Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why aim to take WT only ? What about the sister???

Not possible.
She was around 5 years of age.
She would RUN- arguably.
And scream.
And resist.
And make a massive fuss.
And perhaps she liked the new arrangement

<modsnip: No link to support information stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
Here he is talking to police. If police had've put any weight on his story, they could have re-staged it and seen for themselves the likelihood of his observations being accurate.

(When asked why he did not alert police about the potential sighting until weeks later, Mr Chapman said he was waiting for police to come and interview him.

"The detective in charge made several announcements on TV that they were going to come and interview people within a 1-kilometre radius," he said.

"I was waiting for a knock on the door … it was several weeks later.

The inquest heard Mr Chapman was not formally interviewed by detectives for six months.)

Neighbour of William Tyrrell describes the day he disappeared
I remember him as being the man, who said also, he didn't want to call the FGM because of her "not-so-friendly" nature (more specific wording ;)).

Here he is talking to police. If police had've put any weight on his story, they could have re-staged it and seen for themselves the likelihood of his observations being accurate.

(When asked why he did not alert police about the potential sighting until weeks later, Mr Chapman said he was waiting for police to come and interview him.

"The detective in charge made several announcements on TV that they were going to come and interview people within a 1-kilometre radius," he said.

"I was waiting for a knock on the door … it was several weeks later.

The inquest heard Mr Chapman was not formally interviewed by detectives for six months.)

Neighbour of William Tyrrell describes the day he disappeared

Out of interest, this is what the forensic psychologist had to say at the inquest re RC’s account:

The expert was also questioned about Ronald Chapman’s account of seeing William dressed in a Spider-Man suit being driven past his home on 12 September.

The Kendall resident told the inquest in March 2020 that he was “sure” the boy he saw in the back of a Toyota LandCruiser was William.

Paterson said Chapman’s retelling of the memory changed over time, with an initial mention of a cape not appearing later and the latter accounts told with more confidence and accuracy about key events.

The memory expert said it could be the case Chapman was incorporating “post-event information”, such as news reports, in his memory reconstruction. She said her evidence assumed Chapman and the foster mother were giving accounts in good faith.

“There are ways that people can report information that is not true but they are not lying,” Paterson said.

William Tyrrell's foster mother could have created false memory about parked cars, inquest told

It reminds of the guy in the Gabby Petito case who swore 100% that he saw and spoke to Brian Laundrie near the Appalachian Trail. I still believe that guy… not that he actually saw BL of course, since it turns out he was dead, but that he truly believed he did.

.... Paterson said Chapman’s retelling of the memory changed over time, with an initial mention of a cape not appearing later and the latter accounts told with more confidence and accuracy about key events.

The memory expert said it could be the case Chapman was incorporating “post-event information”, such as news reports, in his memory reconstruction. She said her evidence assumed Chapman and the foster mother were giving accounts in good faith.

“There are ways that people can report information that is not true but they are not lying,” Paterson said.

<modsnip>

Had he taken the initiative and called police the night he became aware of the disappearance via the TV news, then he'd have been fresher and might have been taken more seriously.

If the first attending Senior Constable Christopher Rowley had checked and found the vehicle engine/bonnet still warm (having arrived there within 6 minutes) this would have been noted! JMO

The timing of events of WT's disappearance and the FC's descriptions of the morning's events and initial searching, probably are as confusing to the LE...... as they are to us.

It does concern me that the inconsistencies were not highlighted until the Inquest. Surely a key skill in LE is an inquiring, curious mind? Why didn’t the statements RE the timeline raise flags with LE in the beginning?

RE LE not checking the bonnet, they apparently checked a cup of tea as it was noted to be still warm when the first officer arrived.

Does anyone know if the FFC specifically said she went in the car as far as the riding school before calling LE? Is it possible she did this after LE arrived, whilst others continued to search elsewhere?

I don't think William is wearing a bike helmet in this photograph and the photograph was released by NSWPOL (logo in bottom left-side viewable in link). Obviously an adult was with William at the time! I wonder why NSWPOL chose this particular photo to release?

William Tyrrell: Inside privileged life of foster mother, why she hates Spiderman photo | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 324156

I believe that was a screenshot from a video clip of WT giggling and having fun.

Listen to missing William Tyrrell's infectious giggle as he laughs and talks in home videos | Daily Mail Online

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped due to no link>

Does anyone know if the FFC specifically said she went in the car as far as the riding school before calling LE? Is it possible she did this after LE arrived, whilst others continued to search elsewhere?
@drsleuth attended the inquest and stated here in a previous post that FFC said she went driving searching after MFC arrived home. MFC arrived back around 1035 and the first LE arrived around 1106. When LE arrived FFC would have had to give details and stay put in case WT appeared, I doubt LE would allow her drive off .(moo).

“The searching is twofold, to try and find something that connects to the disappearance of William Tyrrell and also to eliminate those locations relevant to the investigation,” he said.

Weather to extend search for William Tyrrell

Thank you for pointing that out South Aussie. I thought it was the most indicative point made in the presser. The journalist has left out 'as' and the end of his sentence though.

"The searching is twofold, to try and find something that connects to the disappearance of William Tyrrell and also to eliminate those locations as relevant to the investigation, but no matter what happens the investigation will go on."

Last edited:
Unfortunately SA, quite often live feed news articles that are pinned on live news feeds change very suddenly. This morning when I attempted to open the link you provided there was only a 1:35 second video and as I indicated this morning, I did not hear Bennett say anything about what you stated when you posted the link quote "He said they have never nominated any particular person of interest". (bolded by you).

After returning home today, I have tried (again) to open the link you provided to listen to Bennett and hear what he said in context of any interaction he had with media representatives Q & Q, and there is not even a Bennett interview available, the link appears to be no longer valid.
Australia news LIVE: William Tyrrell update given by NSW Police, Greg Lynn charged with Russell Hill, Carol Clay murders, Victoria COVID cases grow, NSW COVID cases grow, NSW masks to end at Christmas, Victoria vaccination rate hits target

Is there anyway of validating what was actually said by Bennett. A transcript? TIA
Trying to catch up, so disregard if already posted. It's at 5:00 in this youtube link:

Not possible.
She was around 5 years of age.
She would RUN- arguably.
And scream.
And resist.
And make a massive fuss.
And perhaps she liked the new arrangement

<modsnip: No link to support information stated as fact>
I wonder if BM had visitation with both children or just him and in which case why not the sister? Am trying to imagine how that alone would have made a 5 y o feel seeing brother go off but be excluded ???

@drsleuth attended the inquest and stated here in a previous post that FFC said she went driving searching after MFC arrived home. MFC arrived back around 1035 and the first LE arrived around 1106. When LE arrived FFC would have had to give details and stay put in case WT appeared, I doubt LE would allow her drive off .(moo).

Thank you. My brain is mush. I wonder why she didn’t take the family car. If MFC had just arrived back, would that car have blocked FGM’s in? Just pondering.

The inquest heard about ‘a "creepy" service station worker who helped in the search for William days before he was arrested for sexually abusing intellectually disabled men’. Anyone heard of any further investigation into this guy? Initials RD.

Info from:

Court closed for some Tyrrell witnesses

Last edited:
I wonder if BM had visitation with both children or just him and in which case why not the sister? Am trying to imagine how that alone would have made a 5 y o feel seeing brother go off but be excluded ???

Any personal information relating to WT’s sister will be suppressed. Even if she did attend family contact visits alongside him, we wouldn’t be privy to that info.

I will speculate, however, that it would be unusual for siblings in the same placement not to have joint contact. JMOO.

I don't think William is wearing a bike helmet in this photograph and the photograph was released by NSWPOL (logo in bottom left-side viewable in link). Obviously an adult was with William at the time! I wonder why NSWPOL chose this particular photo to release?

William Tyrrell: Inside privileged life of foster mother, why she hates Spiderman photo | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 324156
It does not matter if there was an adult with him or not. It is dangerous to be on a road without a helmet, as well as being the law to wear an approved helmet.

I don't think that what she said at the inquest is in doubt, some are concerned about what she told police on the day he disappeared.

So what does 'long term 'out of home' care mean? They are just going to leave the children with the foster family indefinitely, with hour long bi-monthly visits ? o_O

That sounds traumatic in itself, imo.
Adoption in Australia of Australian-born citizens is rare but it does happen. In my job, I have seen it occur. A close friend of mine adopted three siblings (within the past 10 or so years) and the story is not dissimilar to that of WT and LT's experience. The only difference perhaps was that the biological parents (who are still together) continued to commit crimes (at one point resulting in an ankle bracelet on the BM), continued to take drugs (BF) and never were able to get organised enough for their children to return home (the children were found to be living in squalor prior to them being taken). Apparently both parents also had cognitive delays. Having said that, I have heard about the way in which FACS and the parents 'work together' to reduce visits by reporting every little inappropriate thing that would go on during those visits. I remember thinking, "those bio parents don't stand a chance against my highly-educated friend." My friend had embraced the children as 'her children' very early in the piece. It never sat right with me, but ultimately, due to a number of let-downs and disappointments, the children no longer show any interest in their biological parents. Perhaps the fast-tracking of the adoption in this case is what was needed for these kids to move on and forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks