Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #139

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I understand about the catfishing, any help interpreting appreciated. It sound like police are trying to confirm that the suspect used a specific social media platform, perhaps the link that will connect the two?
  • utilizing the social media platforms, Snapchat and Instagram” and using the name Anthony_shots
  • finds girls on Instagram and then tells them to talk to him on Snapchat
  • 2016 to 2017 on social media applications, including but not limited to, Snapchat and Instagram
  • any individual that communicated with, met, or attempted to meet the anthony_shots profile to contact law enforcement
  • when you communicated with anthony_shots, how you communicated with the profile, what social media applications the account used
The highlights on social media:

"The information from the FBI involved an adult male accused of “soliciting female juveniles utilizing the social media platforms, Snapchat and Instagram” and using the name Anthony_shots. That man is named as Kegan Anthony Kline by authorities.

Kegan stated if a girl told him she was 16 0r under he wouldn’t care and would still talk to them. Kegan told investigators he finds girls on Instagram and then tells them to talk to him on Snapchat.

“This profile was being used from 2016 to 2017 on social media applications, including but not limited to, Snapchat and Instagram. The fictitious anthony_shots profile used images of a known male model and portrayed himself as being extremely wealthy and owning numerous sports cars. The creator of the fictitious profile used this information while communicating with juvenile females to solicit nude images, obtain their addresses, and attempt to meet them. Pictured below, you’ll see images of the known male model and images the fictitious anthony_shots profile sent to underage females.”

Investigators would like any individual that communicated with, met, or attempted to meet the anthony_shots profile to contact law enforcement by utilizing the tip email/phone number: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or 765-822-3535. Please provide as much information as you possibly can,” police wrote on Facebook.

“For example, when you communicated with anthony_shots, how you communicated with the profile, what social media applications the account used, and if anthony_shots attempted to meet you or obtain your address. If you have saved images or conversations with the anthony_shots profile, please attach them to your email.”
Kegan Kline: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Perhaps police need that information to search accounts for a connection to Libby? They need his other social media platforms and his user profile on those platforms?

“For example, when you communicated with anthony_shots, how you communicated with the profile, what social media applications the account used, and if anthony_shots attempted to meet you or obtain your address. If you have saved images or conversations with the anthony_shots profile, please attach them to your email.”..”

Or maybe they’re looking for links to other devices used by the anthony_shots profile? Other devices could mean more than one user.

“For example, when you communicated with anthony_shots, how you communicated with the profile, what social media applications the account used, and if anthony_shots attempted to meet you or obtain your address. If you have saved images or conversations with the anthony_shots profile, please attach them to your email.”..”

Or maybe they’re looking for links to other devices used by the anthony_shots profile? Other devices could mean more than one user.

That's a good thought! Yes, IP addresses attached to other profiles would lead to other possible suspects.

Excellent question. LE has said they have DNA in the Delphi case, but they don’t know if it belongs to the killer. Could be an accomplice. Could be that the killer somehow didn’t leave behind DNA, or they didn’t collect all of the available DNA, or it was compromised in some way. There was much discussion earlier on that due to the many searchers, some evidence may have been trampled on.

There is a poster here that has discussed the types of DNA. I hope the poster pops in and gives an opinion on this question.

Seems pretty clear from LE's comments (in particular TL's when he said they have DNA but do not know if it's the killer's DNA) that they have some DNA from the scene that is unmatched. What's not clear is how complete their sample is. They might not have the full complement of loci that would be needed to find exact matches in CODIS. However, even a partial match can rule some potential suspects out.

We can't assume that the DNA sample they have is blood, saliva, skin cells - there's no indication of what kind of sample it may be. Obviously someone's skin cells or blood swabbed from under a victim's fingernails (even if partial) gives investigators a much clearer picture than - to give another example of what they might have - a small sample of skin cells recovered from the surface of a borrowed sweatshirt worm by a victim. For the latter there could be many quite innocent explanations but for the former it leads investigators in a particular direction.

recording BG is a sign these girls were more aware than you are giving them credit for..i say that doesn't go with being catfished and i stand by this assessment

even if they did not go to the bridge to meet anyone, all BG would have had to do would have been to follow them on SM... or hack into the KAK accounts...I wonder if the problems LG had with her phone were due to someone hacking into her accounts, IMO.

I assume that the instagram account only leads to one suspect. Police should be able to identify whether other IP accounts are tied to it - or is that information withheld for privacy reasons?

Since the suspect manipulated potential victims to snapchat and other social media platforms, would that be where he shared their info with a third party? I'm assuming this would be a community based pedophile ring. If it was virtual pedophile ring rather than in-person, there should be other digital contact between them.

When JBC was arrested some posters wondered if dog fur or bites were found at the Delphi crime scene. The young girl jbc tried to kill was bitten by one of his dogs.
I personally think Pit bulls can be sweet wonderful pets but I also believe any dog can be trained to be dangerous. And, a pit who has been abused or trained to be aggressive can be extra dangerous.
Imo, jbc seems like the type who might want scary dogs.

people who live with dogs often carry dog hair- the dog would not have had to be at the crime scene IMO

It feels wrong to type this out, but, does anybody know how pedophiles get in contact with each other? Do they use secret Facebook groups or more secretive sites that I’ve probably never heard of? I have a strong feeling if it wasn’t KAK that was BG, it is definitely a pedo he knew. I’ve been doing some web scraping for his various profiles on traditional social media with no useful info found yet. I have to wonder if I’m looking in the wrong place.

It feels wrong to type this out, but, does anybody know how pedophiles get in contact with each other? Do they use secret Facebook groups or more secretive sites that I’ve probably never heard of? I have a strong feeling if it wasn’t KAK that was BG, it is definitely a pedo he knew. I’ve been doing some web scraping for his various profiles on traditional social media with no useful info found yet. I have to wonder if I’m looking in the wrong place.

Pedophiles probably meet each other through websites where they share photos and videos of children. Perhaps they look for groups in their area.

It's shocking. What's even more shocking is just how good a fit some of them were.

A lot of sick people out there.
Isn’t it frightening? Anymore, I’m afraid to even make eye contact with people, let alone speak to someone. <modsnip> What is happening to people?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it true that the estimated height of the man on the bridge is 5'7"? Was that estimate provided by police?

the ISP press release /wanted announcement does not give a height or weight:

Delphi Homicide Investigation

later FBI release says 5'6" to 5' 10"

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/@@download.pdf

when I look at the pictures of BG, his head is down and then there is that that situation with his head/hat/hood(whatever it is) so it makes it difficult to determine where exactly his head ends IMO. Still, I would think some one who could measure the bridge ties could calculate his height, IMO.

Last edited:
My husband had a coworker (let’s call
him Joe) who recently went to prison for child *advertiser censored*. Joe was on some sort of file sharing site. I’m not sure how he got to it, but once there, he was able to download and share files via links. He had the links saved in the notes on his iPhone. That was the only device seized in the raid. You don’t need a lot of fancy equipment to access things on the internet. But it is so bizarre how creeps find the way to share this crap. Joe was no genius, so if he could do it, pretty much anyone could, if they were determined. Point being I think if you start messaging people on the internet, they can introduce you to other things, sites they know about but maybe don’t pop up in the standard google search.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder. From 2017, nothing connecting the two double murders, nothing said about DNA.

"Indiana State Police say similarities between the double-slaying of two teenage girls three weeks ago and the unsolved 2012 murder of two Evansdale, Iowa, girls are "coincidental" at this point, but investigators are "not closed" to the idea of a connection.

Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation agents reached out to Indiana State Police early on in the investigation of the Feb. 13 abduction and slaying, confirmed Mitch Mortvedt, the division's assistant director. Iowa DCI is still looking into its own unsolved murder of two Evansdale girls abducted in 2012 and found dead months later."​

Evansdale, Indiana double-homicide links 'coincidental,' Indiana State Police say

Nothing has connected the two double homicides, but plenty has been said about DNA. Like much of this case, it’s been ambiguous though. They have DNA, but it’s not clear whose it is or what it means. They discussed it in the anniversary special last year, and said they have DNA but are unsure if it belongs to the killer. I will have to search for the video.

This statement was definitive back in March 2017.

“Investigators are anxiously awaiting full DNA test results being compiled by FBI forensic analysts.”

Prosecutor says cops likely have met Delphi killer or received crucial tip due to scope of probe | Fox 59

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288