Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately SA, quite often live feed news articles that are pinned on live news feeds change very suddenly. This morning when I attempted to open the link you provided there was only a 1:35 second video and as I indicated this morning, I did not hear Bennett say anything about what you stated when you posted the link quote "He said they have never nominated any particular person of interest". (bolded by you).

After returning home today, I have tried (again) to open the link you provided to listen to Bennett and hear what he said in context of any interaction he had with media representatives Q & Q, and there is not even a Bennett interview available, the link appears to be no longer valid.
Australia news LIVE: William Tyrrell update given by NSW Police, Greg Lynn charged with Russell Hill, Carol Clay murders, Victoria COVID cases grow, NSW COVID cases grow, NSW masks to end at Christmas, Victoria vaccination rate hits target

Is there anyway of validating what was actually said by Bennett. A transcript? TIA
Try this link to see the press conference in full.

Unfortunately SA, quite often live feed news articles that are pinned on live news feeds change very suddenly. This morning when I attempted to open the link you provided there was only a 1:35 second video and as I indicated this morning, I did not hear Bennett say anything about what you stated when you posted the link quote "He said they have never nominated any particular person of interest". (bolded by you).

After returning home today, I have tried (again) to open the link you provided to listen to Bennett and hear what he said in context of any interaction he had with media representatives Q & Q, and there is not even a Bennett interview available, the link appears to be no longer valid.
Australia news LIVE: William Tyrrell update given by NSW Police, Greg Lynn charged with Russell Hill, Carol Clay murders, Victoria COVID cases grow, NSW COVID cases grow, NSW masks to end at Christmas, Victoria vaccination rate hits target

Is there anyway of validating what was actually said by Bennett. A transcript? TIA
Try this link to see the press conference in full.

Most evidence of crimes is circumstantial. Only proven eye witness accounts are not circumstantial.

Even DNA is circumstantial evidence. A lot of people think that circumstantial evidence is less valid than direct, but it is not. Most criminals, afterall, don't murder people in front of others. Nearly all convictions are achieved based on circumstantial evidence.

Circumstantial evidence - Wikipedia

Edit CEMETERY IS UPHILL !
See comment below from member @SouthAussie.

(As William seemed to be somewhat
Hyper I would argue that Uphill vs
Downhill would not be an obstacle
to him if extra effort was involved)

It does seem to be rather obvious.
Hence my argument above.
That should be the FIRST place she
looked considering the children had
been making drawings to place upon
the gravesite.

The Kendall Cemetery is downhill from 48 Benaroon Drive and is accessed via Ellendale Crescent.

upload_2021-11-27_0-42-56.png

Street view shows uphill direction from cnr Ellendale Crescent to 48 Benaroon - which is top righthand side of road. Therefore from 48 Benaroon it would be downhill to Ellendale Crescent.

At cemetery end of Ellendale there is a path that leads to the cemetery

upload_2021-11-27_0-48-21.png

I am not aware of any evidence that suggests William walked to the cemetery.

Even DNA is circumstantial evidence. A lot of people think that circumstantial evidence is less valid than direct, but it is not. Most criminals, afterall, don't murder people in front of others. Nearly all convictions are achieved based on circumstantial evidence.

Would you know what percentage of successful prosecution/convictions a achieved as consequence of a Trial based on circumstantial evidence ( in cases that involve cases of a similar nature to William's disappearance?) TIA

Something I haven’t seen mentioned is when or where exactly would the FM have gotten the keys to take the car driving ? Where does this fit in the timeline ?

As to where: It was her mother's car so I guess the keys were in the house, on a hook or on a table.

(For those overseas: We don't tend to leave keys in the ignition in Oz, in fact doing so is illegal in some states.)

Can't say about the when.

Something I haven’t seen mentioned is when or where exactly would the FM have gotten the keys to take the car driving ? Where does this fit in the timeline ?

Is your question related to the FGM's Mazda car? If so, I assume the key would have been inside the 48 Benaroon house somewhere. Maybe the FFC asked her mother (the FGM) for the key.

Is your question related to the FGM's Mazda car? If so, I assume the key would have been inside the 48 Benaroon house somewhere. Maybe the FFC asked her mother (the FGM) for the key.
I haven’t read anywhere, in any statements from FM Or FGM about this. So that’s kinda my point. Did she tell her mother she was taking the car ? Why hasn’t that been mentioned. If the keys were inside the house, then after checking the yard, the FM would have needed to go back upstairs for the keys (you’d expect)

I haven’t read anywhere, in any statements from FM Or FGM about this. So that’s kinda my point. Did she tell her mother she was taking the car ? Why hasn’t that been mentioned. If the keys were inside the house, then after checking the yard, the FM would have needed to go back upstairs for the keys (you’d expect)

She also checked inside the house.

She raced around the property, looking in every cupboard and every bush for a sign of his red Spiderman suit.
Coroner hears from William Tyrrell's carer

Very interesting! This news video states that both the FFC and the MFC are now the new focus. It does not say it is just the FFC.

I think it’s because they are both going to be questioned. I still think just one is the focus, but they will need the testimony of both. After all, it will be the MFC who can testify that FFC said “he was here five minutes ago, he was here five minutes ago”. IMO

Interesting I did not know that DNA was circumstantial evidence, but that could make sense now that I think about it because don't all of us leave our DNA everywhere and on thing we touch ? Good point. IMO

Would you know what percentage of successful prosecution/convictions a achieved as consequence of a Trial based on circumstantial evidence ( in cases that involve cases of a similar nature to William's disappearance?) TIA

I don't know off the top of my head for cases involving missing toddlers, as they are rare and the data samples would be small enough that the statistics wouldn't be significant, but IMO, in the case of criminal prosecutions for murder, nearly all (over 90%) have no direct evidence, i'd hazard a guess.

All forensic evidence is circumstantial, and it is forensic evidence that most often achieves convictions.

Direct evidence (with the exclusion of CCTV) is considered less reliable in most cases than circumstantial evidence, because people's memories are notoriously subjective and fallible and prone to degradation with the passage of time.

Interesting I did not know that DNA was circumstantial evidence, but that could make sense now that I think about it because don't all of us leave our DNA everywhere and on thing we touch ? Good point. IMO

A simple way I heard a QC criminal prosecutor explain it was to imagine that someone was murdered on a boat. Police find John Smith's DNA on that boat. That evidence doesn't mean that John Smith murdered the victim, but it does mean that at some point in time it is most probable that John Smith was on that boat.
The prosecution would need to establish the circumstances around why and when John Smith was on that boat, inter alia, in order to establish that he murdered the victim. :)

I watched a program we have here in Australia that will call out the news media on misinformation or hyping up stories. I haven't see this program mentioned on here so am not sure if i could provide any links to it. I have read through all the rules for posting and am still confused ,not new for me tbh. If anyone could tell me if I can quote from a Australian program that would be great.

A simple way I heard a QC criminal prosecutor explain it was to imagine that someone was murdered on a boat. Police find John Smith's DNA on that boat. That evidence doesn't mean that John Smith murdered the victim, but it does mean that at some point in time it is most probable that John Smith was on that boat.
The prosecution would need to establish the circumstances around why and when John Smith was on that boat in order to establish that he murdered the victim. :)
I love this type of explanation keep it coming :) thanks

Another side of this: "It is easier to exclude a suspect than to convict someone based on a DNA match. The FBI estimates that one-third of initial rape suspects are excluded because DNA samples fail to match."

Can DNA Demand a Verdict?

If anyone could tell me if I can quote from a Australian program that would be great.

Of course you can, but the rules require you to provide a link to the program being quoted from ... and I guess you are meaning Media Watch, which has been linked to here quite recently here.

And it really helps when quoting from a program to give the time mark where the quoted material is mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member