NJ NJ - Teaneck, Windsor Rd, WhtMale 30-45, UP1615, clear nail polish, may be musician, Nov'78

Teaneck is right off Route 4, which goes directly into Fort Lee and the George Washington bridge over to New York City. It is at the north end of Manhattan. But you can reach any side of the city there, but Brooklyn is technically closer to the tunnels.

teaneck nj musician 3.jpg
Opened up his eyes.

When I was working on opening his eyes I got a really imaginative about this guy. I've decided to nickname him "Shorty".

He's a nice Jewish kid from the Bronx, plays the trumpet and decides to enter the jazz scene in the 1950's. Thelonious Monk and Miles Davis are the "hep" cats on the scene. Underground dives bursting with jazz all night long. The 1950's and 60's are solid for work as a trumpet player or pianist. Shorty stays in the scene, all the way through to the decline of jazz clubs in the early 70's. He's been around long enough to get to know who's providing substances like heroin to groupies and musicians.

1970's rolls along, money gets tight, and though an outsider, he moves up the ranks of the racket to be a distributer. Family ties have to be cut to keep them out of the loop and friends disappear. Shorty wears "bikini" briefs because he's entering heroin packaging centers for pick-ups. He's only there short periods of time for pickups, so they just check his small undies to make sure he isn't stealing the goods.

Shorty gets caught up in the game. The session at the club ends, and he decides to use the bathroom. Shorty is tackled from behind, and his head held in the toilet bowl long enough for him to drown. His pants are left behind in the bathroom stall. He's thrown in the trunk of a car and whisked away. End of Shorty.

JMHO MOO OINK

Last edited:
I think we should call him Picco though. There's already an unidentified homicide victim named Shorty. Piccoletto is Shorty in Italian (which I think he may be because of his nose), and I just shortened it.

View attachment 278583
Opened up his eyes.

When I was working on opening his eyes I got a really imaginative about this guy. I've decided to nickname him "Shorty".

He's a nice Jewish kid from the Bronx, plays the trumpet and decides to enter the jazz scene in the 1950's. Thelonious Monk and Miles Davis are the "hep" cats on the scene. Underground dives bursting with jazz all night long. The 1950's and 60's are solid for work as a trumpet player or pianist. Shorty stays in the scene, all the way through to the decline of jazz clubs in the early 70's. He's been around long enough to get to know who's providing substances like heroin to groupies and musicians.

1970's rolls along, money gets tight, and though an outsider, he moves up the ranks of the racket to be a distributer. Family ties have to be cut to keep them out of the loop and friends disappear. Shorty wears "bikini" briefs because he's entering heroin packaging centers for pick-ups. He's only there short periods of time for pickups, so they just check his small undies to make sure he isn't stealing the goods.

Shorty gets caught up in the game. The session at the club ends, and he decides to use the bathroom. Shorty is tackled from behind, and his head held in the toilet bowl long enough for him to drown. His pants are left behind in the bathroom stall. He's thrown in the trunk of a car and whisked away. End of Shorty.

JMHO MOO OINK
Also, that bathroom theory seems possible, now that I think of it.

View attachment 278583
Opened up his eyes.

JMHO MOO OINK

What about the use of waterboarding?
Waterboarding - Wikipedia. Waterboarding is a form of torture in which water is poured over a cloth covering the face and breathing passages of an immobilized captive, causing the person to experience the sensation of drowning. In the most common method of waterboarding, the captive's face is covered with cloth or some other thin material and immobilized on his/her back at an incline of 10 to 20 degrees.[1][2] Torturers pour water onto the face over the breathing passages, causing an almost immediate gag reflex and creating a drowning sensation for the captive.[3][4][5] Normally, water is poured intermittently to prevent death. However, if the water is poured uninterruptedly it will lead to death by asphyxia, also called dry drowning. Waterboarding can cause extreme pain, damage to lungs, brain damage from oxygen deprivation, other physical injuries including broken bones due to struggling against restraints, and lasting psychological damage.[6] Adverse physical effects can last for months, and psychological effects for years.[7] The term "water board torture" appeared in press reports as early as 1976.[8]

The more I look at him the more I believe his hair was naturally curled and not permed. Maybe set a little with some hairwax.
Mob/maffia victim would make sense, they are known for their graphic torture of informants or non compliant members and them dumping their victims in random places. And if family knew, they would have been silenced by the mobsters not to contact LE.

Now the case would be solvable... if there was DNA...

I'm trying to research the musical goings-on at the time. His permed hair makes me think he could have had a recent concert or an upcoming one. I'm also looking at guitar instructors and came across a man named Brian advertising in the days leading up to this man's death. The last ad I can find is November 16. Prior to these instruction ads, he sold a Les Paul recording guitar in 1975. I have his phone number and first name but can't seem to find any more info.

His hair doesn't look permed to me, it looks natural. Has it been identified that his hair is permed?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Any thoughts on Ralph Anthony Daniels as a potential match? I'm really unsure about this being a match because most of the physical descriptors don't line up.:confused: However, when comparing the pics I see a strong resemblance, most especially the ears, nose, mouth and chin. Note how Ralph's fingernails look as though they have a shimmery white polish on them in the pic with him wearing the white shirt. I can't be sure but it looks like his nails have a little shine to them in the suit & tie pic too. Maybe it's just me wanting to see something that really isn't there so hopefully my fellow sleuths will chime in on this potential. There are a few more photos on his NamUs profile, although most appear to be of a younger Ralph. I've included a close up of Ralph's teeth. Maybe one of you can determine whether they match Doe Network's dental description for JD.
TIA

"Dentals: Available. T8 9 10 Have mesial silicate restoration. T9 overlaps T10. Possible lingual restoration on T10"

Ralph-Daniels2
Ralph-Daniels2.jpg

Original
Original
Original

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGE
Ralph-Daniels1.jpg
Ralph-Daniels1

@YaYa_521 I see the same similarities you do, especially in the side by side profile. I looked at Ralph's teeth, but I can't seem to see an overlap. His teeth look pretty straight to me.
The thing that is really troubling is the height discrepancy between Ralph and this UID. A couple inches, maybe...but 8" off is a long shot. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the feedback, @coffeeandacig! I called Det. Zell to inquire about Ralph as a potential match thinking maybe his physical description, esp height, was inaccurate, perhaps due to a typo. I admitted upfront that I was probably wasting her time and explained what you mentioned about his teeth. I told her about the visual similarities of certain facial features and the appearance of polish on his nails. She was glad I called and assured me it was no bother for her. Det. Zell confirmed Ralph's height and other info on his profile is correct. Apparently his prints and dentals were not on file (at the time of my call) but his DNA is available. JD doesn't have DNA avail for comparison. Det. Zell had previously requested Ralph's prints and dentals from the military but was denied access. However, once I submitted the PM she contacted them again and was able to get both his fingerprints and dental records. Based on a comparison of those, he has been excluded. So, in the end, she was grateful for the submission b/c even though Ralph is still missing she now has all of his identifiers in the system. Thanks again for your help!

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
2 Exclusions for JD:
MP55487 Ralph Daniels 08/16/1978 Niagara NY
MP20414 Paul Egan 07/21/1975 Broward FL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member