Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #5

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Heidi Planck, 39, Reported Missing From Downey After Failing To Pick Up Son From School

The family of Heidi Planck said they last saw her 11 days ago on Oct. 17 in the 7800 block of Gardendale Street, according to LAPD.

Planck’s ex-husband said Planck left their son’s football game at halftime, adding that she seemed distracted. In a bizarre turn, three hours later, in Downtown LA, her dog was found on the 28th floor of an apartment building. Planck, her silver Range Rover, her purse, her personal phone and computer, were all gone.

Planck is white, 5-feet-3 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing jeans and a gray sweater driving a 2017 gray Range Rover with a black-and-yellow California license plate of U840X0.

Culver-City-Mother-2.png

CA - Heidi Planck,39,left son’s game,dog found, Los Angeles,17 Oct 2021*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*No discussion

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:

I must say my head is still spinning from trying to wrap my mind around so many moving parts as it relates to Heidi's life and what has surfaced. Therefore, I can absolutely see where the gray areas might be in trying to discuss this case. Here is the skinny as it relates to the rules:

-Do not sleuth individuals not named a victim or POI/Suspect. So basically - the only individual approved for sleuthing at this time is Heidi
-You can however discuss what is published in MSM regarding Heidi's business associates, etc. Use initials only and do not expand the discussion scope beyond what is published in the article as it relates to these individuals.
-Include links to support any information posted as fact
-Keep in mind that WS is a victim friendly discussion forum

If you have any questions please report on any post to reach an Admin or Mod.

Best,
Tiff

Complete List of TOS can be found HERE

Can we post the child custody report here in its entirety ??
It shows someone else as perhaps the last person who saw HP

(*misspoke earlier and called it the missing persons report)

No. The family court document contains information about a living minor child and is not allowed to be linked or discussed at Websleuths.

IF information from the document happens to be referred to in MSM, what is in the MSM article may be discussed but nothing beyond that.

On a separate note, Google Drive is not an approved source (unless pre-approval is given by WS Admin). Anyone can upload to Google Drive so we have no way of knowing the source or how the information was obtained (i.e. whether legally or otherwise).

Hope that clarifies. Any more questions in that regard, please message a Mod or Admin.

This isn’t an accurately worded statement in the article, is it?

Police said there is still no lead on a suspect in what they believe is a robbery-homicide case.

LAPD searching landfill for evidence in Heidi Planck’s disappearance

We were informed that the case went to the Robbery Homicide Division of the LAPD because it became a high profile case. To say “they believe [it] is a robbery-homicide case” implies (to me, anyway) that she was killed during a robbery.

And, do you think it also accurate that there is “no lead on a suspect”? I tend to lean toward police have a pretty good idea, but as JW says, we need to “fill in the holes” (paraphrasing), I think he said.
JMO

Police said there is still no lead on a suspect in what they believe is a robbery-homicide case.

We were informed that the case went to the Robbery Homicide Division of the LAPD because it became a high profile case. To say “they believe [it] is a robbery-homicide case” implies (to me, anyway) that she was killed during a robbery.

And, do you think it also accurate that there is “no lead on a suspect”? I tend to lean toward police have a pretty good idea, but as JW says, we need to “fill in the holes” (paraphrasing), I think he said.
JMO
The most valuable thing HP had with her was her vehicle, which was found parked blocks away 2 1/2 weeks after she disappeared. Other than that, she had her purse and phone with her, hardly items that a criminal might kill someone for, at least not intentionally. Heidi was a small woman. She could easily have been overpowered, IMHO. But yes, there are a lot of gaps to fill; most notably explaining the presence of her dog in the H&F building. Also, why did she seem anxious and leave her son's game early? I can't draw any conclusions from the few facts and observations that we have so far, but I am leaning toward this being something more than a random robbery. If it were that, her car would have been chopped or the thief/thieves would have been driving around in it. MOO.

JMO

I would not assume that is an accurate statement. But I also would not assume that it means HP was killed during a robbery. The assignment of the case to RH doesn't mean that to me at all.

The homicide division of the LAPD Robbery-Homicide investigates only selected homicides in LA. These include:
(BBM)

· Homicides that involve multiple victims (generally three or more) in one incident;
· Serial murders;
· Homicides that involve intense media coverage or are high profile;
· Arson as the manner of death;
· Assaults against on-duty police officers in the City limits wherein serious bodily injury occurred and resulted in hospitalization or death.

Robbery-Homicide Division RHD - LAPD Online

Note the blurb above doesn't include "homicides during robberies" as a type of homicide that goes to that division automatically. Certainly HP's death could have involved robbery but it very well may not have.

JMO

JMO

I believe that statement is pretty broad. The fact that RHD is handling the case doesn't necessarily mean it was an actual "robbery" homicide. Although that is what the statement implies. As for the "no lead on a suspect" comment, as tight lipped as LE has been on this case, it wouldn't be surprising if that wasn't the truth. LE may very well have a suspect or suspects, but are keeping it quiet in order not to alert them. But, as usual with this case, nothing is normal. MOO

JMO
also police say that regularly when they are not releasing info.

I would not assume that is an accurate statement. But I also would not assume that it means HP was killed during a robbery. The assignment of the case to RH doesn't mean that to me at all.

The homicide division of the LAPD Robbery-Homicide investigates only selected homicides in LA. These include:
(BBM)

· Homicides that involve multiple victims (generally three or more) in one incident;
· Serial murders;
· Homicides that involve intense media coverage or are high profile;
· Arson as the manner of death;
· Assaults against on-duty police officers in the City limits wherein serious bodily injury occurred and resulted in hospitalization or death.

Note the blurb above doesn't include "homicides during robberies" as a type of homicide that goes to that division automatically. Certainly HP's death could have involved robbery but it very well may not have.

JMO
What makes this case high profile? I wouldn’t say there has been intense media coverage.

What makes this case high profile? I wouldn’t say there has been intense media coverage.
Maybe it was preemptive due to this possible "association":
Missing mom Heidi Planck's boss did business with fraudster linked to Hunter Biden and Gambino mafia | Daily Mail Online

"Galanis's fraud saw him use Hunter Biden's name to try and give the veneer of legitimacy and entice investors.

One of Galanis's alleged co-conspirators in the affair, which took place between 2014 and 2016, was Devon Archer, a longtime business partner and friend of Hunter Biden, having met when they were both students at Yale.

Both Archer and Hunter Biden served on the board of Burisma, a Ukrainian gas company.

Hunter's lawyer, George Mesires, said Hunter Biden had nothing to do with Galanis and Archer's scheme.
'The defendants invoked and used Hunter's name - without his knowledge - to lend their business venture more credibility,' Mesires said.

'As soon as Hunter learned of the illegal conduct, and that his name was being used in this unauthorized and inappropriate manner, Hunter took immediate steps to ensure that his business interests would not be associated with the Burnham Group or with any of the defendants.'"

Addressing the whole robbery / homicide idea. What if she in fact had something on her. Something that was meant to be turned over to someone else, but someone intercepted her on her way and took that item, and then did her harm? Just trying to justify this whole robbery homicide scenario. MOO

Addressing the whole robbery / homicide idea. What if she in fact had something on her. Something that was meant to be turned over to someone else, but someone intercepted her on her way and took that item, and then did her harm? Just trying to justify this whole robbery homicide scenario. MOO
If they haven't located her purse, phone, work laptop, etc., this would explain it. I know there's been confusion all around which electronics were actually located in her home, but I remember the words "phones" and "laptops," plural, being used, which makes me think there were things not in the home that were likely with her or at least in her car.

The people she worked for...

Maybe it was preemptive due to this possible "association":
Missing mom Heidi Planck's boss did business with fraudster linked to Hunter Biden and Gambino mafia | Daily Mail Online

"Galanis's fraud saw him use Hunter Biden's name to try and give the veneer of legitimacy and entice investors.

One of Galanis's alleged co-conspirators in the affair, which took place between 2014 and 2016, was Devon Archer, a longtime business partner and friend of Hunter Biden, having met when they were both students at Yale.

Both Archer and Hunter Biden served on the board of Burisma, a Ukrainian gas company.

Hunter's lawyer, George Mesires, said Hunter Biden had nothing to do with Galanis and Archer's scheme.
'The defendants invoked and used Hunter's name - without his knowledge - to lend their business venture more credibility,' Mesires said.

'As soon as Hunter learned of the illegal conduct, and that his name was being used in this unauthorized and inappropriate manner, Hunter took immediate steps to ensure that his business interests would not be associated with the Burnham Group or with any of the defendants.'"
Except there was money transfered to Hunter Biden grom the Burnham group

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back