FL - Ryan Rogers, 14, fatally stabbed, Palm Beach Gardens, 16 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

I honestly don't think his parents had something to do with his murder, I still think it was another teenager (or a group of teens).
What makes you think that? Very interested in your theory as I am completely at a loss? Not much to work with. Any idea where bio Dad is? Was he in the picture? TIA

What makes you think that? Very interested in your theory as I am completely at a loss? Not much to work with. Any idea where bio Dad is? Was he in the picture? TIA

Yeah, not sure how someone would come up with a theory of 'teens' doing this. Not much of a statistical track record of that in other cases. There would be an extensive social media and phone record of teens interacting, security cameras, dash cams, door bell cams all over his neighborhood and the route to where they found him. Very hard to get to this being other kids his age. There would be chatter all over social media that the kids his age use, teens talk, alot. Teens panic, teens give things up quickly when interviewed by police. No, the overwhelming statistics would lead us to this being an adult.

Yeah, not sure how someone would come up with a theory of 'teens' doing this. Not much of a statistical track record of that in other cases. There would be an extensive social media and phone record of teens interacting, security cameras, dash cams, door bell cams all over his neighborhood and the route to where they found him. Very hard to get to this being other kids his age. There would be chatter all over social media that the kids his age use, teens talk, alot. Teens panic, teens give things up quickly when interviewed by police. No, the overwhelming statistics would lead us to this being an adult.
Agreed. I also get the impression that the bike may have been staged, as it was apparently laying in the grass, while his body was further away, down an embankment.

I think that location was a dumpsite, and not the scene of the murder itself.

Law enforcement isn't behaving as if they believe this was some sort of crime of opportunity, and the facts themselves (location, timing), don't really lend themselves to something like that.

I also don't like other kids doing something like this, for all the reasons you stated.

Close to home...

^^bbm

From the link below, we know RR's dad was grieving along with his mother at her home prior to the celebration of his life.

Palm Beach Gardens parents want info in Ryan Rogers' homicide

Nov 23, 2021

[..]

Police said they can’t release more information for fear of jeopardizing the investigation, but they have not put out an alert to the community to be on the watch for a killer, just a plea for tips from anyone who knows or saw anything.

A memorial to Ryan sits outside the Alton Town Center, just across the street from where Ryan’s mother lives, and where both parents spent the day as both friends and detectives visited.

A celebration of his life will be held Tuesday in North Palm Beach.

I honestly don't think his parents had something to do with his murder, I still think it was another teenager (or a group of teens).

I agree.
IMHO parents had nothing to do with this.
IMHO it could be another kid.
IMHO Ryan was a very talented soccer player.
IMHO his ball handling skills could embarrass or humiliate other players.

But IMHO this could also be a sicko that did this.
Because IMHO you have to have some courage to be in that dark area near the interstate at night.
IMHO you would have to be very comfortable in those woods and that area in the daytime to go there at night.
IMHO those woods are trimmed back regularly by people that landscape that area for Old Palm where some homes IMHO sell for $10 million+.
IMHO a sicko would need to have planned this in some way to avoid detection by cameras at major intersections and at entrances to some of the communities nearby.
IMHO if a vehicle was involved in moving Ryan, the driver would need to know where to park to avoid detection because IMHO it's impossible to park anywhere within a 1/4 mile of that spot without someone noticing because IMHO there is no place to park on that road unless on the shoulder.
IMHO a person that spends a lot of time in that area would know where to park or might have access to park near those woods. Google Maps

Last edited:
Terri Parker, investigative reporter (MSM) commented on a recent post of hers on FB, the following:

"exactly - they've got through checking a lot of them but more to go".

This was in reference to a question posed by someone asking if there was any video of him leaving house, at major intersections, etc.

Terri Parker, investigative reporter (MSM) commented on a recent post of hers on FB, the following:

"exactly - they've got through checking a lot of them but more to go".

This was in reference to a question posed by someone asking if there was any video of him leaving house, at major intersections, etc.
Here's the link to what you're referencing.

https://fb.watch/9yDCdHxvPI/

Agreed. I also get the impression that the bike may have been staged, as it was apparently laying in the grass, while his body was further away, down an embankment.

I think that location was a dumpsite, and not the scene of the murder itself.

Law enforcement isn't behaving as if they believe this was some sort of crime of opportunity, and the facts themselves (location, timing), don't really lend themselves to something like that.

I also don't like other kids doing something like this, for all the reasons you stated.

Close to home...
I’m starting to lean this way myself. At first, I thought he may be meeting someone, but surely that would have been discovered by now.

I’m with you on the bike being staged. I believe this is someone he knew. JMO.

Just getting caught up on this case. A few questions I have are did any CCTV pick RR up anywhere along his alleged bike route? I would think that would have been one of the first things LE checked and they might still be checking through it. Anyhow, I see LE has ruled out an accident, my guess because the bike wasn’t damaged/mangled in any way. The bike found lying on the side of the road and his body found down an embankment imo is strange. If someone knocked him off bike with the object being abduction, I’d think he’d have been grabbed and taken to another location and this person would’ve had to have been strategically parked and grabbed RR without anyone seeing or hearing anything, and not seen on cameras?? It’s almost as though he was killed somewhere else and the bike was staged and body dumped down the embankment sometime later that night. Possibly. No warnings from LE of random crazed killer on the loose in the area. IMO, it appears to be a homicide too sophisticated for a teen or group of teens to pull off without being found out by now. The Mom’s statement:
'I was blessed to have him as my son. He was pretty easy as far teenagers go. Just a good kid. He didn’t talk back, always did what I asked (even if it took multiple times) he was helpful and kind and I miss him dearly. I also know in my heart of hearts that
he chose this time to leave this earth and he chose to do it a grand way.'

My heart was breaking as I began reading the statement however, the last sentence BBM struck me as extremely odd thing to say considering the circumstances. If I hadn’t read about the case before reading that statement, I’d think it was a parent reflecting on their child’s decision/choice to take their own life and leave this world. Not accusing anyone as it could have been said out of extreme shock and grief, idk. I fortunately have never been in this position but just find it extremely odd phrase there at the end of that statement. It’s still early in the case and will wait patiently until more info comes out. I read the bio Dad is in the area that RR lived with his Mom where memorials to Ryan are being placed and his friends and detectives visiting.

Lastly, wondering if RR’s Mom has a boyfriend/significant other.

Anyway, very very sad another great, promising young man with his whole life ahead of him taken way too soon. Tragic. :(

RIP Ryan.

IMHOO

ETA-clarity, and just read post upthread that LE apparently have more CCTV to go through. Good to know LE is on it and remaining tight-lipped to protect the integrity of the investigation. May justice be swift and harsh.

Last edited:
Just getting caught up on this case. A few questions I have are did any CCTV pick RR up on his alleged bike route? I would think that would have been one of the first things LE checked and they might still be checking through it. Anyhow, I see LE has ruled out an accident, my guess because the bike wasn’t damaged/mangled in any way. The bike found lying on the side of the road and his body found down an embankment imo is strange. If someone knocked him off bike with the object being abduction, I’d think he’d have been grabbed and taken to another location and this person would’ve had to have been strategically parked and grabbed RR without anyone seeing or hearing anything, and not seen on cameras?? It’s almost as though he was killed somewhere else and the bike was staged/body dumped down the embankment sometime later that night. Possibly. No warnings from LE of random crazed killer on the loose in the area. IMO, it appears to be a homicide too sophisticated for a teen or group of teens to pull off without being found out by now. The Mom’s statement:
'I was blessed to have him as my son. He was pretty easy as far teenagers go. Just a good kid. He didn’t talk back, always did what I asked (even if it took multiple times) he was helpful and kind and I miss him dearly. I also know in my heart of hearts that
he chose this time to leave this earth and he chose to do it a grand way.'

My heart was breaking as I began reading the statement however, the last sentence BBM struck me as extremely odd thing to say considering the circumstances. If I hadn’t read about the case before reading that statement, I’d think it was a parent reflecting on their child’s decision/choice to take their own life and leave this world. Not accusing anyone as it could have been said out of extreme shock and grief, idk. I fortunately have never been in this position but just find it extremely odd phrase there at the end of that statement. It’s still early in the case and will wait patiently until more info comes out. I read the bio Dad is in the area that RR lived with his Mom where memorials to Ryan being placed and his friends and detectives are visiting.

Lastly, wondering if RR’s Mom has a boyfriend.

Anyway, very very sad another great, promising young man with his whole life ahead of him taken way too soon. :(

RIP Ryan.

IMHOO

Great post! I spent hours driving the area today and identified the cameras at intersections and private communities around the crime scene to determine how someone could get into the area undetected. Long story short, Ryan IMHO had to ride past some traffic cameras between his home and the scene, if he did actually bike all the way there. I will post more on this another time.

I apologize for all the IMHO's in my posts. Awaiting verification from mods.

As for the odd statement, it was made BEFORE this case was deemed a homicide. I have cited it in earlier posts. Mom said that when it was still considered a solo bike accident, again cited in an earlier post.

Last edited:
I have followed a few other cases in the past - and something that is interesting to me is that LE is not releasing any footage or videos or anything. For example - if this is allowed - when Hannah Graham went missing several years ago, there was footage released of her walking around from local stores and security cameras, etc. it makes me curious why they haven’t shown anything in RR case. Either there is nothing to see or they don’t want us to see because it could maybe impede the investigation.

just an observation on my part.

I have followed a few other cases in the past - and something that is interesting to me is that LE is not releasing any footage or videos or anything. For example - if this is allowed - when Hannah Graham went missing several years ago, there was footage released of her walking around from local stores and security cameras, etc. it makes me curious why they haven’t shown anything in RR case. Either there is nothing to see or they don’t want us to see because it could maybe impede the investigation.

just an observation on my part.

IMO Nothing has been released because there's nothing to see. They can't find him on video. He would have had to pass Hood & Central. There are cameras. Nobody EVER bikes on Central at night. At least 100 people would have noticed and thought it was really weird and come forward to say they noticed. IMO, I don't think there is any evidence at all that he was out on his bike, and that's why we're hearing so little.

IMO Nothing has been released because there's nothing to see. They can't find him on video. He would have had to pass Hood & Central. There are cameras. Nobody EVER bikes on Central at night. At least 100 people would have noticed and thought it was really weird and come forward to say they noticed. IMO, I don't think there is any evidence at all that he was out on his bike, and that's why we're hearing so little.

Exactly, we live in Bent Tree, which is right next to the park and very close to where he was found. In 10 years we have never seen anyone, adult or kid, riding along Central after dark. When you go from PGA towards Hood Road, your car headlights light up that sidewalk where he was found. Traffic is heavy on a Monday this time of year up until at least 9 pm. The intersection of Hood and Central requires a pedestrian or bike to wait to cross the 6 lanes each way. He would have been at that intersection with many cars waiting at the light. Then cross Central, then cross back over Hood Road. At 6:40 pm on a Monday this time of year? IMHO, many would have seen him, yet I have not seen any posts on social media of anyone saying they saw him. I would estimate we have sat at that intersection 5000 times over the past 10 years. Never once seen anyone crossing after dark. Never seen a kid alone crossing any time of day. What baffles me is the timeline. He left his house at 6:39 his mother reported, according to the post by Major Rogers of Palm Beach Gardens police on the Nextdoor website. He was found at 9 am by a passer by right along the sidewalk of the only route to the closest park. I guess I am curious to what searching was done from lets say around 9 pm when you would think he would be considered missing, until 9 am? When was he actually reported missing to the police? To me that is a vital piece to solving the puzzle....was he reported missing to police at 9 pm Monday night?, 10 pm?, or 5 am Tuesday morning? The actual time he was officially reported missing IMHO is way more important than when he was supposed to have left on his bike.

Last edited:
A fourteen year old boy was murdered and there are crickets. Something is not right here. JMO

Very true. We live in the area and the parents here are quite concerned. There are neighborhoods loaded with kids all around where he was found and a huge park with 10 soccer fields near by. Yet we have received no guidance of what to be on the look out for. Besides a very generic statement on our police department twitter feed, we are pretty much just flying blind as parents in this area. What confuses us is years ago when a girl said a man in a car rolled down his window at the bus stop and started talking to her, we had a tremendous police response with a visible great increase in patrol cars and media response warning parents. Yet in this case we have a boy murdered in our area and almost no police response, have not seen even one patrol car in our neighborhood, the closest one to where he was found, the past 2 weeks. Needless to say, we are a bit confused.

Every case is different, every police department is different, but certain types of events are generally handled the same way.

If law enforcement was lost here, I'd expect a release of video, still photos, and a big press conference. I mean, there could be some predator on the loose.

Based on the circumstances and the LE response so far, I really think it's unlikely that some opportunistic stranger did this...

I agree. It is possible that Ryan's death occurred elsewhere and then his remains were dumped by the roadside.
Can we assume that Ryan's body (and bike) were transported by car to the dump site? I'm trying to figure out how anyone could quickly and quietly transport these heavy objects in the dark at like, 3am. Are golf carts used in this area? I thought I saw a photo of a golf cart driving along that roadway.
A small cart would be able to get places a car couldn't.

I couldn't find the exact reason Ryan left his house on that night. Was it released?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back