GUILTY UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020 #3

Good! I'd braced myself for EH getting far less given usual sentencing in this country. However much we may want it, we do not have US-style sentences here, and whole life was never on the cards, so being so close to 30 years is the best that could've been hoped for. TH's 21 is also very high for manslaughter, and probably not a lot lower than he'd have got if he'd been found guilty of murder. I'll take that.

Darshna Soni
@darshnasoni

·
50s

BREAKING: Emma Tustin has been sentenced to life for the murder of six year old Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, minimum term of 29 years.
Fantastic! She won’t get out, I feel really sure of it. She isn’t remorseful and she’s bound to get into trouble in prison with her manipulative ways.

29 years is not justice :mad: 2 thirds of that is around 19 years.
TH will be out in 14… I’m disgusted to say the least

I really believed the starting point would be 30 for ET what does one have to do to get an actual life sentence in this country?! She’s showed pure sadism with her prolonged torture of Arthur, that element should have warranted a 30 year minimum.

The most heartbreaking and evil case I’ve ever followed and it ends with such a pitiful sentence. They will each spend less than 20 years in prison for stealing 70+ years of Arthur’s life. My blood is boiling :(:(:(

Edited: I realise it’s 29 years minimum, not 2 thirds of the sentence which is somewhat better. However I still think the sentence is unduly lenient as the facts of this case IMO made a 30 year starting point an option. Why so lenient?

Last edited:
Tustin jailed for 29 years - Hughes for 21 years
Emma Tustin is sentenced to life with a minimum term of 29 years.

Judge Wall tells her that is not the time she will spend in custody, but the minimum term before her case is even considered by a parole board. He says if they do not decide to release her, she will spend the rest of her life in prison.

He passes concurrent sentences of 10 years - the maximum - on each child cruelty offence.

Hughes is sentenced to 21 years.

He receives nine-year concurrent terms for the child cruelty offences

I really believed the starting point would be 30 for ET what does one have to do to get an actual life sentence in this country?! She’s showed pure sadism with her prolonged torture of Arthur, that element should have warranted a 30 year minimum.

The most heartbreaking and evil case I’ve ever followed and it ends with such a pitiful sentence. They will each spend less than 20 years in prison for stealing 70+ years of Arthur’s life. My blood is boiling :(:(:(

She must serve a minimum of 29 before she can be considered for parole.

Who made the barbed witness comment that Mrs Hughes refers to in her victim statement? That Arthur’s death didn’t affect him….was that John Dutton?

“Ms Hughes: "I have also listened to barbed comments by a witness that the death of Arthur did not affect him, which is sickening and abhorrent”

It seems as if according to the manslaughter sentencing guidelines this was a Very High Culpability offence (the highest - A) and the sentencing range available to the judge was 11 - 24 years custody, with a starting point of 18 years. Category B only allows a maximum sentence of 16 years. To the starting point they add and deduct time for aggravating factors and mitigating factors. Should have been 24 years IMO.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Manslaughter-definitive-guideline-Web.pdf

I hope it is appealed as unduly lenient.

I thought it was a life sentence with a minimum of 29 years, there won't be any reduction in that figure. Not that it's enough, she will only be 60 when up for parole - if she makes it that far of course. I would also have preferred 30 plus or even whole of life.

Tustin jailed for 29 years - Hughes for 21 years
Emma Tustin is sentenced to life with a minimum term of 29 years.

Judge Wall tells her that is not the time she will spend in custody, but the minimum term before her case is even considered by a parole board. He says if they do not decide to release her, she will spend the rest of her life in prison.

He passes concurrent sentences of 10 years - the maximum - on each child cruelty offence.

Hughes is sentenced to 21 years.

He receives nine-year concurrent terms for the child cruelty offences
These are long sentences, the judge is bloody brilliant!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back