Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of Heidi on this Thanksgiving Day, and praying that her son and loved ones may find strength during this difficult time. Praying that Heidi will soon be found and they may get the answers they seek.

As long as we don't sleuth someone who is not a suspect (as I have just been reminded), fine. I would point out that the Court had no problem giving him full custody, and her lawyer did not object. Given the long legal history here, I suspect the Court knows the situation well. AFAIK (but of course I haven't sleuthed him) JW has a clean record -- so all his actions may have been in the interests of protecting BW.

Court didn’t give him full custody per se - it is a temporary emergency order. The order is not a ruling on her fitness as a parent.

Re all the LLC and LP shiz; run them through real property records and they may come up as sellers and buyers if properties that are being flipped. It’s very common for flippers to set up different LLCs and take out hard money loans to buy a property set up another as a partner for additional financing and then selling. When I did escrow I know one brokerage we worked with that did this and usually the llcs would be the property address sort of but not always, just random names and variations on things familiar.
This is why I think someone with enough knowledge but not enough to know these little details would pull Corp records thinking she had access to more than she actually does.

yes I think people may be making more out of the Corp filings than there really is. Like I said in previous threads when this was all discussed for pages and pages… I file and sign annual reports for work all the time. I don’t even work for some of the companies, they are just LLCs my boss has for his rental properties.

I have been thinking that when JS sent bank records to JW to show that HP was skimming money from him those records were not her personal bank account but one of the companies bank account. This makes more sense to me and also could point to a reason why HP may have taken off on her own. JMHO

The context for this discussion is the allegation against HP made by JS's assistant. Reading between the lines, I think JW is concerned that JS is setting HP up to take the fall for her boss's (possible) illegal activity. JW has no need to protect himself; he's not being accused of malfeasance. That's how I see it at the moment.

I have been thinking that when JS sent bank records to JW to show that HP was skimming money from him those records were not her personal bank account but one of the companies bank account. This makes more sense to me and also could point to a reason why HP may have taken off on her own. JMHO

Great idea but that's not what the new article quoted JW of saying:

"Wayne said he never returned the laptop and instead turned it over to the police.

He then spoke with the assistant again a few days later, but claimed this time the employee accused Planck of 'siphoning off money from the company.'

When Wayne said he didn't believe the accusations, the assistant allegedly claimed they had 'proof' and sent him several of Heidi's personal bank statements.

According to Wayne, he never looked at the bank documents in detail and gave them to the police and soon as he got them.

He said cops later told him that Heidi 'didn't have a lot of money in her accounts.'

Heidi Planck's ex-husband claims her boss was concerned about recovering her laptop | Daily Mail Online

"Wayne said he never returned the laptop and instead turned it over to the police.

He then spoke with the assistant again a few days later, but claimed this time the employee accused Planck of 'siphoning off money from the company.'

When Wayne said he didn't believe the accusations, the assistant allegedly claimed they had 'proof' and sent him several of Heidi's personal bank statements.

According to Wayne, he never looked at the bank documents in detail and gave them to the police and soon as he got them.

He said cops later told him that Heidi 'didn't have a lot of money in her accounts.'

Heidi Planck's ex-husband claims her boss was concerned about recovering her laptop | Daily Mail Online
This is all interesting. I had heard about her employer being more concerned about the computer than her. But this is the first time I've heard the accusation that she was siphoning off money and the employer has Heidi's PERSONAL bank statements. (What in the world would her employer be doing with her personal financial records?) The ex also mentions that Heidi didn't have a college degree and I assumed from reading her LinkdIn page that she did. (Not highly suspicious as I knew a few bookkeepers with no college degrees who were fairly savvy and I learned a few things from them. Even one who was hired to a high paying position as a consultant with consulting business.) I don't know what the salaries are like in Los Angeles with how much it costs to live there but $125K annual salary with monthly bonuses up $1.5K sounds good to me. Certainly more than I was making at age 38 or 39 with a degree, my CPA license and some experience.

Well I got that wrong. I'm back to wondering how in the world JS would have her personal bank records. I just don't see how that could happen. Could he have meant company bank accounts that she was personally responsible for?

The silence from LE, JW, Heidi's friends, and the media is baffling. Has LE made any progress in determining what may have happened to her? Do all these people who were initially speaking out have nothing more to say?

The silence from LE, JW, Heidi's friends, and the media is baffling. Has LE made any progress in determining what may have happened to her? Do all these people who were initially speaking out have nothing more to say?

Baffling is right. But it is also down right odd. When this first happened the ex and her friends couldn't stop talking and then all of a sudden nothing? To me the strangest thing is the silence from her family. If it was my daughter, sister or any family member I would be out every single day making sure that people and the media didn't forget about her. Has there been any organized searches? Have the family or friends put up a website? I looked and was not able to find anything. She is pretty much nonexistent in the media now. So what changed? One possible explanation that would make sense is that they know where she is and she is no longer missing. The family or LE have no obligation to notify the public or media. The only problem is if that is the case then why is her profile still active on the LAPD Missing Persons site? Another explanation could be that she is in a LE protection program of some kind. If neither one of these are correct, and she is in fact still missing, then how can one justify the silence in this case. It just makes no sense. MOO

Last edited:
Baffling is right. But it is also down right odd. When this first happened the ex and her friends couldn't stop talking and then all of a sudden nothing? To me the strangest thing is the silence from her family. If it was my daughter, sister or any family member I would be out every single day making sure that people and the media didn't forget about her. Has there been any organized searches? Have the family or friends put up a website? I looked and was not able to find anything. She is pretty much nonexistent in the media now. So what changed? One possible explanation that would make sense is that they know where she is and she is no longer missing. The family or LE have no obligation to notify the public or media. The only problem is if that is the case then why is her profile still active on the LAPD Missing Persons site? Another explanation could be that she is in a LE protection program of some kind. If neither one of these are correct, and she is in fact still missing, then how can one justify the silence in this case. It just makes no sense. MOO

IMO: FBI is in charge, here, has all the info they need, and want her to be disappeared for the moment. They may have her on ice to testify; may also be protecting political heavyweights.

If she left on her own, why leave her dog? Could it be to give the impression that she didn’t leave on her own accord?? Is giving up your child worth more than getting caught for something you may have done??? I’m not sure what to make of the disappearance. Moo

Well I got that wrong. I'm back to wondering how in the world JS would have her personal bank records. I just don't see how that could happen. Could he have meant company bank accounts that she was personally responsible for?
I agree that it is unusual that JS allegedly had access to HP’s personal bank statements, let alone that he handed them freely over to JW, who then did not look at them in detail (based on the quoted article above).

If JW failed to look over the statements in detail, perhaps he simply mistook the bank statements that he received for personal bank statements (because HP’s name was on them) rather than business account bank statements. Also, JS’s assistant may have called them personal accounts when speaking with JW simply because JS was not aware of the existence of the account(s). There are a lot of businesses under HP’s controller umbrella (as previously posted on this thread), and she would have been able to transfer funds between those businesses’ bank accounts with relative ease. If, in her role, she was the only one monitoring the activity between all of the business accounts, any of the accounts could have been used for personal purposes.

All MOO.

Last edited:

I'd like to know how possession of her bank records would prove she was skimming from the company. Surely, HP wouldn't directly deposit large sums of money into her bank account but would establish another account, perhaps offshore, in order to conceal any monies taken or perhaps that is where the cryptocurrency enters the stage.

Knowing how HP felt about her only child, I do not think she'd agree to Witness Protection. Did anyone go missing prior to JSs partner, JGs, conviction? JG pled guilty yet didn't JS plead NG, right?

In the beginning, I posted thoughts on the business being the prime reason for her being missing. I'm straddling the fence, att. <DBM>

JMVHOO

Last edited:
I've been straddling the fence for weeks, but if you fall on a particular side of it, be careful what you post. This is a "victim friendly" site, and unless and until he is named a suspect or POI, JW is also considered a "victim".

I agree that it is unusual that JS allegedly had access to HP’s personal bank statements, let alone that he handed them freely over to JW, who then did not look at them in detail (based on the quoted article above).

If JW failed to look over the statements in detail, perhaps he simply mistook the bank statements that he received for personal bank statements (because HP’s name was on them) rather than business account bank statements. Also, JS’s assistant may have called them personal accounts when speaking with JW simply because JS was not aware of the existence of the account(s). There are a lot of businesses under HP’s controller umbrella (as previously posted on this thread), and she would have been able to transfer funds between those businesses’ bank accounts with relative ease. If, in her role, she was the only one monitoring the activity between all of the business accounts, any of the accounts could have been used for personal purposes.

All MOO.

Good ideas about transferring into umbrella accounts...

The business(es) should hold meetings where the monetary funds (spreadsheets) are discussed, at least quarterly among the members of the LLC (investors). Aren't LLCs started to avoid paying taxes? The Bear Stearns Companies is a LLC.

FRB: Bear Stearns, JPMorgan Chase, and Maiden Lane LLC

I was shocked to learn she paid high dollar rent at the Helms St location since it's listed as the CCP business address. If purchased new, the 2017 RR may be paid for by now. Wonder where it is?

If someone did away with HP, then they'd need to do something with her car, too, unless LEOs have it in their possession. If this someone took her, handled the car to get rid of it then, why did they make sure the dog was safe?

JMVHOO

Everything we’ve been told has pretty much come from only one source - heidis ex husband who was in the middle of taking her to court for child support. So IMO there isn’t much reliable information out there. Not saying he’s lying, but how can we know? LE hasn’t confirmed much of anything JW has said.

I've seen a lot of strange cases and this one is going to rank up there with the rest of them. We had video, audio and sketches in the Abigail Williams/Liberty German case and it is coming up on the 5 year mark with no POI, let alone an arrest. We've got video here taken approx. 30 minutes before Heidi's dog was found alone in a hotel that supposedly requires a key card to enter. It would seem the resolution should have been quick even given that a search warrant would have been needed to access the buildings CCTV footage. And yet is over a month later and to the best of our knowledge LE can't even find her car. I'm wondering if this is going to be one of those cases where we have video and yet it isn't clear enough.

Her ex is, or was, talking quite a bit. (Too much?) Her employer, who the SEC is allegedly investigating, is saying nothing. Very little from friends and nothing from family. I wish they would start making some noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123