating an intense level of feelings associated with the complex circumstances of his short life. Of course that would be difficult for a FC to manage, particularly one who had committed to a dream of providing a child with a better life. It’s all too easy to imagine how drained a FC may be, how they may feel dejected and despondent. They’re human.

Did the reality of caring for a traumatised child cause FFC to snap and harm WT? Only she knows. I just don’t think some of the harsh judgement on this threads is helpful, it actually perpetuates the stigma towards alternative care and negativity towards FACS in general. The system isn’t perfect and might not always get it right, but it also does a lot of good, we just don’t hear about that because a success story just isn’t as newsworthy as a scandal.

JMOO based on experience of working with looked after children and studying psychodynamic theory.

From above article:
"The foster mother, who has a sister and two brothers, had intervened in a minor squabble between two of her siblings over property stored at her mother's Kendall house ahead of its proposed imminent sale."

I wonder what that was about! Did one of her siblings felt hard done by?
Yes that was interesting, the thought came to mind was it one of FMs siblings who was buying the house hence a squabble over property there.

The siblings dont seem to have featured at all in any appeals or searches for William, I realise they could be helping anonymously though.

Tried to make this post last night, but prevented due to website being closed for the night; here it is now:

The discrepancies between the statements of FGM, FFC and MFC, with regard to the unfolding of events around WT’s disappearance, make it very difficult to get an accurate picture of what actually occurred.

Although it would be difficult for each of them to accurately pinpoint the exact time that each event occurred, it is very surprising to hear FFC and MFC articulate so succinctly in their interviews, their stories of the events.

When listening to the interviews with the FFC and the MFC, my view is that their style of speech seems to be very much like story-telling….embellished here and there for the benefit of the listener; quite polished. JMO

Yes that was interesting, the thought came to mind was it one of FMs siblings who was buying the house hence a squabble over property there.

It says property stored there. Maybe a bunch of sibling's old furniture in the garage or under the house.

The siblings dont seem to have featured at all in any appeals or searches for William, I realise they could be helping anonymously though.

They'd have to be anonymous because identifying them would likely identify the foster mother.

This whole suppression thing puts both foster and bio families in a very difficult position. In other circumstances, we would expect to see the relatives rallying to the cause, openly appearing in the media, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow