CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman was assisting Honey one day in November of 2017 (a month before the murders) and a gift bag arrived.

“Honey made a loud comment about it, saying it was from one of Barry’s affairs,” the woman told police. The detective then writes that the woman “also thinks she heard Honey say that it was the hotel sending her a thank you for another one of Barry’s affairs ... thought it meant that Barry fooled around.”

According to the police documents, that was followed by specific questions to other potential witnesses. Sheila Stanley, Honey’s personal assistant, told police “infidelity was impossible in Barry and Honey’s relationship because of how busy they were.”

Link above.

Affairs could also mean the things has to do like business events?

These couples have been previously referenced by me on the Sherman threads, just noting this new article on the outside chance that something gleaned from those murders could be applied in the S. case, fwiw, imo..
Two midtown Toronto families killed at home, a year apart. What, if anything, connects their ‘overkill’ murders?
Dec 5 2021
''Investigators wondered if antisemitism was involved in the Airst murders. The family had been slain on the eve of Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement.
Celia was active for Jewish causes, and had worked for the Holocaust committee and for a couple of years with the Jewish Defense League.
“She was active in many charitable causes,” Rabbi David Monsson of Beth Sholom Synagogue told The Star. “She was always taking an interest in good causes.”
''Their son Avrom also had strong political views. At 13, he requested that funds for his bar mitzvah should be spent to plant trees in Israel rather than on gifts or donations to himself.''
Ws thread.
CANADA - Celia, Isaac & Avrom Airst, Toronto, 30 September 1979

CANADA - Florence, 63 & Harold 64,Fagan, Toronto, 6 March 1978

Last edited:
Like so many things in life, some of us take a stand, then choose the facts to defend that perspective.

I think the idea in solving crimes is let the science lead the way to the correct conclusion. In this case, much the same way as with vaccines, and snow tires, the professionals and experts have come to a conclusion.

None of us have to agree, but by disagreeing, we incur some level of risk.
The other thing that is obvious, is that positions or perspectives rarely change, and in fact over time some believers become more implacable.

I may be wrong, in my belief that it was a double murder, with some family/friend linkage. There is a chance I will never know if I am right or wrong. Sometimes that is just how life goes.

One final note. The people who knew the Shermans best, their children, do not believe it was M-S.

RBBM- Perhaps that's because at least one of them, and perhaps more, may believe that that they know who the killer is!

Like so many things in life, some of us take a stand, then choose the facts to defend that perspective.

I think the idea in solving crimes is let the science lead the way to the correct conclusion. In this case, much the same way as with vaccines, and snow tires, the professionals and experts have come to a conclusion.

None of us have to agree, but by disagreeing, we incur some level of risk.
The other thing that is obvious, is that positions or perspectives rarely change, and in fact over time some believers become more implacable.

I may be wrong, in my belief that it was a double murder, with some family/friend linkage. There is a chance I will never know if I am right or wrong. Sometimes that is just how life goes.

One final note. The people who knew the Shermans best, their children, do not believe it was M-S.

RBBM- Perhaps that's because at least one of them, and perhaps more, may believe that that they know who the killer is!

After four years of media articles, police statements and much discussion, it's interesting that we are back to discussing the murder/suicide theory. I guess that 's what happens when the thread becomes inactive. Gotta talk about something right? Lol

IMO this case is about to be reclassified by TPS as a cold case- 4 years old now.

Relevant links here. I don't know if these have already been posted (and don't want to read through all 16 threads), so please forgive me if these are redundant.

The fight to keep the inheritance files of murdered billionaires Honey and Barry Sherman secret | SaltWire

(This one requires subscription): Barry and Honey Sherman’s estate trustees tell Supreme Court that unsealing files poses ‘grave safety risks’

From your link, I think this sums it up quite nicely -

Nobody knows anything about this case.

Windsor,

Here’s your 4 yr update. lol

Toronto Star, Dec. 13.

They are releasing images/information.

They want the help of the public.

It’s all behind a paywall.
In Barry and Honey Sherman’s murder case, police fumbled while clock ticked
Dec 13 2021
''Four years after billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered, Toronto homicide detectives are, for the first time, releasing images and other information from their case in the hopes the public can help them solve the crime.''

This information — police will not say what it is — has been sealed in search warrant documents the Toronto Star has been arguing in court to have released since shortly after the investigation began.''

In Barry and Honey Sherman’s murder case, police fumbled while clock ticked
Dec 13 2021
''Four years after billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered, Toronto homicide detectives are, for the first time, releasing images and other information from their case in the hopes the public can help them solve the crime.''

This information — police will not say what it is — has been sealed in search warrant documents the Toronto Star has been arguing in court to have released since shortly after the investigation began.''

This new article today contains a few bits of yet unknown info (to me anyways). Evidently, according to KD, TPS applied for search warrants in order to access the electronics found in the home (Barry’s BlackBerry, Honey’s iPhone, two iPads, a Toshiba laptop and a desktop computer). To do so, TPS had to produce evidence to prove that the devices actually belonged to the Shermans. Apparently, police screwed up their application(s), and were only able to initially satisfy the judge that the iphone belonged to HS. It took TPS another 3 weeks to reapply for a warrant for the other equipment, which finally satisfied the judge, and the warrant was granted.

This new article today contains a few bits of yet unknown info (to me anyways). Evidently, according to KD, TPS applied for search warrants in order to access the electronics found in the home (Barry’s BlackBerry, Honey’s iPhone, two iPads, a Toshiba laptop and a desktop computer). To do so, TPS had to produce evidence to prove that the devices actually belonged to the Shermans. Apparently, police screwed up their application(s), and were only able to initially satisfy the judge that the iphone belonged to HS. It took TPS another 3 weeks to reapply for a warrant for the other equipment, which finally satisfied the judge, and the warrant was granted.

That’s it?

Typical KD reporting style, he simply cannot resist dusting his news stories with allegations of police incompetence, to the point that I think he loses credibility. Can any of us say what a reasonable length of time would be for LE to prove to a judge that IT devices belong to the homeowner, aside from the fact they were found inside the home? What was found would seem to be what’s most significant - does anyone truly care the search warrant might be dated three weeks after the murders?

Last edited:
Will the press conference be televised?
This could be most interesting. There are some very interested parties who would love to know what the TPS have discovered.
Likely the TPS will still hold back some key information they have.
Curious to know if the request for public help will be specific, such as witnesses to certain locations at certain times.

Will the press conference be televised?
This could be most interesting. There are some very interested parties who would love to know what the TPS have discovered.
Likely the TPS will still hold back some key information they have.
Curious to know if the request for public help will be specific, such as witnesses to certain locations at certain times.

What press conference?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members