GUILTY UK - Bobbi-Anne Mcleod,18, ‘did not arrive to meet friends’ Plymouth, 20 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

I'm watching the comments with curiosity as I feel like there's some kind of 'lookism' going on here...as if there's a human desire that good looking people aren't bad people because they're nice looking, and that a bad person must be horrible and scary looking...a way to make sense of the world. But a very naive way.

I have noticed some attackers and killers have been nice looking men. Libby's killer, PR, he was a nice looking young man and look what he was in to? The boy who murdered the little girl on Bute was a nice looking boy (except for his eyes). But there was something very wrong inside those looks.

I think it's about some human desire to be able to recognise evil and know what to avoid. An expectation that a decent looking young man can get girls without attacking them. But what if inside they have the desire to feel someone's life slipping away in their hands? And remember it's a power thing, control over the life of another human being, the ultimate control to take the life of another human being. It's not about sex as most of us understand sex. That's what I meant when I said I don't believe it was about sex, yet I still expect some kind of sex assault component to it. The Yorkshire Ripper had a sexual component to it.

Its not the actual looks but how they act. Smiling and charismatic and the confidence that you need to be on stage coming through (like in this case) vs scowling and unkempt and in general a slight discontent at people around (yet again I'm using the keyham shooter as they are close together). If you were to put those 2 in a room you'd feel more at ease with one over the other regardless how they looked.

Edit: does the mods want a copy of my driving licence or am I OK mentioning the areas events without it?

“Section 114(2) provides that bail may not be granted to someone charged with murder unless the court is satisfied that there is no significant risk that, if released on bail, that person would commit an offence that would be likely to cause physical or mental injury to another person. In coming to that decision, the court must have regard to the nature and seriousness of the offence, the suspects character and antecedents and his record in relation to previous grants of bail.”

Would they have to explain more about the crime at a bail hearing so that the judge has more context?

I'm watching the comments with curiosity as I feel like there's some kind of 'lookism' going on here...as if there's a human desire that good looking people aren't bad people because they're nice looking, and that a bad person must be horrible and scary looking...a way to make sense of the world. But a very naive way.

I have noticed some attackers and killers have been nice looking men. Libby's killer, PR, he was a nice looking young man and look what he was in to? The boy who murdered the little girl on Bute was a nice looking boy (except for his eyes). But there was something very wrong inside those looks.

I think it's about some human desire to be able to recognise evil and know what to avoid. An expectation that a decent looking young man can get girls without attacking them. But what if inside they have the desire to feel someone's life slipping away in their hands? And remember it's a power thing, control over the life of another human being, the ultimate control to take the life of another human being. It's not about sex as most of us understand sex. That's what I meant when I said I don't believe it was about sex, yet I still expect some kind of sex assault component to it. The Yorkshire Ripper had a sexual component to it.

I knew I should have clarified my own post earlier…

There is no “lookism” on my part and it’s interesting people went right to that based on comments that a suspect wasn’t what might be expected. I’m a lesbian and don’t find men attractive at all, nor am I (I am told) very good at telling you which ones are objectively good-looking…

My surprise was because this seems to be a socially functional person, who is popular. Naturally, much more may emerge and there’s no reason such a person may not be a suspect in a case like this either, as such, and I can see why people would challenge my instincts there — but that was what my comment was based on.

I wonder if the mobile phone was also left at the bus-stop and picked up by someone thinking "cool a free phone" but then handed it in when they realised it had something to do with the investigation once the police mentioned the place she was last seen.

This is purely MOO: I think it was Cody that handed the phone in at the police station. He knew the police would obtain the phone data and tower pings to try and find her. If he told them he'd found the phone and it had been in his possession with the intent of handing it in, then it would render any location data as useless, because Bobbi had "lost" her phone.

Looks mean nothing

The stereotype of murderers being the local weirdo, loner, eccentric looking are way off the mark - Barry George, Chris Jefferies, Colin Stagg etc were all innocent but were blamed because they fitted that stereotype

Whereas Jamie Reynolds, Jesse Kempson, Cody Ackland look like the type you would bring home to your parents for tea if you dating them, all 3 committed terrible crimes (allegedly but very likely in Ackland’s case)

Even Wayne Couzens looked a nice guy in a lot of pics

This is actually a good article by the daily mail with a few subtle details including a timeline.

Link: Man, 24, is charged with murdering 18-year-old Bobbi-Anne McLeod | Daily Mail Online

when you look at the timeline - her phone being handed in on the Monday (disappearance on Saturday) - (agree very odd about who handed it in) then body found not until Tuesday, kind of evident if Cody had handed in the phone, he hadn’t confessed at that point.
Other interesting detail was phone cycling through voicemail and then ringing through with no answer - someone still using/monitoring it, or going somewhere isolated with no signal.

If phone handed in by member of public who found it but still large area to search, suggests phone wasn’t found near body. Had it been thrown out of a moving vehicle/buried? Or indeed was it Cody.

All very mysterious…

I

My surprise was because this seems to be a socially functional person, who is popular. Naturally, much more may emerge and there’s no reason such a person may not be a suspect in a case like this either, as such, and I can see why people would challenge my instincts there — but that was what my comment was based on.

This is like what I was thinking too about this character … is there any suggestion of anti social behavior in his past, even if not of the same scale? His appearance / persona seems like someone socially successful, which seems contrary to expectation of past anti-social behavior… AFAIK most predators start smaller & work up to the most heinous acts

Also I found a site that reviewed Rakuda’s music. He was the main songwriter. It reviews the music as aggressive and the lyrics as assertive and arrogant “I want to enter your mind, enter your soul etc”.

the above might be complete frippery just thought it was interesting. Trying to find actual song lyrics!

Re the phone: perhaps it was also left at the bus stop but someone thought it significant enough to pick up and hand to the next bus driver, and the bus company made the connection and handed it in on Monday?

Based on nothing but gut instinct at the moment I'm leaning towards him pulling over and wanting her to go with him and when she couldn't be persuaded he dragged her into a vehicle.
Will be interesting to hear where he had been prior to seeing her ...had he had a drink ? Was he wound up by something? ...could be totally wrong but I can't see that he was cruising round looking for a victim

Not sure why people are assuming someone in a band must be socially adequate or outgoing. As someone who used to manage bands I can assure you I came across many guys who had terrible social skills and anxiety once they put their guitars/drum sticks down. Alcohol plays a big part in being a social-crutch.

Also I found a site that reviewed Rakuda’s music. He was the main songwriter. It reviews the music as aggressive and the lyrics as assertive and arrogant “I want to enter your mind, enter your soul etc”.

the above might be complete frippery just thought it was interesting. Trying to find actual song lyrics!
I've been thinking similarly).
Mulling things over, I find it really difficult to understand how some perpetrators (such as Cody Ackland) throw everything away 'in order to commit a crime such as this'. They never seem to look at the prospect of losing their freedom if they abduct someone, assault them/kill them. I imagine in many (?) cases that their intention wasn't to kill, but, that ' things went wrong'. Or, they thought they'd simply get away with it?

I knew I should have clarified my own post earlier…

There is no “lookism” on my part and it’s interesting people went right to that based on comments that a suspect wasn’t what might be expected. I’m a lesbian and don’t find men attractive at all, nor am I (I am told) very good at telling you which ones are objectively good-looking…

I am a heterosexual woman and I certainly don't find him ugly, but to me, he is very ordinary looking, I would not say good looking. Although I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Not sure why people are assuming someone in a band must be socially adequate or outgoing. As someone who used to manage bands I can assure you I came across many guys who had terrible social skills and anxiety once they put their guitars/drum sticks down. Alcohol plays a big part in being a social-crutch.

There is a comment from someone who knew him on his most recent Instagram post that is interesting regarding something you mentioned here.

Last edited:
I've been thinking similarly).
Mulling things over, I find it really difficult to understand how some perpetrators (such as Cody Ackland) throw everything away 'in order to commit a crime such as this'. They never seem to look at the prospect of losing their freedom if they abduct someone, assault them/kill them. I imagine in many (?) cases that their intention wasn't to kill, but, that ' things went wrong'. Or, they thought they'd simply get away with it?
I would bet that there is some extreme *advertiser censored* in the mix and probably from an early age. They get twisted ideas about sex.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back