Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1469049602972143616?s=21

UPDATE: The audio is working again... Judge Gregory Werner is back in the courtroom. A deputy testified that he had learned #LeteciaStauch due to not receiving medication. "Your honor, I've refused... It's not safe for me to be in courtroom when I'm not on my medication."

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1469049994724265986?s=21
JUDGE: "You don't have control over this process, you have certain obligations other than rights. You need to be here and you don't have a choice about that. There is an extraction team that simply removes you and puts you in restraints. Some have biceps the size of my neck..."
Love this judge!! Is anyone else secretly hoping she refuses to come to court again?

https://twitter.com/colettebordelon/status/1469055501849620483?s=21

What we expected out of the hearing. Rare in this case.

We learned the defense is saying #LeteciaStauch had a dissociative disorder - that’s going to be the mental health issue they plan on introducing evidence about at trial - related to actions after the alleged murder.
How on earth is this going to help her defense? She denies murdering Gannon, so what caused the dissociative disorder?

Dissociative Identity Disorder was previously referred to as Multiple Personality Disorder. Think "Sybil"... Extremely rare. Diagnostic criteria as follows:

• The existence of two or more distinct identities (or “personality states”). The distinct identities are accompanied by changes in behavior, memory and thinking. The signs and symptoms may be observed by others or reported by the individual.
  • Ongoing gaps in memory about everyday events, personal information and/or past traumatic events.
  • The symptoms cause significant distress or problems in social, occupational or other areas of functioning.
There should be documentatiom of this if true and it should have come up at the competency evals. I don't buy it... at all.

How on earth is this going to help her defense? She denies murdering Gannon, so what caused the dissociative disorder?

This is well written about how dissociative identity disorder may develop:

Etiology of Dissociative Identity Disorder
Dissociative identity disorder usually occurs in people who experienced overwhelming stress or trauma during childhood.

Children are not born with a sense of a unified identity; it develops from many sources and experiences. In overwhelmed children, many parts of what should have blended together remain separate. Chronic and severe abuse (physical, sexual, or emotional) and neglect during childhood are frequently reported by and documented in patients with dissociative identity disorder (in the US, Canada, and Europe, about 90% of patients). Some patients have not been abused but have experienced an important early loss (such as death of a parent), serious medical illness, or other overwhelmingly stressful events.

In contrast to most children who achieve cohesive, complex appreciation of themselves and others, severely mistreated children may go through phases in which different perceptions, memories, and emotions of their life experiences are kept segregated. This is intensified by parents or other caretakers who behave inconsistently (eg, alternating between affectionate and abusive behaviors) in a pattern termed betrayal trauma. Over time, such children may develop an increasing ability to escape the mistreatment by “going away"—that is, by detaching themselves from their harsh physical environment—or by retreating into their own mind. Each developmental phase or traumatic experience may be used to generate a different identity.

Source: Dissociative Identity Disorder - Psychiatric Disorders - Merck Manuals Professional Edition

Judge orders Letecia Stauch to be evaluated at state mental hospital

After defense attorneys in November indicated they would be arguing an “impaired mental condition” defense and asked for a mental evaluation for Stauch, 4th Judicial District Judge Gregory Werner ordered, Thursday afternoon, that mental evaluation be conducted at the Colorado Mental Health Institute in Pueblo.

Werner said he issued that order despite a significant backlog in mental evaluation requests, citing a letter he received in mid-November on an unrelated case describing a 352-person backlog. He said he expected that waitlist to be longer now, and that Stauch’s case would likely fall near the bottom.

Defense attorneys expect to present evidence related to the women's mental condition after the alleged crimes, attorney Josh Tolini said in November. That mental condition, he said on Thursday, was caused by “acute stress,” and he indicated it wasn’t an ongoing issue.

IMO, I think the defense is looking for help to suppress certain evidence such as LS's multiple interviews but I don't think there's enough help in the world for LS. She's clearly going down for the murder and disposal of Gannon --- a beautiful 11-year old child in her care.

What are the four types of dissociative disorders?

Dissociative disorders include dissociative amnesia, dissociative fugue, depersonalisation disorder and dissociative identity disorder.

People who experience a traumatic event will often have some degree of dissociation during the event itself or in the following hours, days or weeks.

Dissociation and dissociative disorders - Better Health Channel

IMO, I think the defense is looking for help to suppress certain evidence such as LS's multiple interviews but I don't think there's enough help in the world for LS. She's clearly going down for the murder and disposal of Gannon --- a beautiful 11-year old child in her care.

What are the four types of dissociative disorders?

Dissociative disorders include dissociative amnesia, dissociative fugue, depersonalisation disorder and dissociative identity disorder.

People who experience a traumatic event will often have some degree of dissociation during the event itself or in the following hours, days or weeks.

Dissociation and dissociative disorders - Better Health Channel

Judge says he does not have enough information about the dissociative disorder in question: What triggered it? When was it triggered? Is it still present or not? To restate - This is NOT a competency or insanity evaluation. @KOAA
^^rsbbm

Now they are discussing #LeteciaStauch mental state. The defense is claiming she suffers from Disassociative Identity Disorder.
^^rsbbm

I dunno -- I'm not confident the defense knows which disassociative disorder they want to claim. They are not the experts! Seems typical -- throw at the wall hoping for one of the four to stick. MOO

Welp, I do think she's a nut in her own right, but not what she's trying to sell.
She murdered Gannon and she needs to pay the price!
moo

I know defense attorneys often ask girlfriends and/or new partners to stay away from the court proceedings, and nonetheless, I was surprised to see @LS TV tweet of Gannon's father AS walking up the sidewalk with a handholding-swinging blonde woman versus a victim advocate by his side.

Given the nature of the hearing today, I think I'd refrain from including anyone that might create a reaction or delay in justice for my son.

To be clear, I do recognize AS as a victim and I'm only thinking about justice for Gannon, and wouldn't want to borrow trouble here -- especially knowing that LS is a nut in her own right! MOO

I know defense attorneys often ask girlfriends and/or new partners to stay away from the court proceedings, and nonetheless, I was surprised to see @LS TV tweet of Gannon's father AS walking up the sidewalk with a handholding-swinging blonde woman versus a victim advocate by his side.

Given the nature of the hearing today, I think I'd refrain from including anyone that might create a reaction or delay in justice for my son.

To be clear, I do recognize AS as a victim and I'm only thinking about justice for Gannon, and wouldn't want to borrow trouble here -- especially knowing that LS is a nut in her own right! MOO
He is a. victim here but a tone deaf one sometimes, imo.

That pic surprised me too. A bit tone deaf IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks