DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the donation cases have also been moved to pending for some reason, even though half of them are active, I'm not sure what's happening there.
There are many donation posts on the DDP page recently, I think may be they moved the donation cases for the same reason - to attract more donations for old and new cases which may need fundings.

By the way according to the last post, they are MORE than 70 identifications.

Twinsburg John Doe 1982 Ohio Namus is down. Looks like a lot of cases have their Namus down but the announcements are coming later

I am wondering if the DDP will take more Ohio cases, it seems they have good luck with them.
That's good to hear, I've had a feeling that he had been identified for a little while, especially with the leads they have shared.

Nice to see one of their older cases presumably solved. Given his highest match (and if there is no endogamy), I have to think that Chattanooga Birchwood John Doe 2006 is probably amongst the ~20 others that are solved as well.

Nice to see one of their older cases presumably solved. Given his highest match (and if there is no endogamy), I have to think that Chattanooga Birchwood John Doe 2006 is probably amongst the ~20 others that are solved as well.
Given the time I feel they may have had somewhat of a tree built, and the big jump may have narrowed things down quite a bit.

Joan updated a spreadsheet yesterday! 4 cases have been added:

Gwinnett County John Doe- with the highest match of 299,4 cM
Kilgore Jane Doe 2000-
with the highest match of 91,1 cM
Mercer Island John Doe 2016 -
with the highest match of 281 cM
Trinity Bellwoods Park Jane Doe (Canada)
- with the highest match of 111,8 cM

Last edited:
The admixtures were also added, Mercer Co JD is actually mostly American Indian with Caucasian admixture and not Asian as it was thought before. I don’t think he has a thread on websleuth

Man every time I say something in here something happens.

New case: Dane Co Chimney Doe 1989 - DNA Doe Project Cases
Another new case added: Smith County Jane Doe 1985
Smith County Jane Doe 1985 - DNA Doe Project Cases
TX - TX - Smith Co, off I-20, WhtFem 20-32, 77UFTX, shirt w/ 'Top Rail Country Music, Dallas, TX', Oct'85
It is their second case from Smith County, hopefully we will hear soon about the identification of Smith County John Doe whose Namus was recently removed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members